Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda released most details on the 2023 CR-V this morning... I really like the Civic based interior and the exterior is more mature to my eyes, definitely going to stand out less in a parking lot than the last generation. Pushing the windshield back gives it a more SUV and less crossover look while the rear taillight shape is highly Volvo to me. They keep making the taillights more similar to the 1st gen Volvo XC90 taillights with each generation, with the additional little flourish into the tailgate.

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Sky Vehicle Car Window Motor vehicle

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
Home of the 301k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
13,757 Posts
Does it come with a 6 cylinder engine?
Ya right!
My only complaint of owning 2 CRVs was the lack of power. The last one we had was a AWD which made the lack of power even worse. It looked like a snail and drove like one too. Couldn’t hack it anymore.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya right!
My only complaint of owning 2 CRVs was the lack of power. The last one we had was a AWD which made the lack of power even worse. It looked like a snail and drove like one too. Couldn’t hack it anymore.
The new ones with the turbo are quite a bit stronger than the 2.4, having driven every generation of CR-V. But the 2.4/5AT models are very reliable units.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ya right!

If my wife's CR-V had a V-6 I'd have to establish a direct deduction from the checking account every month to pay for her speeding tickets. Maybe you've just been spoiled by your V-6 Accord but to me the 2.4L 2014 CR-V we own has plenty of power for the size and type car it is. I can't say I've ever encountered any problems keeping up with traffic or passing. For me the 180 HP gets the job done.

·
Registered
Home of the 301k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
13,757 Posts
If my wife's CR-V had a V-6 I'd have to establish a direct deduction from the checking account every month to pay for her speeding tickets. Maybe you've just been spoiled by your V-6 Accord but to me the 2.4L 2014 CR-V we own has plenty of power for the size and type car it is. I can't say I've ever encountered any problems keeping up with traffic or passing. For me the 180 HP gets the job done.
You could be right, since we owned other Honda’s with V6 engines. Not all the 75mph highways have controlled access, so ya, I need to get up to speed or get ran over. Lack of power was especially concerning when the vehicle was loaded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts