Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just received 2 recall notices. I’ve had my pilot for 6 weeks. Honda already had my pilot for one of those weeks repairing the wire harness. I wish I bought the Infiniti

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
One is a simple plug in software update. Don’t know what your other one is. Had two on my 2020 Passport. First one was to change out the vehicle safety sticker. Apparently there were a batch that were printed with non permanent ink. This one is the same as yours, a software update.

But then you could be sitting at the Infinity dealership while they fix faulty seat belts. Every vehicle has recalls At some point or another.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One is a simple plug in software update. Don’t know what your other one is. Had two on my 2020 Passport. First one was to change out the vehicle safety sticker. Apparently there were a batch that were printed with non permanent ink. This one is the same as yours, a software update.

But then you could be sitting at the Infinity dealership while they fix faulty seat belts. Every vehicle has recalls At some point or another.
- I’ve owned 7 Honda’s . To say I’m disappointed in this most recent purchase is an understatement . I called Honda Corp and they hung up on me. They treat their customers like crap. This is my last one. They are living off of their “quality” reputation of the last. Not impressed

·
Registered
128 Posts
- I’ve owned 7 Honda’s . To say I’m disappointed in this most recent purchase is an understatement . I called Honda Corp and they hung up on me. They treat their customers like crap. This is my last one. They are living off of their “quality” reputation of the last. Not impressed
Your situation almost mirrors mine. Stopped drinking their "cultish" kool-aid this year and will never look back. Ok, I get that most car manufacturers will try to deny liability. If that's the case, I will mitigate this by buying as "reliable" a vehicle as is possible. In this case, it's Toyota going forward.

Reactions: Sha93

·
Administrator
4,878 Posts
Took 47 minutes from the time I drove into the shop until the time they pulled it out of the car wash. Pretty painless recall In my book.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took 47 minutes from the time I drove into the shop until the time they pulled it out of the car wash. Pretty painless recall In my book.
- my wife was driving down the interstate and the dash went black. In the dark. she had no idea how fast she was going. A popping crackling sound developed. She called me freaking out. It’s her $40k new vehicle. She doesn’t feel safe driving it any more. . Honda had my 3 week old pilot for a week to fix. Now 2 new recalls. I got 800 miles on it. Not impressed.

·
Registered
813 Posts
- my wife was driving down the interstate and the dash went black. In the dark. she had no idea how fast she was going. A popping crackling sound developed. She called me freaking out. It’s her $40k new vehicle. She doesn’t feel safe driving it any more. . Honda had my 3 week old pilot for a week to fix. Now 2 new recalls. I got 800 miles on it. Not impressed.
Did you try the new software update? It said it’s supposed to fix those exact issues.

·
Registered
813 Posts
- they re-wired the entire vehicle and installed a new wire harness and Pins.
People said they still had the issue even after that. You should try to update it if it’s available. Your car is pretty new so they could’ve installed the update from the factory, but you can still try. You have to connect your car to your home WiFi and there will be a little notification every time you start your car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
People said they still had the issue even after that. You should try to update it if it’s available. Your car is pretty new so they could’ve installed the update from the factory, but you can still try. You have to connect your car to your home WiFi and there will be a little notification every time you start your car.
- thanks! I appreciate that. Yes, I’m making arrangements with the dealership to get both recalls taken care of. Just disappointed in Honda.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry bro, you're missing the point.
- not at all. They already had my 3 week vehicle for a Week. Now I get hit with 2 new recalls. Here’s the point: the quality on these vehicles stink. Honda is not the “quality” company it used to be. I got 800 miles on a 40k vehicle and it’s about to go back into the shop again. What’s next?

·
Registered
526 Posts
- not at all. They already had my 3 week vehicle for a Week. Now I get hit with 2 new recalls. Here’s the point: the quality on these vehicles stink. Honda is not the “quality” company it used to be. I got 800 miles on a 40k vehicle and it’s about to go back into the shop again. What’s next?
I totally agreed with you,

I "quoted" Daltongangs comment.

·
Administrator
4,878 Posts
Sorry bro, you're missing the point.
Actually I'm not.

Find me a vehicle manufacturer that hasn't had a recall since 2020 January 1 of this year. Every maker has problems with various components. Some are simple fixes, both of mine were. Some are not. Yes it can be frustrating, yes it takes time, but if you want to minimize the issues then quite wanting all the latest and greatest.

Buy a vehicle with a manual transmission, then the only rough shifting issues is your inability to drive a stick shift. Don't want door lock or window issues, get one with crank windows and pull locks. That can fix AC problems as well, because you can use the 4X60 AC system instead of buying one that's under the hood. Seat problems are very minimal with manually adjusted seats. I can solve you infotainment system problem, buy a good road atlas, they still make them, and then buy a car with a simple am/fm radio and be happy with listening to whatever stations you can receive.

These aren't cars any longer, they are very complex computers that do at times have issues. That's life.

In what ever you do to support you and your family, have you ever made a mistake, had to go back and change, or fix something for a customer? If so does that mean you suck at what you do? Does it mean that your quality of work is crap? Does it make you just another "stealership" when you have a new product or addition to whatever it is you do and don't give it away for free?

Sometime bad things happen to good people. If you think that you are going to go through life and not be one of those people at one point or another then if you haven't had that rude awakening moment, then it will come, just be patient. And yes I have had issues with vehicles over the years and yes they has been frustrating at times, but I have lived through them.

If the OP is that upset then perhaps they should pursue a lemon law approach, but bitching and moaning on a forum isn't going to solve the problem.

FYI. If you look at the Honda Owners site you well see that the two recalls are:

2018-21 Multimodel Gauge Control Module SW Update Noncompliance
2019-20 Multimodel Front Control Box OTA Update Noncompliance
Both are software updates.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually I'm not.

Find me a vehicle manufacturer that hasn't had a recall since 2020 January 1 of this year. Every maker has problems with various components. Some are simple fixes, both of mine were. Some are not. Yes it can be frustrating, yes it takes time, but if you want to minimize the issues then quite wanting all the latest and greatest.

Buy a vehicle with a manual transmission, then the only rough shifting issues is your inability to drive a stick shift. Don't want door lock or window issues, get one with crank windows and pull locks. That can fix AC problems as well, because you can use the 4X60 AC system instead of buying one that's under the hood. Seat problems are very minimal with manually adjusted seats. I can solve you infotainment system problem, buy a good road atlas, they still make them, and then buy a car with a simple am/fm radio and be happy with listening to whatever stations you can receive.

These aren't cars any longer, they are very complex computers that do at times have issues. That's life.

In what ever you do to support you and your family, have you ever made a mistake, had to go back and change, or fix something for a customer? If so does that mean you suck at what you do? Does it mean that your quality of work is crap? Does it make you just another "stealership" when you have a new product or addition to whatever it is you do and don't give it away for free?

Sometime bad things happen to good people. If you think that you are going to go through life and not be one of those people at one point or another then if you haven't had that rude awakening moment, then it will come, just be patient. And yes I have had issues with vehicles over the years and yes they has been frustrating at times, but I have lived through them.

If the OP is that upset then perhaps they should pursue a lemon law approach, but bitching and moaning on a forum isn't going to solve the problem.

FYI. If you look at the Honda Owners site you well see that the two recalls are:

- the blackout and crackling issue has been going on for 2 + years. Honda has not corrected their error. Honda needs to man up and fix the issue . They denied there was a problem until hundreds and hundreds of angry owners flooded these forums informed on what’s going on. I respect your loyalty to this company. But ask yourself.... have they been loyalty to their customers ?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
If I was driving on Interstate and nobody was passing me and I was not passing anybody.......I would say I was going with the flow. What has happened to common sense/logic.?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If I was driving on Interstate and nobody was passing me and I was not passing anybody.......I would say I was going with the flow. What has happened to common sense/logic.?
You’re right- totally acceptable for this to happen on a brand new 40k vehicle.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Actually I'm not.

Wish I had my 64 Grand Prix back. Convert the drums to disks, radial tires & I'm set.

·
Administrator
4,878 Posts
- the blackout and crackling issue has been going on for 2 + years. Honda has not corrected their error. Honda needs to man up and fix the issue . They denied there was a problem until hundreds and hundreds of angry owners flooded these forums informed on what’s going on. I respect your loyalty to this company. But ask yourself.... have they been loyalty to their customers ?
Do you really think that Honda pays attention to a forum that is part of a group who's business is to host forums. VerticalScope Inc., the host of this and virtually every other vehicle forum out there on the inter web has no relationship to Honda or any other manufacturer. They are in it to make money, hence the ads and subscriptions to delete the ads.

Honda pays attention when customers come to Honda with problems they have encountered and they can reproduce the issue. Yes that is an important part of the problem is reproducing the issue. I had my own infotainment issue in a 2013 Pilot. Honda couldn't reproduce the issue but I had photos of the screen. Long story short, they took the issue seriously, called Honda technical and did fix the problem after a two attempts.

A previous poster asked a simple question, have you installed the infotainment update that is supposed to solve the problem?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts