Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Rarely ever post here, but stumble around to see activity from time to time after purchasing my vehicle.

I've been curious when the current generation will be retired and what direction the new one will go. With the pretty quick unveiling of the MDX prototype to then production-ready MDX which seemed like a grand total of a month; we all know a new generation is coming just don't know exactly when. We know it will be some time this year as almost every other competitive product has been updated since this vehicle launched in 2015.

After looking through pics of the next CR-V yesterday, I had a "news for you" update in Google News.... with the next generation Honda Pilot.

So take a look ... Autoblog link

Should know more in the coming months.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I saw this before lunch... pretty heavily clad, hard to tell much from it. Hopefully we get a better picture soon.

Reactions: Gamlet

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
The test model appears to have Bridgestone tires and dual exhaust. Not much else I can tell yet. :D
LED headlights? Possibly door handles under the huge velcro flaps...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dang, it will have a nose similar to Ridgeline. It might take me some getting used to. I hope there will be some effort to make it a bit more offroad worthy. I like what Subaru is doing with Outback: a separate trim that get a standard factory lift.

The spy shots look like the rear porting is more sloped, so inside space will be impacted. I kind of like the current boxiness of the Pilot.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Rarely ever post here, but stumble around to see activity from time to time after purchasing my vehicle.

I've been curious when the current generation will be retired and what direction the new one will go. With the pretty quick unveiling of the MDX prototype to then production-ready MDX which seemed like a grand total of a month; we all know a new generation is coming just don't know exactly when. We know it will be some time this year as almost every other competitive product has been updated since this vehicle launched in 2015.

After looking through pics of the next CR-V yesterday, I had a "news for you" update in Google News.... with the next generation Honda Pilot.

So take a look ... Autoblog link

Should know more in the coming months.
Thanks for posting. Looks like a Pilot got loose in a herd of 4Runners and got pregnant.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Looks like the boxy Pilot isn't coming back 😔 . Seems like Honda is trying to make it look more sporty, at the expense of interior space. I like how it is right now where the MDX is the more sporty option, and the Pilot is the more spacious option. I wonder why they want the Pilot to look sporty now with the slanted rear. I hope they have a rugged look like the Ridgeline does because that actually looks pretty nice imo. It also looks like Honda is continuing the design trend they they have on the gen 3 where the chrome grille piece goes into the headlight.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot SE
44 Posts
Looks like the boxy Pilot isn't coming back 😔 . Seems like Honda is trying to make it look more sporty, at the expense of interior space. I like how it is right now where the MDX is the more sporty option, and the Pilot is the more spacious option. I wonder why they want the Pilot to look sporty now with the slanted rear. I hope they have a rugged look like the Ridgeline does because that actually looks pretty nice imo. It also looks like Honda is continuing the design trend they they have on the gen 3 where the chrome grille piece goes into the headlight.

Agree, unfortunately it looks like it shares the look of decade old edge from 2010 lol

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
I saw this before lunch... pretty heavily clad, hard to tell much from it. Hopefully we get a better picture soon.
I'm (very mildly) aroused.

·
Registered
10,323 Posts
2022 or 2023? Someone posted similar spy shots recently, but titled them 2022.

Either way, we may get a glimpse, but I want to see more. :)

·
Registered
2010 Pilot EX.
12 Posts
I guess I’m just to old to get how a larger plastic grill, L.E.D, headlights, “a more dynamic greenhouse” what ever that means and a “rakish rear window” makes a car more “rugged” looking. Oh well I’m not who they are aiming for customer wise anyway.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Too little shown to really gain much useful information. I am not a fan of these super-early spy photos for that reason.

Reactions: 05XPeyelutt

·
Registered
10,323 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
So, 1st gen was 2003-4-5 with updated design/same body for 6-7-8 (3 and 3 years)
Then 2nd gen form factor was 9-10-11 followed by a bit updated 12-13-14-15. (3 and 4 years)
Now 3rd gen had had 16-17-18 with slight redesign but same form for 19-20-21, and apparently 22 as well (3 and 4 years)
So maybe a body update is in the cards for 2023. Will just wait and see. Going by those photos, the front is getting more aggressive, but the rear is going to be the same rounded slicked over that I hate about 3rd gen. And about 99% certain no rear glass hatch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wonder if it will look like an elongated Avancier? The avancier looks super nice, and upscale compared to our current US line up, I wonder any of features, design or style will be a hint as to what's in store for us

1 - 20 of 61 Posts