Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2022 Price Reporting thread.

51K views 102 replies 64 participants last post by  Richfl01 
#1 ·
Please use this thread to discuss pricing on model year 2022 Pilots ONLY!

How to report your price:

Trim level
AWD or FWD
Factory options selected

MSRP inc delivery
Actual Price Paid before extras
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing)
Tax
Title and other fees
Total

Dealer name, city, state.
Additionally, please share if you traded in a car or not.

Thank you

2022 Honda Pilot Pricing

#2 ·
Now is a terrible time to buy a car, but ¯\(ツ)

2022 Touring AWD
Pretty much stock Touring trim

MSRP inc delivery
$47,145
$47,145 😢
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing)
$1998.00 Interior / Exterior protection package
Tax
$2,963.82
Title and other fees
$15 License Transfer Fee
$16 Title Fee
$254 Documentation Fee
Total
$52,391.82

Zeigler Honda, Kalamazoo
No Trade

#7 · (Edited)
2022 Touring AWD 7-passenger with premium paint

MSRP including delivery
$47,540
$44,195
Dealer fitted extras
None
Tax
$4,076.25
Title and other fees
$3.50 License Transfer Fee
$599 Documentation Fee
Total
$48,873.75

I made the deal in July with the dealer. They were out of 2021 models but they matched the price of the 2021 model. They did a dealer swap for the color combination and trim level we were looking for. This is in Kansas.

#8 ·
Good deal! I just got quote from two dealers both of them asking for about $600 below than MSRP as selling price.

One of dealer said "For 2022 Ex-L the selling price is $42,285.00 +++ The price includes mud guards, wheel locks, and rear folding cargo mat. " They mentioned stock is very limited... Seems it's really bad time to buy a new vehicle now.

#10 ·
2022 Pilot SE AWD
Modern Steel Metallic (3 dealers told me that the color Modern Steel Metallic is not common in the SE package, common SE's are White, Black, or Blue)
No factory and dealer options selected
Price paid $42885 incl freight
Taxes/Fees/Title ends up being $46,662 OTD
48 months 0% interest
DIY options
All Weather Floor liner from Amazon $195
Planned DIY projects in the next month or so
Running Boards
LED bulbs for the interior
Front window tint

#11 · (Edited)
2022 Pilot Elite (AWD is standard on Elites and Black Editions this model year)
Steel Sapphire Metallic (which is an upcharge from Honda)
Gray Interior
Bought the all season floor mats from the dealer
MSRP including Delivery: $50,989
Taxes/titles/fees made it $53,451.83 OTD
60 months @ 1.84%

Purchased in Lawrence, KS. Only one I could find within 300 miles of where I live (KC) that had the combo of interior color/trim level my wife wanted. Thankfully they had in the exterior color I would have chosen if I had a choice. No room to deal on the price, but I did negotiate more on the trade.

#12 ·
Yep, I've been to several dealers before purchasing my car from the very same dealer we bought our 03 CRV, 2010 Pilot and now the 22 Pilot. And in my first 2 purchases with them, I was able to take off a few thousand from the sticker, but the 22 was the very first car I bought that I paid sticker due to "no or lack of inventory" from dealers. My car was literally being unloaded from the truck when I bought it; that the dealer didn't even have time to install those "dealer installed accessories" to boost the car price a bit more.

#14 ·
North Texas

$43,280 MSRP
Plus
TTL and fees
minus $1000 for Honda Loyalty Bonus

Honda Financed $45371.81 at 1.9%/60 months

2022 Pilot SE AWD
Sapphire Steel Metallic/Gray leather........sweet!:love:
Tint

Bought it while "in transit" to dealer, so tint was only dealer added option 😁

#15 · (Edited)
Good evening. Just joined. I owned a 2006 Pilot and now I've come back a few years later with a 2022.

How to report your price:

Trim level Special Edition Deep Scalet Pearl
AWD or FWD AWD
Factory options selected Not certain, it came as a package and I'm still learning. I think its and EX-L with some extras.

MSRP inc delivery No sure, unfortunately I was pressed to get a vehicle at the worst possible time, I put my head down and plowed ahead
Actual Price Paid before extras $44,200
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing) Mats came with it, along with an "oil change contract for 5 years/60,000 miles" both were included 0 cost.
Tax 2953
Title and other fees 380, 105
Total O.T.D. price of 47,640

Dealer name, city, state. Rossi Honda, Vineland NJ
Additionally, please share if you traded in a car or not.
sold my 2015 Durango Limited 75,000 miles excellent condition to Carmax for $19,500

Thank you

2022 Honda Pilot Pricing
[/QUOTE]

#16 · (Edited)
New to the forum, but not Honda. Also have a 2017 Odyssey.

Purchased 10/27/2022 Louisville, KY - Wyler Honda

~2022 Touring AWD 8 Passenger - Platinum White Pearl
~Dealer included OEM rubber mats and cargo liner at no additional cost, plus wheel locks and two free oil/rotations at no additional costs.
~48 months 0%

*MSRP $47,379 including destination
*Paid $46,379 due to $1000 Honda Loyalty Incentive
*$479 Processing
*Taxable Price $46,858
*Trade in $41,150 (2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk)
*Taxes at 6% were only $313.74 due to KY Tax Incentive on Trade
*License Fee $90
*Payoff on Jeep $40,895

****OTD $47,007.64

By no means a deal, but here we are in a goofy economy. We had to part ways with the Jeep as we needed another 3rd row with AWD vehicle, plus the Jeep was already starting to have its quirks with only 9,000 miles on it. Didn't lose money on the Jeep. Paid $43,700 on it 14 month ago brand new before taxes and fees with no money down. Pretty much broke even after monthly payments so no better time to dump the Jeep when used car trade in prices are very good.

#17 ·
New to the forum. Bought my 2022 SE from Larry Miller Honda in Murray, Utah on 10/20/2021. MSRP was $42,885. I paid $43,171.28 which included 3M door edge guards already - sloppily - installed and an IOU for window tinting. I've NEVER paid MSRP for a car before. Honestly, I'm not sure if I've ever paid within a couple thousand of MSRP. But given the times, I feel it was the best I could do. I took Honda financing @ 0%. It was time to trade in our 2014 Town and Country. I got $10,500 for our trade. It was "rough around the edges" for sure. Being able to quickly and easily unload our trade for a fair (more than fair?) price was what got me to move on the Pilot. I purchased $708 in dealer add-ons because I thought it would save me some time detailing, coating, etc. After a short visit to the service department to take advantage of these add-ons, I realized how useless and overpriced they were. This is the first and last time I'll ever fall for "appearance packages" and paint/interior warranties from the dealer. A full refund is in the works. Dealer doc fee was $299. OTD (minus pending refund and not adjusting for trade) is $46,218.72. Yeah, that's a lot for a Pilot IMHO. However, we needed a new car and we're loving the Pilot. It's all blacked out and looks amazing. MSRP, 0%, and a good trade in value is better than I was getting propositioned with at other dealers.

#18 · (Edited)
Apologies if this is frowned upon, but here is my deal, trying to decide if I should pull the trigger. Appreciate any input.

2022 Pilot Special Edition
FWD
Pearl White color (+395)
No other factory options

MSRP 41,280 (no budging off of MSRP, not really surprised based on what I've read)
Less Honda Loyalty (-$750)
Actual Price $40,530
Dealer Extras $1996 (paint & fabric seal, window tint, wheel locks, mud flaps, nitrogen tire fill, trunk tray. Overpriced, but it is what it is. Dealer has to keep the lights on with scarce inventory...)
Dealer offering $25,000 on my trade, Carvana offering $32,000. No brainer to sell to Carvana. Trade is a 2018 Pilot EX-L with 50K miles. Carvana offer is within $5000 of what I paid almost 4 years ago. Kinda hard to turn that down...

Basically $10,526 for a 4 year newer brand new Pilot.
Huggins Honda, Ft. Worth Texas

#24 ·
We have been looking at replacing our 16 with a newer model but I spoke to a friend at Honda the other day and he told me to wait until 2023...He said they are having a radio issues that they have gone as far as replacing the entire unit AND dash harness but still there.

#27 · (Edited)
12/21/2021
2022 AWD SE, 8 person
Platinum White Pearl
$42,055 MSRP
$43,280 with dealer add ons (Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks, All Season Floor Mats, Cross Bars)
$44,000 out the door with towing package ($1600)
We put $14,000 down, financed $30,000 @ 1.9% for 60 months
On top of Honda standard powertrain and bumper to bumper, the dealer we purchase through, threw in an extended 7 year bumper to bumper and has a dealer paid lifetime powertrain warranty (unlimited time and miles) on new purchases (I can even do my own oil as long as I keep the receipts and log dates/intervals).

This is honestly my first NEW Honda but my 6th Honda all time ('97 Civic LX sedan, '00 Civic Si, 2003 S2000, 2003 RSX Type-S, 2012 Civic Si sedan) and I feel like I walked away with a deal and less than a $600 payment (including my full coverage insurance).

I'm happy...do they make Mugen parts? Asking for a friend...

#28 · (Edited)
12/29/21
2022 EX-L, 8 Seats, FWD
Modern Steel Metallic/Gray Leather
No Additional Options

$40,285 MSRP/Price Paid (no discount, but I figured 0% interest was enough of a discount over time)
$895 Dealer BS (paint and fabric protection, nitrogen tires, didn't want it but they wouldn't budge on it, and other places were charging $1300-$1700 for their add-ons)
$2,066 Tax, Title, other Fees (in Texas, my trade-in lowered my tax by about $1500 according to the dealer)
$43,246 Total

-$26,250 Trade-In (2016 EX-L with 40,000 miles)
-$750 Honda Loyalty Incentive (lumped in as part of my trade-in value by dealer, making trade-in $27,000 total)

$16,246 is what I ended up financing at 0% interest for 36 months.

Waco, Texas

#29 · (Edited)
All the dealers I talk to saying that they have car shortage and hence this elevated prices. However, I just pulled the latest sales data of Pilot sales since 2005 for each year and Honda actually built and sold more Pilots in 2021 than 2019, 2020. You can look at the data below.

Most dealerships in and around Dallas Fort-worth metro are asking "Market Adjustment" because of the shortage of cars but their sales data doesn't tell the same story.

Is this just created crisis and Manufacturers and/or dealerships are just taking advantage of Pandemic ?

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Electric blue

#31 ·
Nothing much for me to add here...just another guy who paid sticker for a new Pilot (but no market adjustment!). We bought a 2020 Subaru Ascent and it wasn't quite what we thought it would be, so we moved back into the Honda family with a Pilot.

2022 Pilot Elite
AWD
No additional options or accessories

MSRP inc delivery: $50,740
Actual Price Paid before extras: $50,740
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing): none
Tax: $2,126.42 (VA sales tax)
Title and other fees: $499 doc fee; $15 title fee; $20 tag fee; $5 tire fee (a MD surcharge I think)
Total: $53,405.42

Hagerstown Honda; Hagerstown, MD (we live in VA, but this was the only white Elite with beige interior we could find within several hundred miles)

I went into the transaction in Hagerstown with an email offer from Carmax for $42,400 on our Subaru. The highest Hagerstown Honda would come on the trade was $40,000, so we drove both cars home and we sold the Subaru to Carmax the next day.

#34 ·
Just purchased our 2022 Pilot Touring AWD 7 passenger here in Northeast Tennessee for $50290 which included required dealer mark up and required add on package with all weather mats all three rows, full cargo mats, six oil changes, 3 year dent repair, small paintless type, up to 2 key replacements a year for 3 years any reason. First time in 50 years of new car buying I ever paid over MSRP for a car but the market is what it is. Vehicle was just coming out of production the day we agreed to deal and took delivery the following week.

#35 ·
2022 AWD Pilot SE
Sonic Gray Pearl (upgrade color), black interior.
MSRP: 43,280 MSRP
Price: 44,280
Tax Title Fees: $4,016
Total OTD: $48296

Atlantic Honda, Bay Shore, NY (Long Island)
No trade.

Fun Story: Only 8 Pilots listed in inventory at dealers anywhere near me on Long Island.
Walked into another dealer before this one - they only had a single EX-L in stock.
Guy told me they do not expect any new ones in until March or April.
They were asking $6,000 OVER MSRP for that EX-L.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive mirror

#36 ·
Just traded in my 2021 Special Edition with 7K on it for a 2022 Trailsport

They gave $41k for my SE and I paid MSRP $44,785

I paid $4,000 even out the door.

Ironically enough I was there for a CEL that came on while I was driving on the highway... multiple misfiring and cylinders 4,5,6 were off...( I guess this CEL is a common problem over on the Ridgeline forum. Happens in cold temperatures on long hour plus drives) not cool trust me

Anyhow I was there filling out loaner information and saw a Trailsport sitting on the lot. I asked the sales manager if it was sold he said no... I felt like the moons aligned and I bought it

#37 ·
We bought a 2022 EX-L AWD ten days ago in the Atlanta area. It was sold new four months ago, and had 8000 miles on it. We bought it from a dealership (not Honda), and they had it listed for $48,500. We paid $41,450 for the Pilot and OTD was $44,731. No trade-in.

#39 ·
Apologies if this is offsides, but looking for guidance. Put a deposit on an 'in transit' vehicle, struggling to pull the trigger. I suspect like many of you, the idea of paying close to MSRP is breaking my brain. Details of the deal are below.

Trim level: Elite AWD Pearl White
Factory options selected: None

MSRP inc delivery: $51,590
Actual Price Paid before extras $48,990 (Includes 1k Honda loyalty)
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing): None
Tax: $829 (differential after trade-in)
Title and other fees: $539
Total: $50,358

Only reason I'm considering it is dealer offered $38,500 as a trade for my 2019 Odyssey Elite (19K miles) - 90% of what I paid 3 years ago. Carmax was higher, but tax differential savings closed the gap.

Would you take the deal?

#40 ·
Only reason I'm considering it is dealer offered $38,500 as a trade for my 2019 Odyssey Elite (19K miles) - 90% of what I paid 3 years ago. Carmax was higher, but tax differential savings closed the gap.

Would you take the deal?
The numbers look fine -- in my opinion, the question you need to answer is: do you want to trade from a van to an SUV? Your comment above makes it sound like you hadn't really considered trading your van until you discovered what it was worth. Is this an impulse purchase or a move you've been looking to make for a while? In my opinion, nothing beats the space and comfort of a van (even a Pilot!) and the Odyssey of course has a very similar drivetrain to the 2022 Pilot you're considering (just FWD vs. AWD). On the other hand, if you're looking for AWD, then that's a certain upgrade over the Odyssey.

We recently bought the same Pilot you're considering (ours has the beige interior) and we did end up selling our car to Carmax. As you noted regarding tax, the price differential wasn't as great as it first appeared on the surface due to the sales taxes paid at the dealer, but our Honda dealer really low-balled our trade and wouldn't come up much, so we still came out money ahead at Carmax. Carmax bought our 2020 Subaru Ascent for more than we paid for it in March of 2020 -- the car market is pretty crazy right now. We paid exactly MSRP for our Pilot.

#42 ·
2022 Honda Pilot Sport
AWD
Factory options selected: AWD

MSRP inc delivery: $40,805
Actual Price Paid before extras: $39,805
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing): $5,535.81
  • ATF coolor
  • exended lifetime limited warranty
  • protection package - door dings, minor dents, windshield chips/cracks, roadside assistance, lost/damaged key replacement
  • rust protection, undercoat, ceramic coating
Tax: Dunno yet, prolly around $3K
Title and other fees $199
Total: $34,039.81 after trade in (2014 CR-V w/122K miles)

I have never, ever, in all my 62 years purchased extended warranties, rust proofing, etc. but you know what they say, happy wife, happy life.

Reactions: Sweetness2022
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.