Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2023 Palisade and Telluride

6261 49
The refreshed Telluride and Palisade have been revealed. Kia has added an off road trim similar to Trailsport (X Line) but has an X Pro that increases the tow rating, adds A/T tires among other touches. The Palisade continues to push the content boundaries, now offering 3rd row heated seats. Thoughts?

Automotive parking light Sky Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel

Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Gear shift Plant Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· Registered
2017 Pilot EX-L 2WD
66 Posts
@Arthur36 unless they hit with enough force to damage the frame (probably unlikely in a parking lot accident) seriously doubt it will be totaled. Between my mom, my husband and I, we’ve had 4 vehicles with a total of at least 6 doors, 4 quarter panels, 3 rear bumpers, 3 front bumpers, a trunk, hood, grill and some lights replaced. They’ve all come back from the shop as good as new. On my older cars I was able to get insurance to cover the cost of a new clearcoat on the entire vehicle so that the paint on the new parts would fade at the same rate as the original, but when I had my ‘12 CR-V repaired they assured me that’s not as much of a concern as it used to be. I would still see if you can get insurance to cover a new clearcoat for the whole thing though. I wouldn’t get a different SUV just because of some body damage but of course it’s up to you and your wife.

· Registered
2019 EX-L AWD
99 Posts
These cars seem to hold up really well and I see lots of 10-15 year old models on the road.
Additionally, most people don’t keep their cars 15-20 years and if they do, they can expect to put a lot of money in repairs/replacements no matter what the brand.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Hondas but ridiculously finicky transmissions that require changing the fluid 1/3 of the manufacturers recommended interval is pretty pathetic. Oh and what about the radiators that will inevitably rust and cause coolant and transmission fluid to mix? Also that “feature” that supposedly saves fuel, but will also lead to costly engine repairs?
Yeah I just got a 2019 pilot and did the 30k 3x trans fluid drain and fill (my wife’s Chrysler pacific says trans fluid lasts the life of the vehicle-as in virtually any other vehicle I’ve ever owned) and installed the VCM disabler - this is my first Honda and I bought it specifically because they are supposed to be very reliable- disappointed to see I bought something that has a faultering reliability status :/

· Registered
2019 EX-L AWD
99 Posts
My wife's Pilot was damaged an hour ago. Not her fault, some old couple hit her parked Honda in front of the store. So, I will looking for a new suv. If it is not consider totaled by insurance company I will not be comfortable driving a salvage. I am going to check Telluride or if she wants (I do not) another Honda. Do you guys think it will be consider totaled? Car is only 3 year old and not even 10,000 on the odometer. I am still at work, have not looked at the damage yet. View attachment 158807 View attachment 158808 View attachment 158809 View attachment 158810
Sure don’t look totalled to me by a long shot and not a salvage by any means - why do they total the pilots with so little damage done ?

· Registered
13,231 Posts
Here's hoping that you live long enough to post about a cross-Dominion trip in your hydrogen-fueled whatever-it-might-be.
Me, too! At this rate, my Pilot might well outlast me. :)

· Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
My wife's Pilot was damaged an hour ago. Not her fault, some old couple hit her parked Honda in front of the store. So, I will looking for a new suv. If it is not consider totaled by insurance company I will not be comfortable driving a salvage. I am going to check Telluride or if she wants (I do not) another Honda. Do you guys think it will be consider totaled? Car is only 3 year old and not even 10,000 on the odometer. I am still at work, have not looked at the damage yet. View attachment 158807 View attachment 158808 View attachment 158809 View attachment 158810
Our '15 had similar damage a few years ago, the pricier shop charged $3,500 which is where I told the kid's parents I wanted to take it since they have a better reputation. So no, not totaled.

Would you classify Scotty as a "hater"?

Most certainly. Can't stand his voice, his mannerisms, the BS that he spews, etc. My recommendation with his videos is to believe the opposite of most of what he says.

· Registered
255 Posts
There’s no way this is totaled. And why would it be salvaged after repaired? Get if fixed, get reimbursed for diminished value and move on

· Registered
9 Posts
The refreshed Telluride and Palisade have been revealed. Kia has added an off road trim similar to Trailsport (X Line) but has an X Pro that increases the tow rating, adds A/T tires among other touches. The Palisade continues to push the content boundaries, now offering 3rd row heated seats. Thoughts?

View attachment 158735

View attachment 158736

View attachment 158737

View attachment 158739

View attachment 158740

View attachment 158741
I sold my 2016 EXL-Navi to my son (78,000 miles) and bought a 2021 Palisade Limited in 12-2020. It now has 22,000 miles on it and I like it a lot. At the time I was shopping, Honda Pilots were a little behind in safety electronics and other convenience features, in my opinion, so I decided to try the Hyundai after owning 3 Pilots since 2004.

The Palisade is quieter on the highway than my Pilot, but generally has a very similar ride. It gets a little worse gas mileage. The Pilot would get 27-28 on a 500 mile trip, whereas the Palisade does 24-26.
My 2016 Pilot has never had any problems and my son likes it a lot. I'm still a Honda fan, but always open to new things.

· Registered
16 Posts
I say anyone who says “never buy Hyundai/Kia because they’re so unreliable” has not owned one in the last 10 years. Times are changing. If I was in the market for a new 3 row, the Palisade and Telluride would be main considerations.

Hondas reputation as the most reliable is slowly seeming to fade away.
I wouldn't say Honda's reputation is fading away as much as others like Hyundai/Kia are catching up.

My wife had an '04 Sorrento that was solid for 10 years then catastrophically failed, leading her to get an Outback (which she loves).

I've been thinking about trading in my 2016 Pilot Elite for a Palisade.

· Registered
23 Posts
Certainly not "totalled". A new door, bottom plastic rocker trim (repair metal underneath) new rim, some nail polish, and you're back in business. The fit/finish of where upper door meets body don't look changed, no way there is axle or structural damage. Cuz paint n dry time are most expensive, guess $5/6,000 and you're back on the road. I T-boned a small car that pulled out in front of me in a 2-year old '09 Pilot, with $7K damage that was fixed and drove it for another seven years without any issues related to the accident. All suspension was fine, ok, except the issue with compliance bearings which Honda replaced "free". This is the kind of accident that's really more "wounded pride" than lingering mechanical issues. The driver that hit the Pilot likely needs a better backup camera.😃

· Registered
237 Posts
I love my 2005 boxy Pilot., I'm 6'4". The trend for years has been to increase the windshield rake resulting in a lower entrance height. Once I'm in there if there's no moonroof I'm fine. Good luck getting a loaded suv now without the moonroof though. 97% of the country is shorter than me so i can't blame them. A friend of mine is 5'10 and the city is replacing their fleet of low mileage perfectly healthy F-150's for Rangers with the micro beds. He bashes his head getting in the thing and now it takes three trips to the dumpster where it took one trip with the F-150. Go figure with government. Your tax dollars at work.
(n)

· Registered
237 Posts
Certainly not "totalled". A new door, bottom plastic rocker trim (repair metal underneath) new rim, some nail polish, and you're back in business. The fit/finish of where upper door meets body don't look changed, no way there is axle or structural damage. Cuz paint n dry time are most expensive, guess $5/6,000 and you're back on the road. I T-boned a small car that pulled out in front of me in a 2-year old '09 Pilot, with $7K damage that was fixed and drove it for another seven years without any issues related to the accident. All suspension was fine, ok, except the issue with compliance bearings which Honda replaced "free". This is the kind of accident that's really more "wounded pride" than lingering mechanical issues. The driver that hit the Pilot likely needs a better backup camera.😃
My wife wrecked our '05 to the tune of $9K and AAA fixed it and I can't tell the difference. This was 10 yrs ago when it had some value.

· Registered
23 Posts

View attachment 158735

View attachment 158736

View attachment 158737

View attachment 158739

View attachment 158740

View attachment 158741
Cintocrunch, thanks for putting this out; great photos and a good reminder of what continues to happen with Honda as the Pilot takes The Road Less Traveled to quote an old book. The shape that sells better as an SUV is closer to a box, not a VW Bug. As a 36 year driver of Honda vehicles (3 Accords, 2 Pilots and wife's CRV), I'm reasonably certain the vehicle after my '15 Pilot SE dies will either be a Kia/Hyundai SUV or Toyota/Ford pickup truck. I didn't like the "wussification" of what I now call the Pilodyssey (mating the Pilot with an Odyssey) which had most people thinking Honda came out with a second minivan rather than a 3rd Gen SUV. Of course Honda quickly ran across oncoming traffic and pulled out a beefier looking Pilot, only to call it the Passport in response to the feedback. I'll have my '15 likely until Honda has it's 4th Gen Pilot, so who knows. My daughter who grew up in a Honda family, and married into a family connected to a Buick/Kia dealership with access to new cars every two years. They decided to skip the family discount and bought the Hyundai combo pack with a new Palisade and Sonata; they've been very pleased. Overall the ride with Honda has been good...going forward, it's not longer guaranteed. Glad I can still work on them when needed.

· Registered
'05 Pilot EX-LRES | '13 Fit Sport | '11 MB GLK | '20 Kia Telluride SX-P
255 Posts
I say anyone who says “never buy Hyundai/Kia because they’re so unreliable” has not owned one in the last 10 years. Times are changing. If I was in the market for a new 3 row, the Palisade and Telluride would be main considerations.

Hondas reputation as the most reliable is slowly seeming to fade away.
Kia/Hyundai have indeed come a long way from their bad rep 10+ years ago.

I got a brand new 2020 Kia Telluride back in late 2019 and I still have a huge smile every time I drive this thing. I have a teenager driving the Pilot now...and it's still chugging along.

· Registered
'05 Pilot EX-LRES | '13 Fit Sport | '11 MB GLK | '20 Kia Telluride SX-P
255 Posts
21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.