Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Keep in mind it is the least year of the body style more than likely. I would wait another week when they need to hit the inventory at the end of the month. I took my deal from a few weeks ago and it was e mailed to me, I shopped it around to other dealers online, they told me they couldn't come close. 4 dealers said they can't match it and one said...make sure they are not giving you a 2020 Elite, at that point I knew it was a good deal!!

Can you wait until Black Friday or New Year's Eve? I can imagine the deals will be even better then!!! Good luck! I absolutely enjoy driving my Pilot Elite!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Working with a dealer now on a Pilot Elite, 45K out the door TTL. Still shopping around, not in a hurry. What do you think?
Sounds like a pretty good deal depending on where you are.
I was able to get quotes in writing by 1. Building a car on the Honda website. 2. Requesting a quote (but did not provide a phone number). 3. When they contacted me by email (don't use your main email), I told them I only want to communicate by email. 4. I sent this request to 5 dealerships in my area. One of them replied with a quote and then the process started with the others. There were a couple that never gave me a quote.
Also, when buying, if you use the dealer financing (regardless if you want to pay cash or not), you can get a better deal (If they make $800 on the interest, they have some room to negotiate the price lower). Just make sure you can pay off the loan early without a penalty. They gave me 0.9% financing. I however went in ready to use my credit union.
All in all, buying a car these days is so different because the price of the car is so transparent (so the dealers have to rely on "extras" and maintenance to make their money).
The process was quite nice. Let me know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Keep in mind it is the least year of the body style more than likely. I would wait another week when they need to hit the inventory at the end of the month. I took my deal from a few weeks ago and it was e mailed to me, I shopped it around to other dealers online, they told me they couldn't come close. 4 dealers said they can't match it and one said...make sure they are not giving you a 2020 Elite, at that point I knew it was a good deal!!

Can you wait until Black Friday or New Year's Eve? I can imagine the deals will be even better then!!! Good luck! I absolutely enjoy driving my Pilot Elite!!!!
Yeah if they are giving you 2020 Elite pricing for a 21, that's a great deal! I had a quote that was I think 41K OTD but then realized it was a 2020. I am not in a hurry so I can wait to see what happens in a few weeks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal depending on where you are.
I was able to get quotes in writing by 1. Building a car on the Honda website. 2. Requesting a quote (but did not provide a phone number). 3. When they contacted me by email (don't use your main email), I told them I only want to communicate by email. 4. I sent this request to 5 dealerships in my area. One of them replied with a quote and then the process started with the others. There were a couple that never gave me a quote.
Also, when buying, if you use the dealer financing (regardless if you want to pay cash or not), you can get a better deal (If they make $800 on the interest, they have some room to negotiate the price lower). Just make sure you can pay off the loan early without a penalty. They gave me 0.9% financing. I however went in ready to use my credit union.
All in all, buying a car these days is so different because the price of the car is so transparent (so the dealers have to rely on "extras" and maintenance to make their money).
The process was quite nice. Let me know if you have any questions!
Great process, I have been doing the same thing except I occasionally use a google voice number to talk to the dealer. I too have a few dealers that never gave me a quote, I just keep reaching out round robin to as many as I can!

·
Registered
13 Posts
2021 Touring FWD White
7 Passenger seating

MSRP $44,735
Actual Price before TTL $38,500
Tax: $1,597
Processing Fee: $899
DMV fees: $380
Total: $41,376

Pohanka Honda Fredericksburg, VA

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I am looking to buy a 2021 AWD EXL Pilot and the dealer is quoting me an out the door price after all taxes and fees in the amount of $39,775.92....is this a good deal?

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I am looking to buy a 2021 AWD EXL Pilot and the dealer is quoting me an out the door price after all taxes and fees in the amount of $39,775.92....is this a good deal?
Not sure - you have to break down MSRP and their sell price without taxes and delivery since those are set

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with ArcticPilot. Keep looking. I’m hoping there would be some awesome deals/offers toward the end of 2020. I’m aiming for 2021 SE AWD at $37000 out-the-door price.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree with ArcticPilot. Keep looking. I’m hoping there would be some awesome deals/offers toward the end of 2020. I’m aiming for 2021 SE AWD at $37000 out-the-door price.
I will be getting the 2021 EX-L AWD for $35,000 (with an Accord trade in)...this is a good enough deal for me!

·
Registered
16 Posts
What are the chances Honda keeping 0.9% 2021 Pilot financing in place during the holidays.
How did they do it last year, was similar financing available during the holidays, months of Nov, Dec?

·
Registered
13 Posts
On Halloween I bought a 2021 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD:

MSRP: $41,480.
Actual Price Paid: $35,013.17 (with trade-in of Honda Accord for $3,500)
Dealer: Honda of Concord in Concord, NC

·
Registered
4 Posts
1st time post as we are new to the Honda family. Cheers to all!

2021 Honda Pilot Special Edition FWD - Bought on 10/31/20

MSRP incl. delivery: $40,080
Actual Price Paid before extras: $32,909.74
Tax: $2,089.35
Title and other fees: $1,163.85

Total: OTD Price: $36,162.94

Winter Haven Honda - Winter Haven, Florida
No Trade.

We had an OTD price of $35,897.60 on the Honda EX-L of our choice with no added options, but decided to opt for the 20" wheels, foot activated rear trunk, wireless charging and roof rails on the SE.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would think that is an OUTSTANDING DEAL! In my area (Philadelphia suburbs) Truecar has it as the best deal at 43,900. I got mine at 43,200 before tax and tag 1.5 months ago and no other dealer could come close. I got KBB for my trade in and 1.9 financing (floormats and cargo tray).

21 - 40 of 53 Posts