Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sounds like a good way to screw up your catalytic converter and possibly void your warranty. (Dumps in extra fuel). They (the dealer) cautioned me on my 2018 pilot elite and our 2010 Odyssey touring.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Sounds like a good way to screw up your catalytic converter and possibly void your warranty. (Dumps in extra fuel). They (the dealer) cautioned me on my 2018 pilot elite and our 2010 Odyssey touring.
You were lied to.

Reactions: aggrex and The Todd

·
Registered
73 Posts
Update: Got a reply that the VCMTuner prob won't be avail for shipping to CA until mid/late summer.

So I just pulled the trigger on the S-VCM. Wish me luck once it arrives and hopefully this not-so-mechanic-savvy girl can install it herself

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
You got this.

I just got an alert that mine just showed up from UPS today, so I'll probably be doing that some time in the next few days.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
1,860 Posts
With respect to the unplugging of the existing clip, the key is to squeeze at the end of the clip furthest away from the point at where it connects to the engine. Of you look at the clip on the disabler as a guide, it looks like you should push somewhere in the middle, which is what I was doing. As soon as you push further out, then it is pretty easy. I also found it easier to squeeze with my left hand for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used some needle nosed pliers to 'squeeze' it.

Update: Got a reply that the VCMTuner prob won't be avail for shipping to CA until mid/late summer.

So I just pulled the trigger on the S-VCM. Wish me luck once it arrives and hopefully this not-so-mechanic-savvy girl can install it herself

Try some needle noses if you can't get the clip off the temp sensor- that's what I did, and I work on LOTS of engine stuff!

You do realize that you may NOT know what you're talking about here? Research it and get back to us and tell us if you feel/think the same way.

Reactions: MariaCR

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I used some needle nosed pliers to 'squeeze' it.

Try some needle noses if you can't get the clip off the temp sensor- that's what I did, and I work on LOTS of engine stuff!

You do realize that you may NOT know what you're talking about here? Research it and get back to us and tell us if you feel/think the same way.
Thanks! I'll go pick some up this wknd just in case I need them.

My s-vcm arrives on Tues!!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD, 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD
49 Posts
You obviously don’t know how this works.

You are in much greater danger of damaging your engine, injectors, mounts, torque converter, and quite possible your cat (with excess oil) by continuing to allow VCM to do its thing. If you’re interested in how and why, we can explain. Just ask

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Attempting the S-VCM install later today. I actually just got home from work about half hour ago.

If I leave the car parked for about 4 hrs, is that enough time for it to cool down and be "cold" so that I avoid having any codes thrown out?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Attempting the S-VCM install later today. I actually just got home from work about half hour ago.

If I leave the car parked for about 4 hrs, is that enough time for it to cool down and be "cold" so that I avoid having any codes thrown out?
I took mine off after about 3 hours to head off for a service and I didn’t get any codes after plugging the original ECT1 plug in. I would have thought plugging either the original or S-VCM controller plugs would have the same effect so I presume this means 3 to 4 hours is sufficient cooling time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I took mine off after about 3 hours to head off for a service and I didn’t get any codes after plugging the original ECT1 plug in. I would have thought plugging either the original or S-VCM controller plugs would have the same effect so I presume this means 3 to 4 hours is sufficient cooling time.

Ok, sounds like I should be ok. I watched a video earlier and they mentioned they let the car sit for 30 mins but that just seems like not enough time. I'll wait the 4 hrs :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
SUCCESS!! It was actually super easy to disconnect the clip, my small hands helped :)

I already test drove it around the streets and freeway and yup, I can feel the difference. It's not a huge difference but I can definitely tell it drives with power now.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE TIPS!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
SUCCESS!! It was actually super easy to disconnect the clip, my small hands helped :)

I already test drove it around the streets and freeway and yup, I can feel the difference. It's not a huge difference but I can definitely tell it drives with power now.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE TIPS!!
Yay! I’m glad you could feel the difference. Here’s to many years of long life for our VCM disabled engines

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yay! I’m glad you could feel the difference. Here’s to many years of long life for our VCM disabled engines

Totally!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Let's see here......it dumps extra fuel so that it can improve fuel economy/mileage. Really????🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
754 Posts
I am old. If K&N’s marketing dept says it‘s so, it must be so, no? LOL I got a chuckle reading post #19.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I am old. If K&N’s marketing dept says it‘s so, it must be so, no? LOL I got a chuckle reading post #19.
Ya, obviously the mechanic did what them to put anything on the vehicle that would prevent problems🤥. Bad for business.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts