Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade. Prefer a little height as well as width to give it a more SUV look. Seems like 255/60R18s are a safe bet, but I'd prefer 265/60s (not only for the look, but more tire selection).

Anyone have experience on our generation, and if they do rub,where?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I rocked the 265/60/18 Michelin Defender LTX... they were awesome looks/function! No rubbing, and on stock wheels. I pondered going BFG AT KO2... but the tire weight was the deal breaker.

If you want to buy some tires from Ohio... Holla!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looking to upgrade. Prefer a little height as well as width to give it a more SUV look. Seems like 255/60R18s are a safe bet, but I'd prefer 265/60s (not only for the look, but more tire selection).

Anyone have experience on our generation, and if they do rub,where?
I just upgraded mine and there is no rub issue. I went with the Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I rocked the 265/60/18 Michelin Defender LTX... they were awesome looks/function! No rubbing, and on stock wheels. I pondered going BFG AT KO2... but the tire weight was the deal breaker.

Can you possibly post a photo of the LTX on stock rims?

·
Registered
7 Posts
265/60R18 Michelin Premiere LTX are on sale at Tire Rack... $100 cheaper per tire than PepBoys. Free shipping and pepboys mounted and balanced for $12 each. I just put a set on my Mitsubishi Montero Sport.

*ugh. Can't post links due to low post count. :frown:

·
Registered
10 Posts

Do you think the Hankook dynapro atm rf10 or the geolander g015 would would in this size with no rubbing?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pictures

265/60R18 Michelin Premiere LTX are on sale at Tire Rack... $100 cheaper per tire than PepBoys. Free shipping and pepboys mounted and balanced for $12 each. I just put a set on my Mitsubishi Montero Sport.

*ugh. Can't post links due to low post count. :frown:
Hi Glock you can post pictures on external site and just post a link. I’m really interesting to see 265 from the back and fron of the vehicle.
Thank you

·
Registered
199 Posts
We went out into the OSV (Over Sand Vehicle) section of Assateague Island (Virginia end) and had no problems with the tires The Goodyear Wranglers handled it perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
What is the advantage of having wider tires other than looks?
How about mpg? Has anyone seen big difference if any?
Advantages - better braking, softer ride, better traction in snow, sand, mud.

Disadvantages - lower mpg, cost, better chance to hydroplane in puddles at high speeds.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Can some post close pictures from front and back please.
Here are a couple I just took. I have the 265/60R18 Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar.
Pictures in order... Front, Rear, Front turned all way to Left, Close-up back of Front wheel well clearance, Underside looking up behind front tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a brand new Pilot with 20’s and wondered if a taller sidewall would work when the time comes. Looks like it will if I’m careful. Great.

Odie - if you have time, could you post a vehicle shot showing the overall appearance impact? Tires look great BTW.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here are a couple I just took. I have the 265/60R18 Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar.
Pictures in order... Front, Rear, Front turned all way to Left, Close-up back of Front wheel well clearance, Underside looking up behind front tire.
Is there any rubbing? Looks really close

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Odie - if you have time, could you post a vehicle shot showing the overall appearance impact? Tires look great BTW.
If you go back a couple posts you'll see a picture I posted when I was out on the beach on the Lower end of Assateague Island, VI.

Joshua, No, there is no rubbing at all. Yes it looks close, but it's not. I'm hoping to give the tires a good test next weekend when we visit Knoxville and drive up to the Devil's Backbone.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts