Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2020 Touring AWD 9 spd trans Warning Messages

673 4
Hello all, I am new to the Piloteers forum. Last night my wife and I were driving home from dinner out and all of a sudden warning messages appeared with the engine light symbol and flashing D. The messages were:
"Transition System Problem"
"Emissions System Problem"
"Blind Spot Info System Problem"
Needless to say we pulled over as soon as we could and read the message displays and became very nervous about continued driving as the messages stated "Engine not operating properly and Limit your driving and visit the dealer asap." So since we have roadside assist with our insurance, we had it towed to the dealer. Of course this happens on Saturday evening so it is closed and will be closed Sunday--father's day too. The wait is on until we here something Monday.
So my question is WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT THE ISSUE(S) TO BE? I have read some posting on this forum about new transmissions being needed, torque converter replacement, trans pressure switch etc. I am just hoping to hear a fresh response since most of the things I have read were related to older model years. I am nervous about the news to come? Should I be prepared for really bad news? The car has 49,000 miles so the 60/60000 powertrain warranty should still be in play for us.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Home of the 306k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
14,945 Posts
Hello Todd,
If your still under warranty, your at the right place.
What is the year model and trim level?
Did you purchase the vehicle new?

Often times one issue can cause multiple lights to appear, so it’s likely it’s just a single issue and not all those warning lights is a problem.

Just the way you described things, my gut tells me that it could be an oil pressure sensor switch issue. This can throw the vehicle into limp mode. If your not someone who DIYs, you did the right thing to park it and get help. An OBD II scanner will be used to retrieve the trouble code.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply grease. It's a 2020 Touring with 49k miles. So I have power train warranty but not regular warranty which expire 3/36. I hope it is a simple solution like you say. Waiting to hear from the service dept. Thx again.

· Registered
Home of the 306k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
14,945 Posts
Please let us know what the trouble and fix was. Ty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.