Mine also has some problems. The fan motor doesn’t go on so I keep a rubber hammer on the floor and hit it. Door locks don’t work. It’s still runs.So sick. Love to see it. I'm at 220k and things are starting to fail on me, that'd be awesome to get to 250k.
Rear blower thermistor (aka thermal resistor aka transistor). Just did this and that was the cure.
View attachment 138234
But start by seeing if just cleaning the rear blower motor fan with a vacuum cleaner might do the trick. To clean the rear blower fan, remove the driver's side panel under the center console between the driver's seat and the gas pedal. The panel just snaps out and it's easiest if you start pulling near the gas pedal.
View attachment 138235
Find great deals on eBay for rear blower motor transistor resistor for honda pilot. Shop with confidence.www.ebay.com
Thermistor installation tips:
- Remove wiring harness connector.
- Depress little black metal tab just outside housing and rotate old thermistor clockwise so notches align and it pulls straight out easily.
- Install new thermistor by sliding in and rotating counterclockwise so notches no longer line up.
- Rebend little black metal tab to hold thermistor in place if necessary. It should snap into place.
- Reconnect wiring harness.
- Test. If it works you've just saved hundreds of dollars.
No it’s the one in front under glove box. I cleaned that rear blower motor screen last year made a big difference. It’s a beach fishing truck now.Needs a little vacuuming, too.
Which fan? If it's the one under the center console for the rear blower, vacuuming it can make a world of difference.
RockAuto is your friend.Mine also has some problems. The fan motor doesn’t go on so I keep a rubber hammer on the floor and hit it. Door locks don’t work. It’s still runs.
5% Discount Code: 61F8C3AFDC21E1
Expires: May 12, 2021
Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.