Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve only seen a mention of it on Edmunds but they say no big design changes. I thought 2021 was supposed to be the new design year?

·
Registered
8,919 Posts
Major model changes typically occur on a six-year schedule, so MY2022 is more likely for the next big design change.
However, the second generation Pilot ran for seven model years - MY2009-2015, with a mid-cycle update for MY2012.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Major model changes typically occur on a six-year schedule, so MY2022 is more likely for the next big design change.
However, the second generation Pilot ran for seven model years - MY2009-2015, with a mid-cycle update for MY2012.
For sure by then, the all new Honda Crosstour will release and will be no need to make Pilots or Passports anymore :p.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Does that mean the Acura ZDX will also be making a comeback?

That would be awsome!
Better yet, the Crosstour convertible!

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Heads will roll if they do. In 2013 I seriously looked at the Infinity G Convertible and the Audi TT Convertible, but bought the Pilot as a responsible grandfather with 3 granddaughters should.
Nissan had a more inventive product name with the Murano CrossCabriolet.

Heads will roll if they do. In 2013 I seriously looked at the Infinity G Convertible and the Audi TT Convertible, but bought the Pilot as a responsible grandfather with 3 granddaughters should.
Nothing new Honda has interests me.
EV anyone?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Am I the only one who liked the ZDX?

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Am I the only one who liked the ZDX?
I liked it, but the wife chose to drive RLs and MDXs. Finally got her budgeted into this 2017 rebuilt Pilot. 😁

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
That thing looks like it came out of the kids movie Cars, with the eye like headlights and toothy grin grill.
I guess their thinking nostalgia will win Honda fans. We drove the old Civic because it was reliable, not becsuse it looked great. It's obvious that Honda isn't asking us what we want to drive.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,260 Posts
My dream car would be a 1939 Buick Special convertible. At home I had an uncle who’s hobby was restoring antique vehicles. He did a 1939 Buick special convertible in white with white interior and red piping. That thing was gorgeous and a whole lot of fun to drive. It reminded me of the glamour days a Hollywood.

imagine this in gleaming white.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Meh. It ain’t a convertible.
I really enjoy convertibles for the next month or say and 1-2 months in the fall. Otherwise they are compromised to me.

My dream car would be a 1939 Buick Special convertible. At home I had an uncle who’s hobby was restoring antique vehicles. He did a 1939 Buick special convertible in white with white interior and red piping. That thing was gorgeous and a whole lot of fun to drive. It reminded me of the glamour days a Hollywood.

imagine this in gleaming white.

View attachment 135875
Sorry that body style does little for me. My favorite car styling occurred from 1955-1970. Does it at least have a straight eight?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,260 Posts
To each their own. Me, I like classic lines, driving comfort, and style in old vehicles. The 39 Buick had all of those. There are some very classic vehicles out there. The Ford 32 A Coupe, the 1920's Bentley 3 liter, Jaguar late 60's XKE, the 40 Ford Coupe, the 48 Buick Super Estate wagon and the 55 & 57 Chevrolet Belair's to name a few. (To me the 56 looked a little hodge podge)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
To each their own. Me, I like classic lines, driving comfort, and style in old vehicles. The 39 Buick had all of those. There are some very classic vehicles out there. The Ford 32 A Coupe, the 1920's Bentley 3 liter, Jaguar late 60's XKE, the 40 Ford Coupe, the 48 Buick Super Estate wagon and the 55 & 57 Chevrolet Belair's to name a few. (To me the 56 looked a little hodge podge)
I'm with you on the Tri-Five, the 40 Ford (my dad's is a 39) and the XKE. The rest are meh to me.

All time greatest body style ever:

Reactions: Nail Grease
1 - 20 of 35 Posts