Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I see you are from DE, so road salt and plenty of salty air... make sure you are keeping an eye on the rear subframe of that 1st gen, we've seen quite a few rotten ones recently. Enjoy the new Pilot! Cheers from MD!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see you are from DE, so road salt and plenty of salty air... make sure you are keeping an eye on the rear subframe of that 1st gen, we've seen quite a few rotten ones recently. Enjoy the new Pilot! Cheers from MD!
The 08 was in Delaware but we just moved to Long Island NY and got the new 2021 pilot. Funny because our first year in Delaware was 08 and now our first year in Long Island 2021 and new pilot again

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Great choice of new SUV to complement the older first gen. I see you've been a member for as long as your first Pilot

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I use the 08 pilot just for the beaches here in Montauk. She’s a beast.
I can attest to the Pilot's beach / sand performance. Took my first gen Pilot to the Outerbanks a few years ago and with no preparation (airing down/shovels/etc) the Pilot plowed through the sandy mounds like a champ. Ground clearance was an issue with this risky endeavor. Be sure to rinse the salty sandy mix well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can attest to the Pilot's beach / sand performance. Took my first gen Pilot to the Outerbanks a few years ago and with no preparation (airing down/shovels/etc) the Pilot plowed through the sandy mounds like a champ. Ground clearance was an issue with this risky endeavor. Be sure to rinse the salty sandy mix well.
Does help - I put air bags in rear and transmission cooler many years ago. What I notice is - I don’t even use the 4 lock. Just keep it in drive and does great in the soft sand here in montauk. If the pilot was only 2 inches higher it would be just as good as a 4 runner. I also took the engine cow off. More air around the engine to keep it cool

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats. It is a great SUV. I love my 2017 EX-L.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts