Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot Black Edition
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my wife and I are picking up a '21 Black Edition this weekend for ~42K and I'm stoked. Was wondering if there were any must-have accessories or mods that y'all would recommend? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am adding running boards, Cellphone Mount, Hood deflector and window deflectors to my black edition. I will post a picture when everything is installed this weekend.

Below is how mine currently looks with the snows on but I will switch to summers this weekend along with adding the aforementioned items. I'll post an after pic as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Definitely adding the lighted running boards, tow package and roof rails. We've got 2 large dogs and a newborn so we need all the hauling capacity we can squeeze into this thing.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Consider replacing the donut spare tire with a full size which matches the tire size and wheel. I added a 20 inch tire and wheel to my 2019 Touring AWD for peace of mind since we do driving vacations. There is room under there to do so.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am adding running boards, Cellphone Mount, Hood deflector and window deflectors to my black edition. I will post a picture when everything is installed this weekend.

Below is how mine currently looks with the snows on but I will switch to summers this weekend along with adding the aforementioned items. I'll post an after pic as well.
Oh, while I’m thinking about it, did they fix the issues with the infotainment systems? The popping/static sounds and the crashes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am looking at rear view mirror dash displays that go over the stock rear view mirror - there are so many options on Amazon - haven't found the right one yet but I would think that is a good investment if you like the extra visibility e.g., like the right turn signal camera the 2016 Pilot models have ( I have a 2016 Pilot AWD Touring) and love the extra visibility.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Consider replacing the donut spare tire with a full size which matches the tire size and wheel. I added a 20 inch tire and wheel to my 2019 Touring AWD for peace of mind since we do driving vacations. There is room under there to do so.
Good suggestion

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
40 Posts
Oh, while I’m thinking about it, did they fix the issues with the infotainment systems? The popping/static sounds and the crashes?
Yes. There is a TSB for it. If you start suffering from that issue (I would imagine the 2021 models by now should come fixed from factory, but who knows) the dealer should be able to get it fixed pretty quickly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would become an expert at polishing clear coat. I owned one black car and when I so much as looked at it, it scratched. Shows all dirt. Get familiar with the two bucket wash system.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would become an expert at polishing clear coat. I owned one black car and when I so much as looked at it, it scratched. Shows all dirt. Get familiar with the two bucket wash system.
My other car is a '19 Civic Hatch Sport Touring in Crystal Black Pearl, so I know all too well the pain of cleaning! lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just picked up the 21 white black edition and added a few things. I got the metal side steps with line x material. The cross bars. Tow hitch and had the cover painted gloss black to match the paint. Next is the wheels and all terrain tires with a lift. Eventually roof basket for a more overlander look to it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just picked up the 21 white black edition and added a few things. I got the metal side steps with line x material. The cross bars. Tow hitch and had the cover painted gloss black to match the paint. Next is the wheels and all terrain tires with a lift. Eventually roof basket for a more overlander look to it.
The OEM sidesteps? Got a link to which ones you went with? We ended up walking out with the 5K# towing package, roof crossbars, 3rd row seat covers for dogs, and midsize roofbox. Wanted the sidesteps but the lighted versions only come with chrome…

·
Registered
25 Posts
The OEM sidesteps? Got a link to which ones you went with? We ended up walking out with the 5K# towing package, roof crossbars, 3rd row seat covers for dogs, and midsize roofbox. Wanted the sidesteps but the lighted versions only come with chrome…
I went with the honda
Running Boards, Die Cast
Part Number:
08L33-TG7-100F you can't get them with the lights even the accessory light would not work with them. My last one I bought the ones with light but this car i was going a different look for it this picture is off the internet not my car. They are heavy and could feel the difference driving with my kids in the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went with the honda
Running Boards, Die Cast
Part Number:
08L33-TG7-100F you can't get them with the lights even the accessory light would not work with them. My last one I bought the ones with light but this car i was going a different look for it this picture is off the internet not my car. They are heavy and could feel the difference driving with my kids in the car. View attachment 148340
Okay cool, those were the ones I was looking at. I'm currently stuck deciding between those and these. I prefer the OEM branding, etc but the Aries almost look higher quality.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Okay cool, those were the ones I was looking at. I'm currently stuck deciding between those and these. I prefer the OEM branding, etc but the Aries almost look higher quality.
Those do look nice. I am trying to stick with honda brand products. But the die cast ones are very sturdy. I'm a heavy guy so the flex on the other ones I was like yeah they hold but I don't like it. These are stiff and I like the non slip material the only problem is you need to use a high pressure washer to clean them No rags. These are next on my list.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those do look nice. I am trying to stick with honda brand products. But the die cast ones are very sturdy. I'm a heavy guy so the flex on the other ones I was like yeah they hold but I don't like it. These are stiff and I like the non slip material the only problem is you need to use a high pressure washer to clean them No rags. These are next on my list. View attachment 148344
Noted, I dig the texture on the Honda boards too, and I have a pressure washer so I'd be good there. Those wheels are slick, are they OEM or just aftermarket with the caps popped in?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Noted, I dig the texture on the Honda boards too, and I have a pressure washer so I'd be good there. Those wheels are slick, are they OEM or just aftermarket with the caps popped in?
Those are oem Ridgeline accessory wheels. They are the same as the hfp gold wheels but in black. They are a 45 offset compared to the 55 pilot wheels. So they will bring it out a little closer to the fender.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I missed that another MDer joined the forum... my apologies!

Welcome from Harford County!

Sharp looking Civic hatch, I'd love to see more pictures of it and the Pilot. As far as accessories, what's your intended use? For a family hauler there are things like side steps, roof rack and hitch for cargo carrying capabilities.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I missed that another MDer joined the forum... my apologies!

Welcome from Harford County!

Sharp looking Civic hatch, I'd love to see more pictures of it and the Pilot. As far as accessories, what's your intended use? For a family hauler there are things like side steps, roof rack and hitch for cargo carrying capabilities.
Thanks! I'll see if I can get some newer shots this weekend after the tint goes on. lol As far as the Pilot, it's going to be my daily driver and the family road-tripper. We ended up picking up the towing package with ATF cooler, roof rack crossbars, mid size roofbox, 3rd row seat covers (for the dogs) and the highwall all-season mats. Ordered the illuminated door sills and running boards from online dealers since I can install those myself.

The seat destroyers:
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn Dog Vertebrate Carnivore Dog breed Floor Dog Dog breed Carnivore Plant Fawn Sky Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore

1 - 20 of 25 Posts