Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
241 - 260 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
2003 EX-L (347,000), 2021 AWD Touring 8.
219 Posts
2021 Pilot Special Edition AWD (Sapphire Steel Metallic)
MSRP w/ destination: $42,830
Total selling price w/ destination: $37,743
Doc fee: $75.00
Tire disposal fee: $12.50
Inspection: $10.00
Sales tax (8.625%): $3,255.33
Total OTD price: $41,095.83 + plates
You forgot the registration at $228.50 (new plates). Which dealer? I got a Touring 8 passenger with the full towing package. None of the dealers on the Island would meet my price (e.g., Millenium in Hempstead, Atlantic in Bay Shore, Huntington, Babylon, Valley Stream, North Shore in Glen Head or Nardi in Smithtown. Paragon in Queens did without too much fuss.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any recent 2021 SE purchases in the Central Florida area? I see a great deal from Winter Haven Honda from back in October. Also, I am willing to go with my less favorite color (the silver one) if a deal can be had on it. It seems the ones in my area have a ton of those, do you think they would be more willing to negotiate when they have a dozen of them on the lot? None of the colors are hideous, I just find silver and white kind of boring. ;) I am headed to one of the closer dealerships today to poke around on the lot and look at colors, possibly test drive.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In Northern California, for 2021 EX AWD price quoted so far before tax/fees and no dealer add-ons ranged from $34,500 - $38,000. Dealerships with low inventory (1 or 3 in stock of your preferred trim) will sell at MSRP because they can and know there is a shortage. Dealerships with more inventory (5-10 in stock of your preferred trim) will tend to stick with their internet pricing. My experience so far when shopping around since May 2021.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, we are Sam's Club members and I went to their car buying service run by Trucar since it is free just to see what happens and I got a quote from a local dealership (good dealership, I always get my Hondas serviced there and have purchased used before) for $36,363 for an SE before taxes and fees. Seems pretty reasonable, do you think it would do any good to come in lower and just not mention the Trucar deal? Anyone ever use this service, do they get kickbacks? I didn't pay anything for the service.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So, we are Sam's Club members and I went to their car buying service run by Trucar since it is free just to see what happens and I got a quote from a local dealership (good dealership, I always get my Hondas serviced there and have purchased used before) for $36,363 for an SE before taxes and fees. Seems pretty reasonable, do you think it would do any good to come in lower and just not mention the Trucar deal? Anyone ever use this service, do they get kickbacks? I didn't pay anything for the service.
If front wheel, it's not bad considering the current market. If I can get out the door price which includes tax/fees to be at or near the MSRP value then that is a good deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2021 Pilot Special Edition AWD (Lunar Silver Metallic)

MSRP: $42,435
Actual Sale Price: $36,976
Document Fee: $189
Non Tax fees: $279
Tax (after trade in): $1,467

Total: $38,911 O.D.

Was approved for 0% APR. Vehicle had no additional dealer add-ons.

Houston, TX on April 30, 2021
Can you please let me know the dealer you got the vehicle from?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiyas! Just got my spiffy new Black/Black SE AWD! Not much in the way of dealer-added goodies; protection package, security package, and finishing package.

MSRP including destination $42,435.
Cash price $36,934
Tax: $3,400 (yay California...)
Total: $44,930 (includes service contract and other CA fees. Not all CA fees apply to me due to active duty status)

Purchased from the fine folks at Diamond Valley Honda in Hemet, CA. FWIW, I visited another dealer in San Diego who, for the same vehicle, was not budging from their dealer markup of $8,500 over MSRP (plus tax/title/donuts) because "chip shortage." No trade, just the proceeds of the sale of my previous car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. New here as I'm in the market for a Pilot. Trying to circle in on a trim. My local dealer said Honda (Tampa area) isn't coming off MSRP at all. Are you all hearing the same thing? I understood due to the shortage, but didn't know if that was really the case nationwide.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi all. New here as I'm in the market for a Pilot. Trying to circle in on a trim. My local dealer said Honda (Tampa area) isn't coming off MSRP at all. Are you all hearing the same thing? I understood due to the shortage, but didn't know if that was really the case nationwide.
The local dealer decides discounts, not Honda. That said, many dealers are capitalizing on current circumstances by pricing everything at MSRP or even adding additional mark-ups. I'm still seeing discounts on Honda in many places, so it may be worth your while to shop out of state or in a more rural area of Florida to see if you can get a better deal. If you're able to wait until fall to purchase, you'll probably see much better deals out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Makes a lot of sense.
To add to my story, I am looking for a Sapphire Blue Touring (7-pax) which apparently is scarce.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Makes a lot of sense.
To add to my story, I am looking for a Sapphire Blue Touring (7-pax) which apparently is scarce.
Yeah, I found a few with a search, but none in Florida. If you want it and are willing to ship it, there's one in Cincinnati (7 passenger Touring). I found an Elite in that color, also in Ohio, and one in South Carolina. They're out there, but you're probably going to have to go through a bit of inconvenience if you absolutely need that color.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2021 Special Edition FWD (gray)

MSRP: $40,435

Selling price: $36,373
Dealer adds: $1,795 (ouch, I know - most Honda dealers around here tack on $3k in adds)
Total selling price: $38,168

Trade-in allowance: $36,500

Taxable sales price of Pilot: $1,668
TX sales tax (6.25%): $104.25
Doc fee: $157.25
License fee: $148.25
Title fee: $33
State inspection: $7
Other fees: $99.67
Trade payoff: $25,728.84

Total OTD: $27,946.26

Lute Riley Honda in Richardson, TX

Definitely not the best deal I’ve gotten, however the other Honda dealers in the area I checked with wouldn’t go below $36,000 selling price and tacked on $3,000 in adds. Plus, the wife and I had played musical cars (between the two of us we had 6 different cars in 2 weeks) and was quite tired of being at dealerships at that point and was willing to accept just an ok deal to get it over with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honda Pilot 2021 EX-L AWD. Nothing extra. TN/ Georgia

We used the costco car buying program. Quote at 37k wth $900 doc fees. It came with lifetime power train warranty from the dealership. Unfortunately they are the same that hung up on me and never called me back. The center screen went black after two days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Purchased a 2021 Black Edition:

Purchase Price: $48025 (including $529 pro pack)
Dealer Fees: $115
Taxes + 4 year registration: $859 (We recently moved to Oregon where the sales tax is 0.5%)

Total OTD: 48,999

When I started looking in Jan-Feb timeframe the Black edition was being quoted ~44k, so definitely paid more but couldn't put off buying anymore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Massachusetts registered
2021 Honda Pilot Touring AWD Red 7 seater
$45,090
+ Tax, registration, documentation fees which I could not avoid

·
Registered
2 Posts
Paid $36,000 OTD for my new 2021 SE using a broker in FL. Smoothest car purchase I’ve ever dealt with. In and out in 30 mins and absolutely no negotiation. Went straight to the finance manager to sign paperwork.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paid $36,000 OTD for my new 2021 SE using a broker in FL. Smoothest car purchase I’ve ever dealt with. In and out in 30 mins and absolutely no negotiation. Went straight to the finance manager to sign paperwork.
Looks like an excellent deal. I feel like I paid too much. I wish I had known this forum before purchasing my Honda Pilot Touring.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you pass along the broker? At that price, it’d make sense for me to ship the car from Florida to Alaska where supply is horrendous (and thus dealer arrogance even more horrendous than usual).

241 - 260 of 287 Posts