Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening I have a 2021 Pilot EXL. I purchased the 20in Wheels from the MDX Advance. Going to put the same tires as the 20in Wheels 245/50/20. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
The new wheel/tire combo looks great. If the vehicle use similar offset and bolt pattern there should not be any fitment issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The new wheel/tire combo looks great. If the vehicle use similar offset and bolt pattern there should not be any fitment issues.
Yeah I don’t think there would be an issue since it’s the same wheel and tire size as the 20 on the SE and above

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
What kind of rubber you planning on putting on these fancy rims? 😏 Would you like some suggestions? 🤠

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
I'm for quiet too. It's been said that our EX-L models that Honda cheaped out on sound deadening. I'm planning on using a rubberized material in the fender wells and doors to help this.
I'm currently riding on Sumitomo HTR A/S P02s. Not made for their quiet factor, but you can do 75 mph without feeling like your fly by the seat of your pants. The squishy touring tire, Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport AS this vehicle came equipped with, could not support the weight of my Pilot in a high speed turn. Was scary.

Reactions: Highspeedbail

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lo
I'm for quiet too. It's been said that our EX-L models that Honda cheaped out on sound deadening. I'm planning on using a rubberized material in the fender wells and doors to help this.
I'm currently riding on Sumitomo HTR A/S P02s. Not made for their quiet factor, but you can do 75 mph without feeling like your fly by the seat of your pants. The squishy touring tire, Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport AS this vehicle came equipped with, could not support the weight of my Pilot in a high speed turn. Was scary.
Yeah I don’t like the oem tires they tend to be cheap. Almost like free trial tires 😂

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Lo

Yeah I don’t like the oem tires they tend to be cheap. Almost like free trial tires 😂
TireRack boast about how great the Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport AS is on a test track. They use a XL tire with a higher speed rating on a Cayenne, then sell us a lesser version. Only 3 out of 10 consumers would buy again. My factory tires were rolling over on the sidewalls on a highway curve. It's why I opted to put a High Performance All Season tire on this 4200Lb vehicle. I may have lost some fuel economy with a heavier tire, but I can now load 800Lbs in the vehicle and still cruise at 75mph and still stay on the gas in a curve.

Reactions: Highspeedbail

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TireRack boast about how great the Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport AS is on a test track. They use a XL tire with a higher speed rating on a Cayenne, then sell us a lesser version. Only 3 out of 10 consumers would buy again. My factory tires were rolling over on the sidewalls on a highway curve. It's why I opted to put a High Performance All Season tire on this 4200Lb vehicle. I may have lost some fuel economy with a heavier tire, but I can now load 800Lbs in the vehicle and still cruise at 75mph and still stay on the gas in a curve.
Which do you have ?

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot Elite- Sapphire Steel Metallic 7P (gray) Delivery Date: 11-14-20
77 Posts
I like the wheels. X2 on the Honda center cap idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have Continental Crosscontact LX Sport on our 2021 Pilot SE. They are very quiet, handle well in the rain. Only have 2200 miles on them and have not had them on the highway yet. Local driving and only one occasion to hit 60 for a few miles. Any opinions on these at speeds of 75 or above?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
We have Continental Crosscontact LX Sport on our 2021 Pilot SE. They are very quiet, handle well in the rain. Only have 2200 miles on them and have not had them on the highway yet. Local driving and only one occasion to hit 60 for a few miles. Any opinions on these at speeds of 75 or above?
They have extremely weak side walls, look to replace them around 25k miles. Outside of being somewhat quiet they are terrible in wet conditions too. Jumping to Michelin Defenders really highlights how poor those were. You can roll em easily and lose grip in rain and snow at speeds.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They have extremely weak side walls, look to replace them around 25k miles. Outside of being somewhat quiet they are terrible in wet conditions too. Jumping to Michelin Defenders really highlights how poor those were. You can roll em easily and lose grip in rain and snow at speeds.
I don’t think they have these in 245/50/20. Looked everywhere even tire rack

1 - 20 of 51 Posts