Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2021 Honda pilot black edition. Vehicle only has 5500 miles. During normal driving conditions making a turn and hitting the Excelerator check engine light came on blinking rapidly followed by loss of power with hesitation when trying to hit the gas and rough idle. I pulled off to the side of the road opened my hood could feel a heavier vibration to the engine than normal. I shut the car off turned it back on and everything was fine no issues. One week later during normal driving conditions it happened again shut the car off turned it back on everything was fine. I took it to the dealership they looked it over said that was no trouble codes stored so they test drove it and could not re-create the conditions and have no idea what is wrong with the vehicle. If anyone has any suggestion it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
11,372 Posts
Sounds like a oil pressure switch went bad. Need to get the engine fault code.
Is the oil level ok?

Reactions: 2021 Black edition

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,317 Posts
Take dealer tech out and demonstrate to them. Make sure they have OBD2 plugged in.

could be multiple causes from bad gas eg water or dirt, low fuel levels, low oil ( unlikely), etc

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
I recently bought a 2021 Honda pilot black edition. Vehicle only has 5500 miles. During normal driving conditions making a turn and hitting the Excelerator check engine light came on blinking rapidly followed by loss of power with hesitation when trying to hit the gas and rough idle.
Is the "Excelerator" some sort of aftermarket device you have had installed on your Pilot?
What is its intended function?

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Is the "Excelerator" some sort of aftermarket device you have had installed on your Pilot?
What is its intended function?
Maybe the question should have been does "hitting the Excelerator" mean crashing into this piece of equipment:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts