Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this car a month ago and having a love hate relationship mostly because I don’t feel it has that kick that room when I accelerate. Living in a hill with fast traffic when i reverse and switch back to drive I feel like the car takes too long to kick up the hill and fear the car coming up will hit me because of the delay.. anyone experience this? I tried both eco mode and taking off eco and does the same thing Iam about to film it...

Also the collision braking system concerns me my Mazda CX-5 used to brake on its on if I got close to my tree this one doesn’t just blinks object detected!! Not liking that either.. I have also gotten close to other cars and don’t feel that brake either!! Just wondering if it’s a certain speed or number to number traffic just looking for thoughts thanks ..

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
The Pilot with the 9 speed is one of the fastest vehicles in the segment... you may need a Durango RT or Explorer Sport to satisfy your acceleration needs.

I'm sorry, I have a '15 so I can't comment on the safety systems in the 3rd gen Pilots, just that I would turn them off.

Reactions: Tourist2012

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just got this car a month ago and having a love hate relationship mostly because I don’t feel it has that kick that room when I accelerate. Living in a hill with fast traffic when i reverse and switch back to drive I feel like the car takes too long to kick up the hill and fear the car coming up will hit me because of the delay.. anyone experience this? I tried both eco mode and taking off eco and does the same thing Iam about to film it...

Also the collision braking system concerns me my Mazda CX-5 used to brake on its on if I got close to my tree this one doesn’t just blinks object detected!! Not liking that either.. I have also gotten close to other cars and don’t feel that brake either!! Just wondering if it’s a certain speed or number to number traffic just looking for thoughts thanks ..
I hope you’re not joking. Or you’re just being gentle on the pedal. Your Pilot does 0-60 mph in 6.3 seconds! The Durango will do that in 4.6. The Maxda CX-5 will do it in 6.4. For a vehicle that size, that should be enough to merge quickly into fast traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope you’re not joking. Or you’re just being gentle on the pedal. Your Pilot does 0-60 mph in 6.3 seconds! The Durango will do that in 4.6. The Maxda CX-5 will do it in 6.4. For a vehicle that size, that should be enough to merge quickly into fast traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not joking maybe I am being to delicate on the petal my husband has a Jeep and a gentle tap it goes so still trying to get used to the car just trying to get insight thanks for your reply...

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Give it the beans and lets us know... these things are quicker than they have any right to be. My mom has a Jeep and I can say her gas pedal is more "touchy" so it feels peppier but in reality it's not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts