Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm ready to get some tires for my wife's 2016 Pilot Elite, I was wondering if I could go slighty bigger and wider. Stock tires are 245/50/20, and I would like to go to 255/50/20. Could this be possible without rubbing or any other issues?..Thanks..
:oops::)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm ready to get some tires for my wife's 2016 Pilot Elite, I was wondering if I could go slighty bigger and wider. Stock tires are 245/50/20, and I would like to go to 255/50/20. Could this be possible without rubbing or any other issues?..Thanks..
Yes you will be fine. I've been running that size on Michelin LTX Defenders M/S tires for 45k+ miles so far. No issues.

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
What tire are you thinking about choosing?

Reactions: trailrunning4me

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
Not sure yet...
The 20in rim can make it a little more difficult to find a tire, especially if your hoping to not break the bank. But there are some that won't.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here's a list of 255/50r20 tires available

Same size I run on my RL.

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
Lets see pictures!
Try to calm down. It's only tires.
I was thinking since the OP was going up a notch on an Elite, He might be slapping on those ridiculously expensive High Performance Conties.

Now you can get excited.

Reactions: EFICTION

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was thinking since the OP was going up a notch on an Elite, He might be slapping on those ridiculously expensive High Performance Conties.

Now you can get excited.
lol, that's the exact tire I have, but paid less then $268/tire. I paid $255 with a $100 rebate. Ended up being $230/tire

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
590 Posts
The wider tire may help the rims from getting curbed or rashed. I hate parallel parking.

When I'm due to replace the stock Continentals I will most likely change it up to something a little bigger.

Now only if someone had an inexpensive high performance tire that let's me get 70 mpg over the tunnel turn while checking my phone and drinking a big gulp.

Only if.....

·
Registered
9,775 Posts
Now only if someone had an inexpensive high performance tire that let's me get 70 mpg over the tunnel turn while checking my phone and drinking a big gulp.

Only if.....
Such a tire already exists.
However, one problem the manufacturer is still trying to solve is that the tires only last 2-3 years before they have to be replaced.

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
View attachment 144823

Looks nice, but maybe noisy?
No no no, you can't go by that assessment. That's the paid off test track guys mumbo jumbo. Gotta wait for what the consumers say. It will be a little longer, when TireRack thinks they have enough opinions.

Reactions: EFICTION
1 - 20 of 48 Posts