Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2021 pilot Ex

847 3
Hi, I’m new, but wanted to ask to see if anyone else experienced this. I have the 2021 pilot ex. It seems to me that when I cruise( let off the gas) the car down shift hard. I previously had a Ford Explorer before this car and never felt that budge before. I’m not sure if all pilots are like this, I heard they are on a belt system? Let me know if I’m not alone on this one!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Home of the 306k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
14,945 Posts
All Honda Pilots have a timing belt and a serpentine belt (drive belt) that turn the alternator and AC compressor. These both are unrelated with down shifting. If your experiencing a hard down shift, I'd take it to the dealership to check it out.
What is the current milage?
Is it time for the transmission fluid to be drained and filled? Servicing the transmission on time with fresh fluid is very important.

· Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,887 Posts
A 2021 Pilot should not need any transmission fluid changes yet. It could be the computer is still learning your driving habits. But it could be a problem somewhere else.

Either way, the car is under warranty so the best thing to do would be to take it to the dealer and have them figure it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.