Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I was shopping for the Pilot I had a very difficult time finding even decent pictures of the vehicle other than the same 5-6 stock photos plastered everywhere. So I decided to take some (fairly) exhaustive pics of the vehicle. I tried to get a few exterior angles but I really wanted to show the interior and other areas. I am sure I missed a few areas and if need be I would be happy to get those for anybody who would like them.
Anyway, just bought this Pilot for my wife a tad over 2 weeks ago (9/23) and it went almost directly to the detailer for a full application of System X Diamond (an 8+ year coating for new vehicles) on all paint/plastics (body molding, engine bay, wheel wells, etc...)/wheels/glass/headlights and taillights. Pretty happy with the application. I鈥檝e found a few little mistakes, but nothing that鈥檚 really worth taking it back and having corrected. Since this is a brand new paint job and I opted for the dealer NOT to wash it before delivery it had almost no initial swirls/halos/love marks on it. So it only needed a 1 step paint correction. I debadged the rear but left the front badge on the grill. It was going to be a pain to remove and my wife kind of likes it. 馃檮 The Pilot got its first car wash yesterday and it was simply a quick contamination wash. Unfortunately I did not get an opportunity after the wash yesterday to get pics. So all of the pics are taken after a full day of driving yesterday and there is a very fine coat of dust on the car. Still looks nice though
I tried to get a multitude of pics of the different menus on the dash screen for those interested. I鈥檝e provided links to 2 galleries and a video showing the coating.
Part 1

Part 2

Video of Ceramic Coating (fat finger warning at beginning)

Registered
Oh my god! It literally looks like a mirror! That right there is one beautiful BE. How much did your ceramic coating cost?

Registered
OH MAN! I love the clean look on the back with all the badging removed as I didn't understand why they made a black edition but still used Chrome lettering on the back... wished they would have used black atleast... I may have to remove mine as its 2020.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH MAN! I love the clean look on the back with all the badging removed as I didn't understand why they made a black edition but still used Chrome lettering on the back... wished they would have used black atleast... I may have to remove mine as its 2020.
I鈥檓 definitely not a fan of chrome.

Registered
Were the tinted rear lights OEM or did you do it separately? Either way it looks really nice. Those lights make me jealous lol. I sorta want to get my taillights tinted on my Pilot now. I'm not a fan of getting completely smoked lights on a car, but just slightly tinted look soo nice:love:.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were the tinted rear lights OEM or did you do it separately? Either way it looks really nice. Those lights make me jealous lol. I sorta want to get my taillights tinted on my Pilot now. I'm not a fan of getting completely smoked lights on a car, but just slightly tinted look soo nice:love:.
Sorry man, but the lights are not tinted at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts