Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did they not put in a button to fold the side mirrors? The manual shows a button but I can’t find one. Am I missing something or are they manual? Thanks!

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,866 Posts
My 2020 Passport Touring has them. They are an option for the Touring models as well.

·
Registered
813 Posts
My 2020 Passport Touring has them. They are an option for the Touring models as well.
Oh nice! Were they a dealer installed thing or did the car come with them? I checked on the Honda car configurator and I don’t see it there so I’m assuming it was a dealer installed option. Power folding mirrors would actually come in handy for me so hopefully there is a way that it can be changed.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,866 Posts
Oh nice! Were they a dealer installed thing or did the car come with them? I checked on the Honda car configurator and I don’t see it there so I’m assuming it was a dealer installed option. Power folding mirrors would actually come in handy for me so hopefully there is a way that it can be changed.
Came with them from the factory.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
586 Posts
So it's mentioned they don't actuality fold flat.

It's more like a 3/4 tuck.

My Pilot is filthy but I'll see if I get a picture later today.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I understand these in (very) urban areas where people park on the street, but U.S. standards for parking space sizes, etc. makes these all but a gimmick for 99.9% of vehicle buyers in the U.S.

They became popular in Europe where people are retrofitting areas never intended for cars to work for parking -- a situation almost never encountered in the U.S. Even then, most car owners just manually fold their mirrors when necessary, which can also be done on the Pilot.

tl/dr; I don't get it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I understand these in (very) urban areas where people park on the street, but U.S. standards for parking space sizes, etc. makes these all but a gimmick for 99.9% of vehicle buyers in the U.S.

They became popular in Europe where people are retrofitting areas never intended for cars to work for parking -- a situation almost never encountered in the U.S. Even then, most car owners just manually fold their mirrors when necessary, which can also be done on the Pilot.

tl/dr; I don't get it.
A lot of owners have tight garages including myself so power folding mirrors would be nice. I usually fold my mirror for peace of mind so I know I won't hit the wall or anything, and it isn't a problem to fold them for me. It would be nice to just push a button. It's more of a convenience thing than anything else. Kind of like push button start and keyless entry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A lot of owners have tight garages including myself so power folding mirrors would be nice. I usually fold my mirror for peace of mind so I know I won't hit the wall or anything, and it isn't a problem to fold them for me. It would be nice to just push a button. It's more of a convenience thing than anything else. Kind of like push button start and keyless entry.
Yeah that is my exact reason. Just seemed like an odd thing to leave out with all the features they do have in the special Edition.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,178 Posts
Well, I for one need my mirrors open when backing out of the garage. My house attached garage, single 2 car space opening. We park both our Pilots in there.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yeah that is my exact reason. Just seemed like an odd thing to leave out with all the features they do have in the special Edition.
Just another way car manufacturers try to make you spend more money unfortunately :(.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Gotcha. The SE is around $4k less than the Touring, and the Touring doesn't come with them, so that makes sense to me. The loss of acoustic glass on the SE would be the deal breaker for me -- I like the added quiet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts