Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow owners. I’ve ran in to this issue on my 2021 Honda Pilot special edition that my spindle steering knuckle has rust on front driver side and from passenger side. Is there anyway that a dealership can fix this. I’ve owned my Pilot about a month now. Thanks again anyone experienced this need help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I did. They said they going to look into it. First time I’m seeing this on a Honda had about 5 different Honda vehicle never seen like this.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
I think they'll say it's 'surface rust', and do nothing. Worth a try though.

Spray them with some Fluid Film Brand spray- you'll be OK.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline
3 Posts
Those cast knuckles are not painted. My 2017 Ridgeline had that as well, and you will find that on all (newer) trucks if you start looking at the front suspension and they have a short time of wet weather under thier belts.

It would take 20 years before that part ever rusted enough to become a structural issue so they will probably tell you that there is not anything they will do. The best option...wire brush it, and then use a paint brush and paint Rustoleum from a pint or qt can. I use satin black for mine and it lasts a few years before needing a little touchup.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just noticed them on my SE. I mean it’s only cosmetic and I hope it doesn’t hurt the car in the long run.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Cast iron. No need to worry, surface rust sets in quickly but takes a lifetime to actually result in material loss. Normal, no need to panic. If you care about it cosmetically you can clean it up and paint it with POR15.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts