Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2023 Palisade and Telluride

6262 49
The refreshed Telluride and Palisade have been revealed. Kia has added an off road trim similar to Trailsport (X Line) but has an X Pro that increases the tow rating, adds A/T tires among other touches. The Palisade continues to push the content boundaries, now offering 3rd row heated seats. Thoughts?

Automotive parking light Sky Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel

Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Gear shift Plant Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
13,231 Posts
FWIW, I've noticed that the Hasidim in my city are undergoing a conversion from their traditional Odysseys to Tellurides.

Anyone in NYC notice this, too?

· Registered
2019 EX AWD
110 Posts
Certainly not "totalled". A new door, bottom plastic rocker trim (repair metal underneath) new rim, some nail polish, and you're back in business. The fit/finish of where upper door meets body don't look changed, no way there is axle or structural damage. Cuz paint n dry time are most expensive, guess $5/6,000 and you're back on the road. I T-boned a small car that pulled out in front of me in a 2-year old '09 Pilot, with $7K damage that was fixed and drove it for another seven years without any issues related to the accident. All suspension was fine, ok, except the issue with compliance bearings which Honda replaced "free". This is the kind of accident that's really more "wounded pride" than lingering mechanical issues. The driver that hit the Pilot likely needs a better backup camera.😃
You and others are 100% correct. I was hoping for unrepairable frame damage but it is just door with side molding, splash guard, wheel, rear bumper, plastic body panel above bumper and plastic trim above the wheel. Frankly diy job with parts from junkyard but I have a problem with State Farm estimate of $4,000 (approved payout) and estimates I get from local body shops, all in excess of $8,000 (California thing, like gas over $6 in most places) . So, most likely I will have to hire a lawyer to make State Farm pay actual repair cost + lost value of the car because of an accident on the record. I have never had a claim before so this process is new to me. Sort of disapointed in State Farm being such a dishonest cheapskate. I sent them all estimates when I opened a claim only to have repaired approved for 50% of what I will have to pay.

· Registered
'05 Pilot EX-LRES | '13 Fit Sport | '11 MB GLK | '20 Kia Telluride SX-P
255 Posts
Typical response from someone who can't provide a valid counterargument is resorting to name-calling.
LOL...counter-argument? You posted a video without any comments or actual thoughts of your own.
That's OK bro...I guess you've proved your point. Cheers.

· Registered
22 Pilot SE, 20 GLE 350, 06 Civic EX
239 Posts
IMO, no. You only have about $6,000 worth of damage -- it's minor fender bender. Looks like the front door and rear quarter panel were spared, so a new rear door, rear wheel, rear bumper cover, lower trim and paint. The frame should be fine, looks like it was low speed parking lot impact.

Make sure their insurance company also pays you for depreciation, in addition to the cost of the repairs. You Pilot will be worth less now since it will not have a clean car fax -- it's no longer eligible as a Honda Certified Used Car. A dealer can tell you how much the damage will affect the resale value, compared to the same vehicle with no damage.

· Registered
'05 Pilot EX-LRES | '13 Fit Sport | '11 MB GLK | '20 Kia Telluride SX-P
255 Posts
Reactions: plplplpl

· Registered
2017 Pilot EX-L 2WD
66 Posts
You and others are 100% correct. I was hoping for unrepairable frame damage but it is just door with side molding, splash guard, wheel, rear bumper, plastic body panel above bumper and plastic trim above the wheel. Frankly diy job with parts from junkyard but I have a problem with State Farm estimate of $4,000 (approved payout) and estimates I get from local body shops, all in excess of $8,000 (California thing, like gas over $6 in most places) . So, most likely I will have to hire a lawyer to make State Farm pay actual repair cost + lost value of the car because of an accident on the record. I have never had a claim before so this process is new to me. Sort of disapointed in State Farm being such a dishonest cheapskate. I sent them all estimates when I opened a claim only to have repaired approved for 50% of what I will have to pay.
is State Farm your insurance or the other drivers? Was the accident ruled 50/50 fault? Is it possible that they are only going to pay part and you have to get the rest from the other insurance company? I don’t know how it works if insurance determines shared responsibility for the accident. My insurance has always paid 100% of the repair even when the final cost was higher than the initial estimate.

· Registered
2019 EX AWD
110 Posts
is State Farm your insurance or the other drivers? Was the accident ruled 50/50 fault? Is it possible that they are only going to pay part and you have to get the rest from the other insurance company? I don’t know how it works if insurance determines shared responsibility for the accident. My insurance has always paid 100% of the repair even when the final cost was higher than the initial estimate.
State Farm is the other driver's insurance (driver is 86 year old who most likely should not be driving a vehicle). Ruled 100% his fault (witnesses etc.). Got some legal advice and rule no. 1 is NOT TO CASH payout check if you are not happy with it. If you do that you agree with an estimate and basically all is over. I am bringing my car to a body shop this coming Tuesday for repair (State Farm adjuster is going to be there to approve estimate, repair etc.). I will let you know how it ends. State Farm approved rental (Nissan Rogue, btw I drive 2011) but after one phone call (and insisting on 3 row like Pilot needed to carry my virtuall 5 kids) my rental will be Chevy Tahoe. Can not wait to check out real American SUV with 4.5 star reliability rating (vs lousy 2.5 star Pilot). Tahoe might be my next ride, who knows. I am going to check out also 2022 Nissan Pathfinder. I have had basically 0 issues with my 3 Nissans and 2 were sold with over 250,000 miles on odometer still running perfectly.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.