Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am looking into buying a 2021 Pilot EX AWD model this month and was going through consumer reviews and found some reviews stating the infotainment issues in 2021 Pilot. Also when I checked Honda website for recalls, 2021 Pilot was one of the cars which they mentioned having some infotainment issues (Recall Information for Safety & Defects | Honda Owners Site). So I was wondering since Honda knows about this issue, will new cars also have this issue or would these issues be resolved in the new cars.

Thanks

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hello

I am looking into buying a 2021 Pilot EX AWD model this month and was going through consumer reviews and found some reviews stating the infotainment issues in 2021 Pilot. Also when I checked Honda website for recalls, 2021 Pilot was one of the cars which they mentioned having some infotainment issues (Recall Information for Safety & Defects | Honda Owners Site). So I was wondering since Honda knows about this issue, will new cars also have this issue or would these issues be resolved in the new cars.

Thanks
People who used to have the issue were able to get it fixed for free under warranty. The 2021 model should be having the most up to date software and wiring so it shouldn't have any issues.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot Elite- Sapphire Steel Metallic 7P (gray) Delivery Date: 11-14-20
77 Posts
No issues with our 2021.
Oct 2020 production date.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot Elite
1 Posts
Nothing but issues with my infotainment since my 2021 elite was three weeks old. They "repaired" the issue with "approved parts" back in October, only for the issue to continue. As of now, I am unable to use my car to talk on my phone, my info screen turns black, my speakers sound like fireworks, and I get constant "network error" text across my all-black screen. Honda REFUSES to rectify this issue because, as they stated "it's already been fixed". I am filing suit under lemon law due this issue and about 25 others.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Nothing but issues with my infotainment since my 2021 elite was three weeks old. They "repaired" the issue with "approved parts" back in October, only for the issue to continue. As of now, I am unable to use my car to talk on my phone, my info screen turns black, my speakers sound like fireworks, and I get constant "network error" text across my all-black screen. Honda REFUSES to rectify this issue because, as they stated "it's already been fixed". I am filing suit under lemon law due this issue and about 25 others.
Wow I thought they fixed this thing for the 2021 model... guess I was wrong. They better get your car fixed, especially since it's a 2021.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Been issue free with my 2019 for the most part. Updates have resolved minor issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Horrible - did they tell you about the issue before they sold it? Our dealer tried to hide the issue, pleaded ignorance, but then I called the Honda Support line directly and they knew all about it. Suggest calling Honda directly. Dealers aren’t any help in this situation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Horrible - did they tell you about the issue before they sold it? Our dealer tried to hide the issue, pleaded ignorance, but then I called the Honda Support line directly and they knew all about it. Suggest calling Honda directly. Dealers aren’t any help in this situation.
Good or bad the one issue we had was minor and quickly resolved with a factory reset. Only at 3k miles though so will see. Real sorry to hear about your experience. Good luck with your lawsuit. For the small % that have issues, they need to just take the car back and give you a new one - especially if they are so confident it’s resolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a 2021 Pilot touring in November. The electrical popping started a month ago. Taking it in on Monday.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L FWD Black/Black
24 Posts
I have exactly the same issue in your video. Were you able to resolve the issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a 2021 black edition pilot and am currently dealing with Honda for very similar issues that you were experiencing. I am considering filing a lemon law case and am curious who are you filing with and you mentioned 25 others..?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts