Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Touring
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just traded my 2018 CR-V Touring for a 2020 Pilot Touring. In the CR-V, if I wanted to listen to music on the flash drive, it would play music alphabetically by file name from whatever folder I selected. All of my MP3 file names are numbered within the folder chronologically like so:

So in the CR-V, it would play the first file, in this case 01 - Heat of the Moment.mp3. The Pilot, however, sorts alphabetically by title within the mp3's tag info. So while the CR-V woulf play "Heat of the Moment", the Pilot will play 40 - After All.mp3 because alphabetically, the John Wetton song "After All" is alphabetically the first song because the Pilot wants to play songs alphabetically by song title within the folder's mp3 tags.

I cannot find a setting to tell the Pilot's "infotainment" system to sort songs by file name rather than by title within the tag. I can't find anything online, either. I have tried using DriveSort to sort by file name, but the Pilot keeps wanting to sort songs by tag title info rather than file name.

Any solutions?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Touring
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found a better program that did the trick. SD Sorter. Very similar to DriveSort, but when I sorted the flash drive with this program, the Pilot was able to play songs by file name. SD Sorter can be found here: SD Sorter - Official Page.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts