Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello piloteers

Has anyone added heating steering to a touring model? Does it work well? What’s a good price to pay at the dealer?

lighter running boards? Good price for addon?

I do not want aftermarket.

thank you for any advice

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hello piloteers

Has anyone added heating steering to a touring model? Does it work well? What’s a good price to pay at the dealer?

lighter running boards? Good price for addon?

I do not want aftermarket.

thank you for any advice
I added the heated SW to my 2018 Odyssey myself & it took about 2 hours. When I bought the 2019 EX-L Pilot, I had the dealer throw in the heated SW as part of the sales deal. Took the dealer 4 hours+ to do the install. You can price the kit on Bernardi Honda or College Hills Honda and see if your dealer will price match. As to how it works - it's great! Plenty warm, but never so hot that I have to turn it off. It defaults to off on a restart, so you need to tap the on/off button to turn it back on after a restart. My Pilot doesn't have the auto stop/start feature that your Touring has, but I think the start/stop doesn't turn off any of the accessories when it shuts the engine down. Don't buy a used one from Ebay, as there are a lot of parts(cable reel, harness, relays, etc) that need to be installed or replaced, and I doubt you would get the complete kit from an Ebay seller that pulled the wheel from a junkyard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I added the heated SW to my 2018 Odyssey myself & it took about 2 hours. When I bought the 2019 EX-L Pilot, I had the dealer throw in the heated SW as part of the sales deal. Took the dealer 4 hours+ to do the install. You can price the kit on Bernardi Honda or College Hills Honda and see if your dealer will price match. As to how it works - it's great! Plenty warm, but never so hot that I have to turn it off. It defaults to off on a restart, so you need to tap the on/off button to turn it back on after a restart. My Pilot doesn't have the auto stop/start feature that your Touring has, but I think the start/stop doesn't turn off any of the accessories when it shuts the engine down. Don't buy a used one from Ebay, as there are a lot of parts(cable reel, harness, relays, etc) that need to be installed or replaced, and I doubt you would get the complete kit from an Ebay seller that pulled the wheel from a junkyard.
it says 500 on Honda website so its probably a good thing to ask for last minute and walk away and see what happens. Glad to hear it works well

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
98 Posts
If you're a Costco Member they have 15% discount on parts and accessories but only on select dealerships in your area. They should have flyers in the warehouse explaining that or you can learn more from their website.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the steering wheel the same as the original?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Exactly the same, except for on/off button next to the cruise control buttons.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Exactly the same, except for on/off button next to the cruise control buttons.
That would be the Heated SW on/off button I was referring to. You retain the same buttons that are on the left side of the wheel, and the paddle shifters and, of course, the airbag are transferred to the Heated SW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts