Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Regarding the transmission issues in the touring package Pilots, I seem to recall 2015-2017 ish, have these been since resolved. Any issues with the transmission in a 2020 year model Touring ?

Thank you

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Hello

Regarding the transmission issues in the touring package Pilots, I seem to recall 2015-2017 ish, have these been since resolved. Any issues with the transmission in a 2020 year model Touring ?

Thank you
6-speeds had issues and still must be careful. Get frequent ATF changes.
I don't know of any 9-speed issues other than complaints about the cost to service it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Still a few complaints about harsh shifting with the 9 speed transmission, even on the 2019 model....Honda has a TSB that re-calibrates the software for the shifting harshness. Those who have had it done reported it is much better.

Here is the TSB for the 2019 Pilot and Passport, as posted by Daltongang. Originally TSB 19-124 was issued for the Odyssey only then TSB 20-029 was issued to include the Pilot and Passport

2019 9 Speed Harsh Shift

You can read more with reply 687-688 on this linked post about the 9 speed transmission

9 Speed Transmission

·
Registered
813 Posts
The cost to service the 9 speed is higher than the 6 speed, but besides that, the 9 speed is a great transmission. I was able to feel the shifts of my 9 speed for about the first 1000 miles, but now I’m at 1,500 miles and I don’t even notice when it shifts. Only thing is that when you shift from reverse to drive or vice versa, it’s really tempting to shift the car before it stopped moving with the push button transmission.

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
OP asking about 2020. Any concerns with the transmission now?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't know about the 2020 models but my 2019 Touring would randomly have bad shifts at 33mph. Had it back to the dealer three times. On the third time (last month) they said a new software was available for the transmission controller. I had that installed and the vehicle shifts great now. Very smooth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts