Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
261 - 280 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Paid $36,000 OTD for my new 2021 SE using a broker in FL. Smoothest car purchase I’ve ever dealt with. In and out in 30 mins and absolutely no negotiation. Went straight to the finance manager to sign paperwork.
Please share the details of the broker, I m in tn , that will be a big help, looking for se awd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Special Edition
AWD

MSRP 42,435
Paid 39,983
Dealer extras 1,944 (Cargo Tray, Wheel locks, Mud Guards, GlassCoat)
Tax 1891
T&L 194
Service Fee 399
Total 44,411

RussDarrowHonda, Milwaukee, WI
Traded 2007 Honda CRV EXL with 138k miles $5,000 ($0 owed on trade)
$7k down payment and 0% Financing for 48 months

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am In the final Negotiations with my dealer. We totaled our previous car and am getting a Pilot Elite.
MSRP: 50290
Sale Price: 43859 (12.8% off)
Doc Fee: 609
Dealer Add On: 395 (Wheel locks [expensive!])
Trade: None
Sales Tax(7%): 3159
Registration Fees: 275
Total OTD: 48300
Taking Delivery this Saturday!
Has anybody gotten better in this market? It hurts to not be able to have the time to properly negotiate, or wait for the 2022s

Edited to show final Deal

·
Registered
2 Posts
2021 Honda Pilot Special Edition AWD Crystal Black Pearl
MSRP: $42,435
Invoice: $38,983.29
Costco Sale Price: $38,733.29
Wheel Locks: $84.15
Document fee: $220
Sales Tax (5%): $1,951.87
DMV fees (new plates/finance): $279
Total out the door: $41,268.31

We also took advantage of the Honda financing incentive of 0.9% interest for 60 months.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! May I ask the dealer’s information? It sounds a nice deal especially this year.

many thanks!

I am In the final Negotiations with my dealer. We totaled our previous car and am getting a Pilot Elite.
MSRP: 50290
Sale Price: 43859 (12.8% off)
Doc Fee: 609
Dealer Add On: 395 (Wheel locks [expensive!])
Trade: None
Sales Tax(7%): 3159
Registration Fees: 275
Total OTD: 48300
Taking Delivery this Saturday!
Has anybody gotten better in this market? It hurts to not be able to have the time to properly negotiate, or wait for the 2022s

Edited to show final Deal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi! May I ask the dealer’s information? It sounds a nice deal especially this year.

many thanks!
I am getting mine (picking it up on Saturday)from economy Honda in Chattanooga, TN. Their prices on autotrader are already the best around and I was able to negotiate a little further. I tried some other dealerships to price match and they all said they were staying At MSRP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2021 Pilot Special Edition AWD (Sapphire Steel Metallic)

MSRP w/ destination: $42,830
Total selling price w/ destination: $37,743
Doc fee: $75.00
Tire disposal fee: $12.50
Inspection: $10.00
Sales tax (8.625%): $3,255.33

Total OTD price: $41,095.83 + plates

I purchased in Long Island, NY. Just curious, anyone else in here from the NY area who purchased a 2021 Special Edition and can let me know whether they got a similar or better OTD price?

Thanks all,
Ryan
Curious which dealer on Long Island did you purchase from? I'm going to dealers this weekend...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you very much for sharing the info!

I contacted the dealer today but unfortunately I was not able to get the deal. I asked the price first and he said 458xx. Then I mentioned your price and also said I am not in the area but I am willing to pay for shipping. The manager then became rude and said MSRP only. I asked why and he said because you are local to them and I am not, so they won’t make any money from me in the future such as service and maintenance, so MSRP only. I have to say he is straight forward but I have never seen doing business like this…

anyways, thank you and good luck with your new car!

I am getting mine (picking it up on Saturday)from economy Honda in Chattanooga, TN. Their prices on autotrader are already the best around and I was able to negotiate a little further. I tried some other dealerships to price match and they all said they were staying At MSRP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Paid $36,000 OTD for my new 2021 SE using a broker in FL. Smoothest car purchase I’ve ever dealt with. In and out in 30 mins and absolutely no negotiation. Went straight to the finance manager to sign paperwork.
Hi! Was this deal for a FWD or AWD? TIA!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I contacted the dealer today but unfortunately I was not able to get the deal. I asked the price first and he said 458xx. Then I mentioned your price and also said I am not in the area but I am willing to pay for shipping. The manager then became rude and said MSRP only. I asked why and he said because you are local to them and I am not, so they won’t make any money from me in the future such as service and maintenance, so MSRP only. I have to say he is straight forward but I have never seen doing business like this…
It sounds like the manager could've handled this a little better, but I understand the reasoning. They sold locally for a deal with the promise of making money on service, which is really their primary profit center anyway. There was zero incentive for him to give you the vehicle for that price, deal with the headache of shipping it, and make no money down the road on service.

Tbh, I'm a little surprised they're selling to ANYONE for less than MSRP, local or not. Supply and demand should be keeping the prices as shown on the sticker until production catches up, which may be January 2022 or later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It sounds like the manager could've handled this a little better, but I understand the reasoning. They sold locally for a deal with the promise of making money on service, which is really their primary profit center anyway. There was zero incentive for him to give you the vehicle for that price, deal with the headache of shipping it, and make no money down the road on service.

Tbh, I'm a little surprised they're selling to ANYONE for less than MSRP, local or not. Supply and demand should be keeping the prices as shown on the sticker until production catches up, which may be January 2022 or later.
I actually took delivery of my vehicle on Saturday and Economy Honda was nothing but nice to me, I have no complaints from that dealership. They even took care of my rental car for me. What I didnt mention in my post is that the manager didnt know that I was not "local" when I was in negotiations. I do live in east TN but am 100 miles away from the dealership. We did negotiations completely over the phone/text and the process was super easy. I think they just needed to get rid of the car I was looking at and it was the end of the month which always helps. Even without my extra discount the internet quoted price was well below any dealer around me so I was going to buy the car there anyway.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I actually took delivery of my vehicle on Saturday and Economy Honda was nothing but nice to me, I have no complaints from that dealership. They even took care of my rental car for me. What I didnt mention in my post is that the manager didnt know that I was not "local" when I was in negotiations. I do live in east TN but am 100 miles away from the dealership. We did negotiations completely over the phone/text and the process was super easy. I think they just needed to get rid of the car I was looking at and it was the end of the month which always helps. Even without my extra discount the internet quoted price was well below any dealer around me so I was going to buy the car there anyway.
I bet if you had mentioned the phrases "out of state" or "shipping" the conversation would've been more similar to Johnny31's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you mail the pricing details I am in for one too in TN.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

2021 pilot Touring 7p
Msrp 55,005
-$2500 dealer discount
-$500 first responder discount
No dealer doc fees
Total $52,005
Plus Ontario tax and licensing fee

I must have called 15 dealers and gone to 3 they all said cars are low and chip shortage, we can only do msrp. This dealer was willingly to negotiate. I was set on the kia telluride but could not wait 2-3 months to order one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, I found a few with a search, but none in Florida. If you want it and are willing to ship it, there's one in Cincinnati (7 passenger Touring). I found an Elite in that color, also in Ohio, and one in South Carolina. They're out there, but you're probably going to have to go through a bit of inconvenience if you absolutely need that color.
I’ll drive it down to you 😎.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2021 Honda Pilot Special Edition AWD Pearl White
MSRP: $42,880
discount:2260.00
Document fee: $90
Sales Tax (9.75%) TN: $3757.32
DMV fees (new plates/finance): $299
Extended bumper coverage to 7 years for 1400.00
Total out the door: $44 650 around.

took the 1.9 % fiance for 72 months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone in MN? minnesota dealers msrp for 2021 and 1k mark up for 2022. They won't negotiate. If you know any dealer in MN who's welling to negotiate please PM me or reply to comment.

·
Registered
174 Posts
my local dealer has a handful of '21 (and two '20s) pilots & passports for 2-3k off. I'm always watching them, but I'm holding off till someone puts out a nice roomy PHEV.
not worth trading in my '12 for a 2-3mpg bump only to have my annual registration jump from $150 to $900 for a new one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my local dealer has a handful of '21 (and two '20s) pilots & passports for 2-3k off. I'm always watching them, but I'm holding off till someone puts out a nice roomy PHEV.
not worth trading in my '12 for a 2-3mpg bump only to have my annual registration jump from $150 to $900 for a new one.

View attachment 152323

It seems like states that doesn't have snow seem to have discounts on pilots. I have a 2016 pilot exl, but hoping maybe get a good trade in value and get a new one with a discount.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a 2022 Touring 7 Pax AWD in Platinum White today for $49k OTD (not incl. plates), South MI. Absolute worst car buying experience I've ever had, but totaled our main car several months back and couldn't handle waiting any longer due to space constraints and the hassle of only splitting one vehicle amongst our family. Was in touch with 5 dealers over this week. Little discount over MSRP but dealerships were mostly sold out or low on stock and wouldn't budge on pricing. Ended up going with a dealer who was pretty patient as I explored different trims before settling on the Touring ultimately due to the 7 Pax option. Oh well, will be financing it anyway. One dealer was rude when I asked about pricing for multiple options after sending over one quote (and then never replied to my email back...), and another one repeatedly asked when I'd be stopping in to put down a deposit after I asked about the car starting from his second email. What a time to be alive.

261 - 280 of 287 Posts