Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon after purchase, I modified my Touring for road trips and camping by removing the second and third row seats and building a platform with storage underneath in their place. The seats have been stored in a bedroom closet ever since, safely away from rodents, mildew and other nasties. (Also, I don't smoke.)

I've never once missed having the extra seats. Now that I'm looking at moving, it's time to let go of the "I might want these some day" theory and pass them along to someone who needs them. I have all the mounting hardware and brackets, and enough pictures and instructions about taking them out that I think someone handy could reverse engineer the process of putting them back in easily enough. (Plus, if you need these, you've obviously got to remove your old ones, so … instructive.)

I'm located in northern California, way northern California, almost to the Oregon border, along the coast (6 hour drive from SF). These are way too big and unwieldy to ship, so they'll need to be picked up. I don't need any money for them, I just need for this process to not be a big hassle for me.

Email me here if you're interested.

Here's a picture to help with color (this appears just a smidge darker than the actual color):

For fun - an after photo of my project:

The black area at the upper right is where the Engle 12 volt refrigerator is now mounted. I use a Yeti 1000 lithium ion battery to power the refrigerator, and have the Yeti plugged into the 110 jack on the console so it charges when the engine is on. The 2x6 framework under the platform is bolted to the car frame. I have since covered all the compartments, inside and out, with a thin black outdoor carpet. I have a full six feet behind the driver's seat for sleeping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Soon after purchase, I modified my Touring for road trips and camping by removing the second and third row seats and building a platform with storage underneath in their place. The seats have been stored in a bedroom closet ever since, safely away from rodents, mildew and other nasties. (Also, I don't smoke.)

I've never once missed having the extra seats. Now that I'm looking at moving, it's time to let go of the "I might want these some day" theory and pass them along to someone who needs them. I have all the mounting hardware and brackets, and enough pictures and instructions about taking them out that I think someone handy could reverse engineer the process of putting them back in easily enough. (Plus, if you need these, you've obviously got to remove your old ones, so … instructive.)

I'm located in northern California, way northern California, almost to the Oregon border, along the coast (6 hour drive from SF). These are way too big and unwieldy to ship, so they'll need to be picked up. I don't need any money for them, I just need for this process to not be a big hassle for me.

Email me here if you're interested.

Here's a picture to help with color (this appears just a smidge darker than the actual color):
View attachment 137426

For fun - an after photo of my project:
View attachment 137428
The black area at the upper right is where the Engle 12 volt refrigerator is now mounted. I use a Yeti 1000 lithium ion battery to power the refrigerator, and have the Yeti plugged into the 110 jack on the console so it charges when the engine is on. The 2x6 framework under the platform is bolted to the car frame. I have since covered all the compartments, inside and out, with a thin black outdoor carpet. I have a full six feet behind the driver's seat for sleeping.
Not sure how to email you. But mind explaining how you remove the second row seats?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts