False advertising

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pilot Touring FWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I would like your opinions. I have a 2018 Honda Accord that blows crisp cold air. The internal AC Vent temperature reads at 44 degrees (3 inches in thermometer on the middle vent). I just bought a new Honda Pilot Touring and its AC output is pathetic. Its internal AC vent temperature doesn't go below 58 degrees making the actual output temperature around 68 degrees. I've taken the car back twice to see if they could fix it but they said there is nothing they can do that is the way the car was designed. They keep telling me because Texas is hot and humid is the problem it doesn't blow cold. I would believe that crap except I have my Accord that blows colder air. You can't tell me that story when one blows internally at 44 degrees and the other is 58 degrees. If they want to put out a disclaimer that your A/C will only blow cold air if your ambient air temperature and humidity values are within a certain parameters would be one thing, but then who would buy the car. To me this is false advertising or maybe fall under the Lemon Law, what are your thoughts.

·
Registered
2022 Pilot Touring FWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Comparing 2 models to each other isn't an apples to apples comparison due to different designs. With that said your pilot a/c sounds weak. There are pressure and temp charts in the service information to tell if the a/c is performing to design specs. If they take ambient temp, humidity, vent temp, and high/low pressures, they can show you on the charts.This will determine if it's operating in or out of specs.
I understand what you are saying. However as a consumer when you buy a car no matter which model, and the vehicle displays that my A/C or heater works at a certain temperature my assumption is, that the output temperature will be at that displayed temperature. Consumers shouldn't have to worry about will this vehicle work within the design parameters only if you live in a certain climates. There are complaints in Canada that some Honda vehicles will only blow heat up to 60 degrees when its -30 degrees outside. Their expectation is that vehicles output temperature should blow heat at 75 degrees if they wanted it to.

·
Registered
2022 Pilot Touring FWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How are you measuring 44 and 58 internal vs vent temp? Are both veh auto hvac, and both being compared in auto at the same temp? Are the windshields in either veh tinted?
We put a thermostat meter in to the center vent down 3 inches. This is how we measured both vehicles. I'm not sure about the windshield. In the shade we received the same results. Honda's techs received the same results with the thermostat gauge they use.

Again to me it shouldn't make a difference on design if the display shows a temperature as a consumer my vehicle should be able to produce those results. That is like selling me a car that says it will goes 100 miles per hour but really only goes 65. If car maker wants to say well that is the design and toss in a disclaimer showing all the parameters that is one thing. Then I as a consumer can make a more sound decision if I want to buy that car, because the climate I live in will produce poor results in that particular vehicle.

As it is I just found out that it does not Tow 5000lbs because its FWD. It only pulls 3500lbs. But do you think that make that disclaimer anywhere clear to consumers. Nope you have to do a lot of digging to find that out. You have to purchase the AWD in order for it to pull 5000lbs. Thankfully, I don't need to pull that much weight, but I do need the 3500lbs.

·
Registered
2022 Pilot Touring FWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If your wanting the air coming out of the vents to be that exact temp, your going to be disappointed. Auto hvac will vary the temp based on what it thinks it needs to keep the cabin at that temp. Factors including, outside temp, cabin temp, cabin humidity, sunload, and veh mph all effect the vent temp.
Disappointed is an understatement. If I wanted the cars opinion I would have asked for it. At this point is where the smart cars are doing consumers no favors. Maybe they should change the dashboard so consumers have no temperature options, instead put in a Magic Eight ball button that constantly says "sorry not today", or Try again tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts