Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX 2WD
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested to see what this one will look like ultimately when it makes its debut. Will this eclipse the all gas platform?

What say you!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I think it would be a great supplemental option to the gas only Pilot. I'd be interested to see the take rate for each hybrid 3 row crossover offering.

I think in no way will they go hybrid only like the Sienna platform has done, I think the 3 row crossover market has a different customer and certain things are proving to not be too popular (like turbo 4s and CVTs). The extra $10k you spend over a comparably trimmed CR-V or other vehicle in that class means the buyer demands certain things, like a refined V6, a conventional automatic, etc.

Reactions: slvrpilot

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX 2WD
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it would be a great supplemental option to the gas only Pilot. I'd be interested to see the take rate for each hybrid 3 row crossover offering.

I think in no way will they go hybrid only like the Sienna platform has done, I think the 3 row crossover market has a different customer and certain things are proving to not be too popular (like turbo 4s and CVTs). The extra $10k you spend over a comparably trimmed CR-V or other vehicle in that class means the buyer demands certain things, like a refined V6, a conventional automatic, etc.
As wondering the prospect of hybrid use in all wheel / 4 wheel drive scenarios

·
Registered
767 Posts
We’d be very interested in a plug in hybrid. My wife hates pumping gas and a plug in wou get the kids to school and back without using a drop of gas, but still be a decent traveling car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
presuming honda doesnt flatten the pilot anymore (like highlander), i would consider one. i dont care about a 3rd row but i need the cargo space with everything folded.
overall though, honda has been late to the hybrid party every step of the way, but not as bad as subaru

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
As wondering the prospect of hybrid use in all wheel / 4 wheel drive scenarios
I assume if they offer a hybrid it will be available in AWD, it would be a huge mistake not to. The question is does the rear axle still have a connection to the front of the vehicle or do they go with the Toyota style electric motor on the rear axle. That setup is nowhere near as capable as the VTM system.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
I assume if they offer a hybrid it will be available in AWD, it would be a huge mistake not to. The question is does the rear axle still have a connection to the front of the vehicle or do they go with the Toyota style electric motor on the rear axle. That setup is nowhere near as capable as the VTM system.
If Honda follows what they've done with the CR-V Hybrid model, then the hybrid Pilot would use the same AWD set up as in the non-hybrid version.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Following...

if my 2006 dies before me or before a hydrogen Pilot hits the market.

...and they better not make it minivanny like the 3rd gen or I'm outta here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts