Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just bougth a 2021 black edition , just wondering if anyone here got a black edition too

·
Registered
813 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase! Hope you have a great experience with your new Pilot! How has your ownership with it been so far? How do you like the car? What made you choose the Pilot over the competitors (Explorer,Traverse, Telluride)? Also, welcome to Piloteers.org!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
98 Posts
Welcome! I do.. 2020 Pilot Black Edition.. purchased earlier this year.. Overall, I love the car and hopefully you do too..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on your new purchase! Hope you have a great experience with your new Pilot! How has your ownership with it been so far? How do you like the car? What made you choose the Pilot over the competitors (Explorer,Traverse, Telluride)? Also, welcome to Piloteers.org!
in canada there all awd

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in canada there all awd
i didnt get the carr , i gotta wait 2 week to got it cuz they dont got in inventory, and i choose the pilot cuz i like honda product, used to got 4 in the past 2 civic and now i own a hrv that i replace for the pilot, nedd more space for the family,i know that with the pilot i dont get a lot a trouble instead of the competitors,

·
Registered
813 Posts
i didnt get the carr , i gotta wait 2 week to got it cuz they dont got in inventory, and i choose the pilot cuz i like honda product, used to got 4 in the past 2 civic and now i own a hrv that i replace for the pilot, nedd more space for the family,i know that with the pilot i dont get a lot a trouble instead of the competitors,
Ahh I understand. Keep us updated on how your ownership goes. So did you custom order a Pilot, or is it just shipping?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
its just shipping , not a custom just a black edition (i think they got less in inventory) they told me they got some delay due of the covid-19

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just got ours 2 weeks ago. Only driven 4 days. 4 days to do full paint correction and ceramic coating on paint, wheels, glass, and headlights/taillights followed by 7 days of curing. Supposed to be fully cured in 3 but I decided to wait just to be extra thorough. Tomorrow will be it’s first wash. I’ll get pictures and post. Also did a debadge, full interior detail and protect, full engine bay coating, Weathertech 3D mats, removed mudflaps (I am definitely in the minority here on mudflaps), and installed K&N cabin and air filters. After tomorrow’s wash it will be ready to take on everyday life. It’s my wife’s car, so all I get to do is stare at it and take care of it. 😜

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got ours 2 weeks ago. Only driven 4 days. 4 days to do full paint correction and ceramic coating on paint, wheels, glass, and headlights/taillights followed by 7 days of curing. Supposed to be fully cured in 3 but I decided to wait just to be extra thorough. Tomorrow will be it’s first wash. I’ll get pictures and post. Also did a debadge, full interior detail and protect, full engine bay coating, Weathertech 3D mats, removed mudflaps (I am definitely in the minority here on mudflaps), and installed K&N cabin and air filters. After tomorrow’s wash it will be ready to take on everyday life. It’s my wife’s car, so all I get to do is stare at it and take care of it. 😜
Paint protection ok but paint correction? Wasn’t ok? Just cant wait to get mine

·
Registered
172 Posts
well, I can't tell you from my own experience it's a very slippery slope. I really regret the day I've discovered what swirls are and hot get rid of them (paint correction). I hope your wife cares about the pilot as much as you do. If not, it'll be a miserable experience.

·
Registered
25 Posts
well, I can't tell you from my own experience it's a very slippery slope. I really regret the day I've discovered what swirls are and hot get rid of them (paint correction). I hope your wife cares about the pilot as much as you do. If not, it'll be a miserable experience.
Things working in my favor. 1. She knows how much time and effort I have already spent on this vehicle to protect it and she respects that. 2. She teaches at a small private school and has plenty of room to park off by herself. 3. She has NEVER minded parking out in the boonies at stores and walking a little extra. 4. I am not what I would call OCD but I am very much a clean FREAK, so I will constantly manage it. 5. I showed her how to use ONR yesterday just to soak and wipe off any bird droppings she might notice. She "seems" to be down with this step. LOL!!!. Anyway, when it's all said and done, it's just a car and it will be our "lived in" car (my Tacoma is a 2008 and I just passed 75K on it) so I expect it to not remain perfect. Our 2012 Ody, which I will be primarily driving after our son starts driving in February, just passed 160K miles on it and just had the timing belt and alternator replaced and runs like a top. I expect it to take me past 200K before I decide to upgrade. All I can do is my best to try and maintain it properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts