Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

181 - 200 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
kindafromdc, can you please share the dealer name and a snapshot of the quote. I am having great difficulty in getting the dealers to come to this price.
$38,500 is an awesome price for AWD touring.

Purchased a 2021 7P Touring AWD in the DC Metro area last week, Platinum White Pearl w/ Black interior.
MSRP: $45,615
Discount: $7,115
Price before taxes etc: $38,500

I'm mostly happy with my purchase but was a bit hasty and feeling a little regretful that I didn't work with another dealership to get an Elite at around $1500 more (I think I could have). I mostly really wanted the panoramic sunroof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
kindafromdc, can you please share the dealer name and a snapshot of the quote. I am having great difficulty in getting the dealers to come to this price.
$38,500 is an awesome price for AWD touring.
Hi Kally! I got almost the same quote from Ourisman Honda Bethesda (where I bought) and Ourisman Honda Laurel. I got an official quote from Laurel but from Bethesda it was all email-based negotiation. I can send you a message in a bit with the Laurel quote.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Alright everyone, we're heading out to look for a replacement for my wife's totaled 2017.

Looking at either an 8P Touring or 7P Elite.

Based in browsing this thread, I feel I should be landing between 42.5-43.5k before TTL on an Elite and 38-39.5k on a Touring.

Sound about right??? Or should I expect lower/higher?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This weekend brought home a FWD SE for $30,550 OTD including a trade-in 2011 CRV LX w/ 70k miles. Think it was a good deal based on what I've seen here and how much the salesman and manager were fretting over their "loss". Northern VA.

·
Registered
73 Posts
WELL.......

Got my wife's replacement car for her totaled 2017 Touring.

This time we got a 2021 Elite, in the Lunar Silver

Not the color she had, nor hoped for. She wanted the Sapphire Steel, but it was too hard to get it from anyone local at a decent price.

This one we got for:

$42,984 Rubber floor mats included (We had them throw them in)
+$499 for whatever SAVY Driver is. (Was $799, they really didn't want to drop it, so we get them to that price)
+$5373.49 TTL&doc fee
------------------------------------
$48357.48 OTD

we put 6k down just to make the payments at $600/month, so financed $42357.48

Except for taxes being outrageous, I felt we got a pretty good deal. I just bought both the D82 & M46 HondaCare Plans from Hyannis. I asked about it from the dealer, but they only offered the maintenance plan for basically what I got both from Hyannis.

EDIT: Oh and... I already ordered the S-VCM for it, after reading up on the forum. Might even get one for my 08 Pilot with 120k miles.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Touring
33 Posts
WELL.......

Got my wife's replacement car for her totaled 2017 Touring.

This time we got a 2021 Elite, in the Lunar Silver

Not the color she had, nor hoped for. She wanted the Sapphire Steel, but it was too hard to get it from anyone local at a decent price.
Congrats! Lunar Silver Elite was my personal, first choice w/black interior, but we settled on our family's Sapphire Steel Touring choice.
Wow ... that's a lot of tax, though a great price!
Hmm .. I thought that adding an S-VCM could impact the warranty.
Just curious though, how much more were they asking for a Sapphire Steel one?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats! Lunar Silver Elite was my personal, first choice w/black interior, but we settled on our family's Sapphire Steel Touring choice.
Wow ... that's a lot of tax, though a great price!
Hmm .. I thought that adding an S-VCM could impact the warranty.
Just curious though, how much more were they asking for a Sapphire Steel one?
Well.... they didn't have one. The first told me they could but one out from another dealer for $43,800 (who I called before, he wouldn't budge for me below 46k).

But then the sales manager (not the salesperson I was dealing with) kept pushing for the silver one they had instead of them having to buy out the other.

My wife was fine with the silver so I guess we settled.

But to answer your question, about 800 more, because of a potential buyout.

And, unless I'm wrong, from what I understand the S-VCM is easy enough to remove if I need any service/warranty work done an possibly untraceable after it's out. I hope.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been offered a new 2021 EX-L (2WD) for 33,100 sale price at a few dealers in the area (Houston) with no haggle on my part. From what I could find the invoice price should be around $35,500??

Good price or am I missing something here?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD, 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD
50 Posts
And, unless I'm wrong, from what I understand the S-VCM is easy enough to remove if I need any service/warranty work done an possibly untraceable after it's out. I hope.
It is very easy to remove. You just need to have a set of 4” zip ties to replace the ones you’ll cut.

Having said that, it does look like it belongs in the engine bay so it may not be noticed. I took mine off just in case (reason below) but I have heard other members say that they don’t and have not had any issues. If you do take it off and put it on, just remember to do it with a cold engine each time so that you don’t have any codes thrown.

Sorry for the tangent, but to bring it back on topic, I took it off for my dealer to inspect it to give me a trade in price for my 2020 EX-L so that I could buy a new Touring Awd. The dealer had sent a letter saying they needed late model used cars so we’re offering high trade in value for them and the friends and family discount for new cars if we did the trade in (sheah right).

I said that I had seen other people get 6 to 7K off msrp on tourings and they valued my 15k miler 2020 at $32K so I said if I could pay 10k with the trade in for a touring then we had a deal. They acted shocked that people were getting such huge discounts and they had to speak to manager etc. but I needed my wife anyway (I had simply come in on my own to get my car valued by them with their “special” high rate) so we’d return the next day. My wife wasn’t keen on the hassle of buying again so, because I only really want the 20” rims and full LED reflector headlights from the touring, which I can do for less than 10k myself, we decided to keep the EX-L. Good news is that I may have been given tacit permission to buy the rims, tires and headlights :). Look honey, I’m saying us $6000!

Sorry for that long post but in NJ, I’m not sure I could have got a touring awd for 42K otd. Maybe 42K before TTL. I would be very interested to see what people are paying for awd tourings in NJ or NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 EX-L
20 Posts
2021 Pilot EX-L AWD
MSRP: $40,360
Factory Options: Platinum White Pearl paint for $395
MSRP incl. delivery & options - $41,875

Dealer options:
Splash guard set - $209
Cargo Tray - $189
Wheel locks - $169
Nitro tires - $149
All season mats - $285
Total dealer add-ons - $1,001
Total asking price - $42,876

I had all the dealer accessories including for free, and paid invoice price for the car at $38,367. Tag + Doc fee totaled $694.
Traded in a 2020 Subaru Forester valued at $26,522 and ended up with $1,400 in positive equity for a total amount financed of $38,660 for the 2021 Pilot. I used Honda's 0.9% rate as well.
Dealer was Johnson City Honda in TN. First offer on the table was $45,000 out the door so I was very happy to get the trade value way up and the car purchased at invoice price so effective discount of $6,340.

Love the car so far. So much more room than the Subaru. The 9 speed is a million times better than the CVT and the Pilot feels like it has triple the horsepower.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been trying to get an Elite for around 41,000 before TTL, or a Black Edition for $42,500 before TTL based on the data I have seen in this thread. Everyone I have talked to looks at me like I have 3 eyes. Seems like the best I'm able to get is around $46,500 on a Black Edition and $45,000 and an Elite. How have those of you that did better managing to do it?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've been trying to get an Elite for around 41,000 before TTL, or a Black Edition for $42,500 before TTL based on the data I have seen in this thread. Everyone I have talked to looks at me like I have 3 eyes. Seems like the best I'm able to get is around $46,500 on a Black Edition and $45,000 and an Elite. How have those of you that did better managing to do it?
New car inventories are dwindling for a number of reasons (Covid, availability of sensors, etc.). Expect less haggling for a few months while they sort this out.

·
Registered
73 Posts

So, we just got our Elite for 42.9k before TTL, with the all-weather floormats included. More details about 8 posts up.

But yes, most dealers around my area did not want to budge lower than 46k.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Piloteers,

Need New Jersey Dealer and Salesman references who can provide a good deal either for a SE 2021 or a Touring 2021.
Going by the above I believe a 'good deal' should be 6-7K below MSRP isn't it?

181 - 200 of 239 Posts