Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will it rub? anyone running this set up? just wanting to go a little wider
Michelin defender LTX M/S

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking for the same thing. Has anyone fit a 265/65/17 on their stock rims, with no rubbing?

The OEM size is 245/65/17 which equates to a 29.5x9.6.
A 265/65/17 is 30.6x10.4. So about an inch taller and wider.

Doesn't seem like too crazy of a jump, and I think it would look excellent. Any thoughts? Pictures would be great too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just had them installed on my 20009 honda pilot touring, and it's perfectly fine, no rubbing at all whatsoever.
How has your new tires held up at the he larger size? Also what tire did you go with at the 265/65/17 size on the pilot? Last thing do you have any photos of them you could send. I have had a hard time finding photos installed on a Pilot. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So the 265/65/17 will not rub if I put that on to my 2011 Honda Pilot.Just like to ask before i purchase a set of tires.Thanks

·
Registered
2010 Pilot
3 Posts
I'd also like to know the same things. Also, how's the performance? I could not find a calculator to show the weight difference of the two sizes. From what I can find online, 31s would require a lift kit. These 265/65R17s are just under that. So it must be pretty tight. Would love to hear from someone who has experience with putting these on. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking for the same thing. Has anyone fit a 265/65/17 on their stock rims, with no rubbing?

The OEM size is 245/65/17 which equates to a 29.5x9.6.
A 265/65/17 is 30.6x10.4. So about an inch taller and wider.

Doesn't seem like too crazy of a jump, and I think it would look excellent. Any thoughts? Pictures would be great too!
Yes I have and they did not rub on flat ground however they only had 1/2 clearance when full turn of wheels so I chose not to chance it. I then was able to find some the stock size after being on back order for 3 months

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry I accidentally hit post before I was completed. I am attaching some photos of the finished product on my 2011 Honda pilot touring. They are BF good rich KO2 and are a D rated tread from Costco for a great price of $166 each plus install. So far I love them. We have barely traveled with them yet so I can’t tell you if I’ve lost any mileage but others I have read about showed no mileage loss. They do have a little hum with windows down but not loud at all. They are actually more quiet than my highway tires were when they were almost wore out. Below are the photos after they were installed. I would like to see it a bit taller with a little space but I did not want to get into a bunch of customization so I stuck with the standard size. It’ll also keep me from getting in trouble try to take it places it shouldn’t go. It really is four-wheel-drive for the road not for the off-road. Hope it helps have a great!

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Pilot
3 Posts
Sorry I accidentally hit post before I was completed. I am attaching some photos of the finished product on my 2011 Honda pilot touring. They are BF good rich KO2 and are a D rated tread from Costco for a great price of $166 each plus install. So far I love them. We have barely traveled with them yet so I can’t tell you if I’ve lost any mileage but others I have read about showed no mileage loss. They do have a little hum with windows down but not loud at all. They are actually more quiet than my highway tires were when they were almost wore out. Below are the photos after they were installed. I would like to see it a bit taller with a little space but I did not want to get into a bunch of customization so I stuck with the standard size. It’ll also keep me from getting in trouble try to take it places it shouldn’t go. It really is four-wheel-drive for the road not for the off-road. Hope it helps have a great!
Those look great. Really aggressive on the Pilot. Thanks for sharing the photos. So, those are about 10lbs heavier than the stock P246/65-17s. I'm looking at a used set of LT245/70-17s, which are about the same weight as your new tires. I'm wondering if the added weight is going to affect my mileage and/or will be harder on the drive train etc... Did you look into the impact of weight differences?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts