Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2021 Pilot is one of the cars I am looking at. It seems even up to the 2020 models they have issues with the infotainment system, backup camera and transmission, is this true for the 2021 or have these been fixed? Is there a build cut off date where these issues were fixed? I did a search but did not find anything that specifically addresses the 2021. Thank you!

·
Registered
515 Posts
That problem was fixed before the 2021 rolled out.

Reactions: ScDevon

·
Registered
438 Posts
For transmission, infotainment or both?
Transmission issue have been cured for a couple years it seems like. There was a big TSB for the infotainment earlier this year where people were reporting their dealers were applying the fix to all new unsold Pilots on the lot, as well as fixing customer vehicles. Haven't heard if that latest TSB (involved replacing some wiring harnesses and connections IIRC) has proven to be a permanent fix for those issues.

See this thread for that discussion:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Transmission issue have been cured for a couple years it seems like. There was a big TSB for the infotainment earlier this year where people were reporting their dealers were applying the fix to all new unsold Pilots on the lot, as well as fixing customer vehicles. Haven't heard if that latest TSB (involved replacing some wiring harnesses and connections IIRC) has proven to be a permanent fix for those issues.

See this thread for that discussion:
thank you, any other teething issues to be aware of?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump - just curious if there are any other issues in the 2021 or if all have been resolved?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I don’t believe that there is any make, model, or year of car that has no issues or potential issues after ownership. I have my 2016 and many people complain about many things about the car, but I only had one significant issue this far, which was the “Emissions System Problems” that came up in 2016 and was fixed by replacing injectors and rails under warranty. It has some small issues and annoyances, like remote start engine, sometimes can’t turn on the heated seats(can’t manually turn them on), and the seats don’t heat up when I get in the car(called Honda and was told that someone has to sit on it before seat will heat up). It seems like the luck of a draw if you pick a good one or not. This is the risk we have to take when buying things these days no matter how many reviews you read unfortunately.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD | Modern Steel Metallic
10 Posts
Check these websites for updates on TSB.

2021 Pilot has 3 recalls:
1) Continental tires
American Honda Motor Co. (Honda) is recalling certain 2021 Pilot vehicles equipped with Continental CrossContact LX Sport 245/50R20 102 H tires with DOT serial number A376 D3K9 2920 and mold numbers S-421920 and S-421921. The tires may have been cured for a time beyond the specification limits.

2) Instrument Panel Crash
Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2018-2020 Odyssey, 2019-2020 Passport, and 2019-2021 Pilot vehicles. Incorrect instrument panel control module software can cause the instrument panel to not display critical information, such as engine oil pressure, speedometer, and gear selector position until the next ignition cycle. Additionally, it can prevent the rearview camera image from displaying. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) numbers 101, "Control and Displays" and 111, "Rearview Mirrors."

3) Delayed/non-functioning rearview camera
Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2019-2021 Pilot, 2019-2020 Odyssey and 2019-2020 Passport vehicles. Incorrect central network software programming may cause several errors to occur that can delay or prevent the rearview camera image from displaying. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 111, "Rearview Mirrors."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts