Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 PilotTouring
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. We purchased a slightly used touring FWD recently. Wanting to get a 1/2 inch drive socket that fits the lug nuts. A 7/8 inch is a little loose. Can someone here tell me the metric size?
I like to carry a long breakover bar with socket to fit nuts. I believe Johnson (Lyndon) was president last time I had to bust nuts loose on side of The road, but it does not hurt to be prepared.
Thank you.
Martin sending.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Greetings. We purchased a slightly used touring FWD recently. Wanting to get a 1/2 inch drive socket that fits the lug nuts. A 7/8 inch is a little loose. Can someone here tell me the metric size?
I like to carry a long breakover bar with socket to fit nuts. I believe Johnson (Lyndon) was president last time I had to bust nuts loose on side of The road, but it does not hurt to be prepared.
Thank you.
Martin sending.
Honda Pilot Lug Nut Torque Specs And Sizes (2004 – 2020) | 21 Cylinders
1/2 in. Drive 25 in. Breaker Bar (harborfreight.com)

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2015 is 22mm, and if 7/8 is slightly too big it should be 22mm.

22mm=.866142 inches.
7/8 inch = .875

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,178 Posts
Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,324 Posts
Good to be prepared.

Last time I had an unexpected flat on the road it was within two week of buying a Land Rover. I had no idea where the jack and tools were. Thank god for paper owners manuals.....
BTW it was night time, post snow storm under an overpass with no street lights, in pre cell phone days......

But I got it done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts