Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of you may have seen my comments that I bought a Pilot 2 months ago that needed the rear subframe fixed and I took on the project. Well, this morning my Pilot was totalled while parked on my street. A CRV hit it going probably 40mph. They got it on the flatbed and I glanced to see if my repairs held up through the impact and it sure did. I recommend doing a similar repair in the future if the surrounding metal isn't too bad! (if you're confident in your mechanical ability.)

Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
Wow Damn! Those photos! Such violence in that impact.
What was the CRV driver doing? Or not doing in this case.
Shoved it into the utility pole- WOW!

Registered
RIP old Pilot. What are you thinking of getting next after the insurance payout? I can鈥檛 imagine it being much tbh.

Registered
I was expecting a corner to corner hit. How does one do that unless they're asleep or something? Do people not normally park their cars on the street there?

Registered
A few of you may have seen my comments that I bought a Pilot 2 months ago that needed the rear subframe fixed and I took on the project. Well, this morning my Pilot was totalled while parked on my street. A CRV hit it going probably 40mph. They got it on the flatbed and I glanced to see if my repairs held up through the impact and it sure did. I recommend doing a similar repair in the future if the surrounding metal isn't too bad! (if you're confident in your mechanical ability.)
Wow too bad about your Pilot. Hope you can find a similar one in good shape and less miles.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know man. She was heading to work, had to be looking at her phone. That's the only way this could've happened. Sucks!!

Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
Sorry for your loss. Hopefully you'll find another one in better shape for cheaper.馃

Does the 03 to 05 Pilots not have rear reflecters in the bumper like the 06-08? I followed my wife home in the dark and they could easily be seen 50+ft away off my headlights.

Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
My '04 does not have them on the bumpers but nothing can help with ignorance and hand held technology
That crash was straight on, I would like to think that if it had better reflectors it might have caught the person's eye and prevented it. Some $10 Reflective Tape (no matter how tacky it is 馃槣) could have made a difference IMO.

Being on this board, and the FB group, seems our Pilots like to take it up the rear more than any other accident. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
Sorry to see your Pilot was totaled. Hopefully the other person had insurance so as to make replacing the vehicle a bit easier/less expensive.

Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
That crash was straight on, I would like to think that if it had better reflectors it might have caught the person's eye and prevented it. Some $10 Reflective Tape (no matter how tacky it is 馃槣) could have made a difference IMO.

Being on this board, and the FB group, seems our Pilots like to take it up the rear more than any other accident. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
I like to think that most Pilot owners/drivers tend to be a little more cautious on the road. The Pilot is not really one of those cars that most young and or new drivers dreams of owning. They are the ones that usually hit the Pilots.

Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
Sorry for your loss man. Know it hurts. May you will find another to replace her 馃憤. I know I love my Pilot even if she is promoting only hot Florida air at the moment 馃槀

Registered
Banned from wife鈥檚 2005 Pilot LX
Sorry to hear about your Pilot. That sucks putting work into your property, then having someone mess it up in less than a second.

Hopefully it鈥檚 a wake up call to the CRV driver to pay attention to what鈥檚 in front of you.

Reactions: Nail Grease

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

It was bad! There's plentyyyy of parking lane that this shouldn't have happened. It does suck, the body was in pretty great shape! And was mechanically sound, just had high mileage. I definitely am going to try to stick with this body Pilot, since I don't want to fork over more money for a newer body Pilot.

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
She was heading to work, had to be looking at her phone.
My '04 does not have them on the bumpers but nothing can help with ignorance and hand held technology

View attachment 140425
I like to think that most Pilot owners/drivers tend to be a little more cautious on the road. The Pilot is not really one of those cars that most young and or new drivers dreams of owning. They are the ones that usually hit the Pilots.
Hopefully it鈥檚 a wake up call to the CRV driver to pay attention to what鈥檚 in front of you.

Happened to me on a previous vehicle, while we were in it. Among other things, it led to this:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts