Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So sick. Love to see it. I'm at 220k and things are starting to fail on me, that'd be awesome to get to 250k.

--Chris N.
Mine also has some problems. The fan motor doesn’t go on so I keep a rubber hammer on the floor and hit it. Door locks don’t work. It’s still runs.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts
Needs a little vacuuming, too. :)

Which fan? If it's the one under the center console for the rear blower, vacuuming it can make a world of difference.

Rear blower thermistor (aka thermal resistor aka transistor). Just did this and that was the cure.

View attachment 138234

But start by seeing if just cleaning the rear blower motor fan with a vacuum cleaner might do the trick. To clean the rear blower fan, remove the driver's side panel under the center console between the driver's seat and the gas pedal. The panel just snaps out and it's easiest if you start pulling near the gas pedal.

View attachment 138235

Thermistor installation tips:
  1. Remove wiring harness connector.
  2. Depress little black metal tab just outside housing and rotate old thermistor clockwise so notches align and it pulls straight out easily.
  3. Install new thermistor by sliding in and rotating counterclockwise so notches no longer line up.
  4. Rebend little black metal tab to hold thermistor in place if necessary. It should snap into place.
  5. Reconnect wiring harness.
  6. Test. If it works you've just saved hundreds of dollars.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Needs a little vacuuming, too. :)

Which fan? If it's the one under the center console for the rear blower, vacuuming it can make a world of difference.
No it’s the one in front under glove box. I cleaned that rear blower motor screen last year made a big difference. It’s a beach fishing truck now.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
2008 pilot. 250,000 hard towing miles and still all original.
Congratulations - I just replaced the oil pan at 177,000. The catalytic converter gets replaced after I get my tax refund (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Mine also has some problems. The fan motor doesn’t go on so I keep a rubber hammer on the floor and hit it. Door locks don’t work. It’s still runs.
RockAuto is your friend.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts
...and here's your best bet in the lineup:

More Information for TYC 700002

And for you, captain, 5% off...

5% Discount Code: 61F8C3AFDC21E1
Expires: May 12, 2021

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
We have an 08 FWD- 194K on it.

Still runs well.
You did also replace the cabin air filter right?

This pic would be so much better if the hood wasn't up! LOL

Nice pic and story though!

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX 4WD (J35A9)
142 Posts
Im impressed with how much weight you tow. My concern would be getting up certain ramps when the boat is loaded, and way more concerned about coming to a stop on the roadway while pulling that sport cabin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts