Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I got me a 21 Honda Pilot special edition it is awd I wanna know if I would be able to take it on the 4x4 beach with stock tires ((Continental cross contact tires)) I know I need to air down but not sure about the tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
185 Posts
Yes, I’ve done it 2 week after getting mine. Put it in the “sand mode”, de-air, and just take your time. I’d recommend staying near “harder” packed sand…and having tow-straps., etc. for any “oh shit” events.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Guys I got me a 21 Honda Pilot special edition it is awd I wanna know if I would be able to take it on the 4x4 beach with stock tires ((Continental cross contact tires)) I know I need to air down but not sure about the tires

Glad you found your way over here to the Pilot forum. Your answer was answered quickly.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
576 Posts

Try reading through here...

Someone with more experience will come along but I think aomeone said to air down to 10-12psi.

Check post #19

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
If you use your brain and know what you are doing, you will be fine. If you think you can go where the better prepared vehicles can go and try to show off, we will see a youtube video of you getting yanked out.

The Pilot is very capable as long as you stay within the limits of how yours is equipped. Street tires on big rims with low-ish ground clearance mean you can't play with the Wranglers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts