Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got brand new 2021 pilot se ... while I am driving home form the dealer first time I heard clunk noise at ~30 MPH ... I didn't think about it .... 2nd day I heard it again and I didn't care about it ...3rd day I heard it twice ... I went to my dealer and they took a look at it but the noise didn't show up and they gave me an appointment after 2 days ... they told me they have to set it there till it cools down...and they will test that day and let me know..
What do I have to do this is my main question?
And can I replace the car any time ... and do I have to document this with them ...
Thank you

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Tell them you were planning to keep this vehicle for at least 200k miles and you want a "for as long as you own it" warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ask them to give you a loaner vehicle that is the same year and see if you can get it to make the same noise you're experiencing ?
Do you mean 🤔 that if it doesn't do the same .... to replace my car ?
Will do thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell them you were planning to keep this vehicle for at least 200k miles and you want a "for as long as you own it" warranty.
I already have the conditional global lifetime warranty on the power train the condition of this Is only to do the maintenance in the honda dealers and recommendations.
But the issue is I not feeling comfortable with this car ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went this morning for service ... they wait till the car cools down... and at this time I drove 3 brand new cars has the same engine and transmission one of them was pasport 2021 ... all of them have the same issue ... after that they drove my car ... and they told me ... the brand new car computer should re-learn to the way that you drive the car ... I had every thing documented.
And the great news that l have my lifetime warranty on the powertrain so I am more conformable now.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
268 Posts
TSB 20-029 was released for a software update that addressed hard up shifts in 2016-2020 Pilots. It does not apply to your 2021 Pilot but the TSB does state that the vehicle must be driven 500 miles before the hard upshift problem can be addressed. If your still experiencing clunks after 500 miles take it back for diagnosis. Most 9 speed owners report very smooth shifting with the 9 speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts