Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2023 Acura MDX (SH-AWD) A-Spec vs 2023 Honda Pilot Elite

2014 Views 26 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  devmechster
Hi all,

I’m cross shopping the new Pilot Elite and Acura MDX. I test drove the MDX this weekend and was pretty happy with the overall interior quality and driving performance. I‘m not in love with the exterior design - it looks like a wagon to be honest and I find the headroom to be a little tight.

Has anyone compared the new Pilot Elite with the Acura MDX? I‘m guessing it’s a step down in interior quality but I like the Pilot’s exterior design and boxy shape, I like how it’s a lot taller which I assume gives you much more headroom. Is the interior of the new Pilot Elite a big step down compared to the Acura MDX in terms of quality and fit and finish?

thanks.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
309 Posts
Except for lack of space, I would seriously consider a 4Runner. Unfortunately, the larger Toyotas are real tanks and a bit odd and also not made in Japan like the 4Runner.

· Registered
53 Posts
i own a ‘16 Honda Pilot and still enjoy driving it. I had reviewed and watched most of the videos of the ‘23 Pilot for months and was ready to pull the trigger on the ‘23 elite model. I came in for a test drive and came away disappointed. It is a freaking bigger version of the new CRV. The interior is plain and boring. The touch screen is dated. I like the boxy exterior but it looks too much like a new crv. Don’t get me wrong. I love the look of the new crv, but if i spend $50k plus, I expect it to look more luxurious & nicer materials. I bought the new MDX instead.
Oh more thing, dealer’s markup for the Pilot is $3.5k. With mdx, im sure u can get it below msrp

· Registered
53 Posts
i own a ‘16 Honda Pilot and still enjoy driving it. I had reviewed and watched most of the videos of the ‘23 Pilot for months and was ready to pull the trigger on the ‘23 elite model. I came in for a test drive and came away disappointed. It is a freaking bigger version of the new CRV. The interior is plain and boring. The touch screen is dated. I like the boxy exterior but it looks too much like a new crv. Don’t get me wrong. I love the look of the new crv, but if i spend $50k plus, I expect it to look more luxurious & nicer materials. I bought the new MDX instead.
how much did you pay for the MDX? any discount?

· Registered
53 Posts
how much did you pay for the MDX? any discount?
$70k out the door (taxes included) for ‘23 mdx with advance package. I paid msrp minus dealer’s installed accessories. They claimed to be over $4k.I think they cost about $1k. I wanted an aspec model with black trim & red interior. Wife likes the advance model better. I talked to a guy there who just pulled a trigger on the white type s mdx for his pregnant wife. Out the door price was $84k. Man i was glad my wife was in the show room at the time.

· Registered
705 Posts
$70k out the door (taxes included) for ‘23 mdx with advance package. I paid msrp minus dealer’s installed accessories. They claimed to be over $4k.I think they cost about $1k. I wanted an aspec model with black trim & red interior. Wife likes the advance model better. I talked to a guy there who just pulled a trigger on the white type s mdx for his pregnant wife. Out the door price was $84k. Man i was glad my wife was in the show room at the time.
Enjoy the MDX! I am getting the Elite at MSRP and others have as well for what it's worth and mine is high 50s all in with TTL so the MDX premium is still real

21 - 27 of 27 Posts