Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2023 Palisade and Telluride

6262 49
The refreshed Telluride and Palisade have been revealed. Kia has added an off road trim similar to Trailsport (X Line) but has an X Pro that increases the tow rating, adds A/T tires among other touches. The Palisade continues to push the content boundaries, now offering 3rd row heated seats. Thoughts?

Automotive parking light Sky Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel

Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Gear shift Plant Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,887 Posts
I say anyone who says “never buy Hyundai/Kia because they’re so unreliable” has not owned one in the last 10 years. Times are changing. If I was in the market for a new 3 row, the Palisade and Telluride would be main considerations.

Hondas reputation as the most reliable is slowly seeming to fade away.

· Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I say anyone who says “never buy Hyundai/Kia because they’re so unreliable” has not owned one in the last 10 years. Times are changing. If I was in the market for a new 3 row, the Palisade and Telluride would be main considerations.

Well the Hyundai and Kia will come with a 10 year / 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, and a B2B warranty that's superior to other brands.

And I will say our '08 Sonata my wife bought new has been amazing through 175k so far.

I'm glad I'm not in the market right now, it would be hard to choose! Many good options. Personally I love that Hyundai and Kia keep pushing the feature content while building excellent vehicles. It's forcing others to do the same and we the consumers win.

· Registered
2017 Pilot EX-L 2WD
66 Posts

Based on what I’ve seen with my friends vehicles… Hyundai has made some really reliable vehicles in the last 15 yrs, Kia still has plenty of room for improvement but they’re definitely going in the right direction. Hondas are still good but sadly not what they used to be.

· Registered
270 Posts
i would definitely go for the kia if they had a hybrid,,, and if they weren't jacking everything up 7-10k over msrp.
otherwise i can totally see myself in a ford maverick hybrid (which will probably also have a phev option before either kia or honda have a comparable sized hybrid)
i do have to say though that kia hybrids with the 6speed instead of cvt are pretty awesome. as much as i liked the niro, i couldn't justify paying 1500/yr to register and insure a 2nd car i no longer needed.

· Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Show me one when it's 20 years old.
Our '08 is 14 years old now, 175k and shows no signs of stopping anytime soon. And it hasn't lived the easiest life being a college vehicle and used for city commuting.

This is a very typical thing for the "haters" to say - and I am definitely a Honda fanboy but I know a good vehicle when I've spent that much time in it.

· Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,887 Posts
These cars seem to hold up really well and I see lots of 10-15 year old models on the road.
Additionally, most people don’t keep their cars 15-20 years and if they do, they can expect to put a lot of money in repairs/replacements no matter what the brand.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Hondas but ridiculously finicky transmissions that require changing the fluid 1/3 of the manufacturers recommended interval is pretty pathetic. Oh and what about the radiators that will inevitably rust and cause coolant and transmission fluid to mix? Also that “feature” that supposedly saves fuel, but will also lead to costly engine repairs?

· Registered
10,593 Posts
These cars seem to hold up really well and I see lots of 10-15 year old models on the road.
Additionally, most people don’t keep their cars 15-20 years and if they do, they can expect to put a lot of money in repairs/replacements no matter what the brand.
My two newest vehicles will both be 20 years old this year.

· Registered
10,593 Posts
Our '08 is 14 years old now, 175k and shows no signs of stopping anytime soon. And it hasn't lived the easiest life being a college vehicle and used for city commuting.

This is a very typical thing for the "haters" to say - and I am definitely a Honda fanboy but I know a good vehicle when I've spent that much time in it.
You're only about two-thirds of the way there with the 14-year-old '08.

· Registered
2017 Pilot EX-L 2WD
66 Posts
An old friend of mine got an 02 Sonata back in 08 and is still driving it. She has put that car through hell. Literally kept driving it after the wheel fell off. After one accident insurance totaled it but she opted to keep it. It looks like crap inside and out but gets her where she needs to go… except for when she would need a jump because her blow n go was hard on the battery. Maintenance and repairs are not a priority for her. She’s only ever done the bare minimum and usually doesn’t even do that until way after she should’ve. I haven’t talked to her in almost 2 yrs but still see her driving around in the same old Hyundai. It’s 20 yrs old, poorly maintained and still hanging on.

· Registered
13,231 Posts
As much as I totally like my 1st gen (and the 2nd gens, too), my next vehicle will be a Telluride or a Pallisade, from the looks of it.

Thing is, my '06 is still so good, it looks like Hyundai and/or Kia will have time to market a hybrid, maybe even a hydrogen version, before my '06 croaks, barring anything catastrophic. :)

· Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd buy a Hyundai (I already have one) or a Kia. But don't forget, they've had major engine issues. They've had to extend engine warranties to 150k miles because of all of the problems.
Yea, the Theta engines had a rough go of it. The Lambda series has been their V6 for 15+ years at this point and it's been a stout product with no major issues that I know of. Ours is still very smooth and strong at 14 years and 175k miles.

Your use case is a little bit unique - ours has already been with us more than twice the average car owner.

As much as I totally like my 1st gen (and the 2nd gens, too), my next vehicle will be a Telluride or a Pallisade, from the looks of it.

Thing is, my '06 is still so good, it looks like Hyundai and/or Kia will have time to market a hybrid, maybe even a hydrogen version, before my '06 croaks, barring anything catastrophic. :)
From what I'm hearing from friends who have bought them, you won't regret it. Nostalgia for the "simpler" Pilot will exist but everyone who has one of them (mostly Tellurides, shocker) absolutely loves them.

Reactions: plplplpl

· Registered
2007 Pilot EXL, 2012 Civic LX, 2007 VTX1300C
825 Posts
buddy of mine has a 2018 Santa Fe. I'll be sure to let everyone know when it starts falling apart ;)

if you take care of it... any vehicle should last a lifetime.

· Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
buddy of mine has a 2018 Santa Fe. I'll be sure to let everyone know when it starts falling apart ;)

if you take care of it... any vehicle should last a lifetime.
The Santa Fe used the 2.4 or 2.0T, I believe both of them were part of the extended engine warranty (not 100% of the year range). The Santa Fe XL used the 3.3 Lambda V6 and AFAIK haven't had any issues.

· Registered
2019 EX AWD
110 Posts
My wife's Pilot was damaged an hour ago. Not her fault, some old couple hit her parked Honda in front of the store. So, I will looking for a new suv. If it is not consider totaled by insurance company I will not be comfortable driving a salvage. I am going to check Telluride or if she wants (I do not) another Honda. Do you guys think it will be consider totaled? Car is only 3 year old and not even 10,000 on the odometer. I am still at work, have not looked at the damage yet.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Locking hubs Automotive tire Vehicle brake

· Super Moderator
5,231 Posts
Based off the pics the damage appears repairable. If the damage is limited to the door and surrounding areas a good body shop should make it look good again. But if the shop finds more extensive damage like the frame or axle my guesstimate will differ. Post back the outcome as I hope it ends well for you.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.