Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 2020 Pilot. We were in a hurry to buy the car and head out for a quick vacation and didn’t look at the car super carefully.

Once we were home, I noticed all the window trim had various levels of scraping. You can’t feel the scrapes, but they are present on most of the drivers side trim and lightly on the passenger side.

The dealership is saying “this is normal” and they could fix it, but it would happen again so why bother.

Has anyone seen this? We had the car 3 days and 400 miles. We had not run it through a wash, or such.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No trying to hijack this thread. But i want to take the trim off especially the one on the front driver side. Anybody knows how to take it out?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase! A car detailer might be able to get rid of those scratches. Also weren't the window trim gloss black or is that only on higher trims?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Unfortunately that area is rather soft and easy to scuff. It can be buffed out, but as the dealer said it will return and won't take long to do it either. I use 303 Protectant on the black plastic surfaces of my 2020 and I also applied it to the window trim areas. Not perfect, but it did hide the scuffing and made them look better. That trim on my Tacoma was actually a vinyl stick on with paint underneath. I removed it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Worth a shot to see if the light scratches can be buffed with some polish, though make sure not to use anything too coarse. Might be worth to ceramic coat this area to prevent future scratches.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It would be nice if more companies would put better materials on the pillar. The Aston Martin DBX is a car I can think of off the top of my head. That uses glass on the pillars instead of plastic or piano black like other cars. Since more automakers are cost cutting as much as they can, that might just be a dream :(

·
Registered
125 Posts
I PPF'd all the A and B pillars. Find a place that'll sell you those cutouts specific to your vehicle. Easy diy project. Should hide the scratches quite nicely.

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
144 Posts
WTF, new car, huh? Shouldn’t scratch up that easily, though.
PS: Subaru used to put plastic decals over these pillars to keep them nice and black, not sure if they still do.

·
Registered
125 Posts
WTF, new car, huh? Shouldn’t scratch up that easily, though.
PS: Subaru used to put plastic decals over these pillars to keep them nice and black, not sure if they still do.
Yep, Honda quality.

Reactions: Sha93

·
Registered
259 Posts
The trim parts scratch easily, but if the dealer cared they could easily wash it without causing damage. I mean, it takes a little abrasion to make chrome look like that on a brand new car. My 2020 doesn't have any of those marks (yet).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts