Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

201 - 220 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought a SE FWD in white in Maryland this week.

MSRP $40,830
Dealer add-ons: nitrogen, mud guards, and wheel locks.
Dealer asking: $37,419

Pre-TTL Paid: $33,657
OTD: $36,556.63
0% financing and $0 down.

Hard for me to complain about the value in that transaction.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bought a SE FWD in white in Maryland this week.

MSRP $40,830
Dealer add-ons: nitrogen, mud guards, and wheel locks.
Dealer asking: $37,419

Pre-TTL Paid: $33,657
OTD: $36,556.63
0% financing and $0 down.

Hard for me to complain about the value in that transaction.
@arkan - Thanks for the information. Can you please provide the dealer name?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sure. So here’s your game plan:

Ask Honda Owings Mills to give you their best offer against Honda of Annapolis (their FWD SEs are listed at $35,985). Owings Mills responded with a quote for the price I paid above, although I bought from a different dealer.

Most dealers in the area were willing to match Owings Mills’ price, although some wouldn’t with a premium paint color unless adding the $395.

I did not have a good experience with Honda College Park, I would avoid them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I forgot to mention. Hagerstown Honda also provided a fairly aggressive quote if Owings Mills isn’t sending something great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sure. So here’s your game plan:

Ask Honda Owings Mills to give you their best offer against Honda of Annapolis (their FWD SEs are listed at $35,985). Owings Mills responded with a quote for the price I paid above, although I bought from a different dealer.

Most dealers in the area were willing to match Owings Mills’ price, although some wouldn’t with a premium paint color unless adding the $395.

I did not have a good experience with Honda College Park, I would avoid them.
@arkan - Anything that can be deferred beyond the discounted MSRP? Dealer is quoting the following - Dealership charges ($499), Freight ($1175), State Taxes and Registration as well as accessories worth $895. Did Owings give you any OTD breakup?

·
Registered
2003 EX-L (347,000), 2021 AWD Touring 8.
214 Posts
For a 2021 Touring 8 AWD, a Long Island dealer quoted $41,995. What should I be able to get him down to?

Also, he quoted me $2,500 for the trailer hitch! Honda lists it at $996. I get the dealer's installation charge and markup. What should I pay for this option?

As as aside, I plan to get this SUV to replace my 2003 Pilot that has 346,782 miles on it. The transmission's starting to act up. Probably not worth it to put a rebuild in. Shame on Honda for not making a transmission that can reach 350,000 miles.

I've attached a dealer price sheet for options if anyone's interested.

PilotOptions.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve been getting quotes in the MD, VA area for a touring 7p.
so far lowest otd is $43,500. Base price at owings mills is attractive, but they have several fees.
destination: 1175
Protection pkg: 895
Processing 499

hagerstown was well above 43,500.
Not sure if there’s a better deal out there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
so far lowest otd is $43,500. Base price at owings mills is attractive, but they have several fees.
Processing 499

Try Pohanka Honda in Fredericksburg, VA. Got my 2021 Touring for $38k before TTL.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Processing 499

I had got a good price at Sport Honda in 2019 with no accessories added unlike other dealers. You should aim for 38,000 for a touring awd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had got a good price at Sport Honda in 2019 with no accessories added unlike other dealers. You should aim for 38,000 for a touring awd.
Hi, I'm shopping for a Pilot in Touring trim.

So when you say you should aim for $38,000, does that figure include destination fee of $1175? Also, what region of the country are you in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
An update at my end... Purchased the 2021 Touring AWD Trim with a MSRP discounted price of $40K. I believe it is a decent deal. With destination fees, NJ 6.625% sales tax, registration fees, dealer doc fees, bunch of accessories everything put together it costed me $45K. Could push for a slightly better deal for my trade in-too as part of the overall transaction. Tried getting the 0% financing for 60 months. However understand that Honda has split the financing pattern for different zones in US. So NJ, NY registered customers would have a different scheme (0% applicable only till 48 months) compared to say DE, GA or MD based customers (0% applicable till 60 months)

NJ/PA dealers with whom I spoke to did not give me a great deal vs those based in Maryland. I might have missed a few though

For those who are purchasing now would suggest you to check out Cargurus, Truecar and Kelly Blue Book websites and list down the dealers who are giving good deals. This will be a subset of the dealers who would give you a good deal.

At MD you can checkout -> Bill Page, Tysons, Owings Mills, Ourisman, Hagerstown, Annapolis dealerships
Owings Mills is the #1 rated Baltimore dealer for sales three years as per what I saw... You might want to target such dealers in other places too. There is a higher chance of them giving a good deal which is helping them drive sales

There is no proper yardstick to measure the price and it keeps varying from one dealership to other... Some include destination fees as part of MSRP and some do not. So be careful on your negotiations

Hope this helps

·
Registered
214 Posts
$43,682.01 - AWD Touring 8 passenger (red) WITH the pricey ATF cooler / towing package (@$2,000), but before NY's excessive taxes and fees.

I went to 7 dealers for detailed pricing. Two came in within $25 of each other. Others were $600 - $1,800 higher. I got opening prices (with the car equipped as specified and with $370 in fees plus 8 5/8% sales tax) as high as $53,000.

Now the guy I bought from opened at $52. I told him that others were at $48 and I wasn't paying even that. Finally, he asked what I would pay. I wrote my number down and said "that's it. Not a penny more. Come back with an approval and we'll do the paperwork right now." So, I now wonder whether -- even in New York City -- I could've done better than $43,600.

Then the finance guy quoted me 5.09%. I already had a Honda approval. I ended up with 0%,

Had the guy who did the deal not come in at my price, I was going to send myself an email and bcc all seven saying whoever comes in at my price first or comes closest by 3pm gets the deal.

·
Registered
214 Posts
There is no proper yardstick to measure the price and it keeps varying from one dealership to other... Some include destination fees as part of MSRP and some do not.
I start from the other end: the OTD or out the door price. I wouldn't even get into how much the option cost because I didn't want them to lowball me on the car and make it up on the option. Nor did I want to hear "red costs extra."

·
Registered
2 Posts
What are people paying for a 2021 Pilot Elite? We live in TX. Not sure if the prices are better or worse here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been pricing out a 2021 Pilot Special Edition w/ AWD in Sapphire exterior. Got 7 or 8 quotes already. Lowest is for $40,550 out the door all taxes/fees included.

I am in NY. Is this a good deal or should I push lower? Curious to hear from others in here from NY who priced out a similar trim/model.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Been pricing out a 2021 Pilot Special Edition w/ AWD in Sapphire exterior. Got 7 or 8 quotes already. Lowest is for $40,550 out the door all taxes/fees included.

I am in NY. Is this a good deal or should I push lower? Curious to hear from others in here from NY who priced out a similar trim/model.

Thanks all!
Hi
Which dealership if you don’t mind me asking ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I got only one offer so far , let me know guys your opinion on it , am I being taken for a ride here? I can’t even recognize half these fees !

201 - 220 of 239 Posts