Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -
Purchased a 2021 Pilot (Black Edition) about a month ago and two weeks back noticed condensation build up in one of my rear driver side taillight. I contacted the dealership and even had the tech take look and he said there is a Honda news bulletin about new Pilots with semi-sealed headlights and taillights for ventilation? Never heard of it. Service Mgr did say standing water is not good (no duh!) but condensation is fine. Anyone heard of that or are they just blowing smoke? Why would they not have taillights and headlights fully sealed? Purpose of ventilation in lights? Any feedback is appreciated. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Hello -
Purchased a 2021 Pilot (Black Edition) about a month ago and two weeks back noticed condensation build up in one of my rear driver side taillight. I contacted the dealership and even had the tech take look and he said there is a Honda news bulletin about new Pilots with semi-sealed headlights and taillights for ventilation? Never heard of it. Service Mgr did say standing water is not good (no duh!) but condensation is fine. Anyone heard of that or are they just blowing smoke? Why would they not have taillights and headlights fully sealed? Purpose of ventilation in lights? Any feedback is appreciated. thanks in advance.
There's a service bulletin that says condensation inside the headlights and taillights is "fine?" I'd be asking the Service Manger for a copy of it.

I've read elsewhere that some people have had luck drilling a small hole in the bottom of the housing as drain, but on a 2021 new car your warranty should earn you a new housing. Take pictures of the condensation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the Service Manager. I will have to ask for it when I go to pick up my car. Did take pics and sent to the Service Manager. I have requested to have a replacement housing but let see what he comes back with. That would make me feel better for sure. If not, at the least, I will request to put detailed notes about this issue in case it becomes a problem down the line so they are aware it is a known issue.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
According to the Service Manager. I will have to ask for it when I go to pick up my car. Did take pics and sent to the Service Manager. I have requested to have a replacement housing but let see what he comes back with. That would make me feel better for sure. If not, at the least, I will request to put detailed notes about this issue in case it becomes a problem down the line so they are aware it is a known issue.
I've read elsewhere that condensation also forms in the headlights, distorting the beam pattern. This one got a complete new housings under warranty.

Someone else (see msg 5 in same thread) said he read in the manual that some condensation was normal under certain conditions.

So it's one of those ... some do some don't things. Best of luck with this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts