Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot Black Edition
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone used non-reflective/non-metallic tint on the front badge? Not being able to darken that one area on the Black Edition is making my eye twitch. I'm willing to be the guinea pig if no one else has tried yet, just gotta ask the tint shop to look at it this weekend.

(And yes yes, "but the radar" etc. Tint shouldn't impact it if it's just darkened slightly.)

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
Metallic paint is called metallic paint because there are flakes of metal in the paint. Metal and Radar play very well together, ie as in interference.

That is probably why the aftermarket emblem covers are made of acrylic, no metal.

Whether this one will fit or not is up for debate.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot Black Edition
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Metallic paint is called metallic paint because there are flakes of metal in the paint. Metal and Radar play very well together, ie as in interference.

That is probably why the aftermarket emblem covers are made of acrylic, no metal.

Whether this one will fit or not is up for debate.
Updated my original post because I think it was confusing. Non-reflective and non-metallic, not sure where "metallic paint" came into play. Basically just trying to darken the front in the least obstructive way possible. I've seen at least one person say the 2016-2018 patch from PAS doesn't fit current model years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts