Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a 2020 Pilot Touring. I love it, it has all of the features I ever wanted! After all the wheeling and dealing was completed I didn't inspect the interior as thoroughly as I should have since it was already nighttime. I made sure the exterior was perfect though. With 4 miles on it, how many people could have driven in it anyway?

Next day I find (pictures added below) :

1. Black / brownish smudge marks on the passenger front headrest, all over it, front and back, as if a dirty bag was wrapped around it. Repair mark in leather is present as well.

2. Black smudges throughout the center bench seats and front of the rear center arm rest.

3. Anomaly in the leather grain on right rear center bench seat, like a rough spot in the leather, possibly a repair, which casts a shadow at certain angles and looks like a stain, but it cannot be removed.

I was able to get some of the smudge marks out of the bench seat with a variety of leather cleaners but the headrest will not clean with any method.
The arm rest also cleaned up a bit but not perfectly.

Has anyone experienced this on their Pilot? I am pretty disappointed with a new vehicle that already needs some interior detailing. I think this is the fault of the seat manufacturer and Honda's quality control. I am hoping Honda replaces the parts that are defective and cannot be cleaned. Is this reasonable?

I am going in for a warranty claim and hope Honda pulls through on this. What do you think?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Some greasy driver / mechanic / lot-boy must have left you a present....

I don't blame you one bit - that looks totally unacceptable for a brand new $50,000.00+ car!

·
Registered
241 Posts
With a name like “Tanner” he’s probably a subject matter expert. Seriously, I agree. The vehicle could not have left the factory looking like that. It must have been soiled by someone at the dealership. They should make sure you are fully satisfied with the state of the vehicle considering you just purchased it.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
The vehicle could not have left the factory looking like that. It must have been soiled by someone at the dealership.
Or, it could possibly have been done by whoever drove the vehicle on or off the delivery truck (or train) en route from the factory to the dealer.
However, the vehicles are usually shipped with protective plastic covers over the seats.
Was this Pilot shipped directly to the dealer from which it was purchased, or was it swapped with another dealer?.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Or, it could possibly have been done by whoever drove the vehicle on or off the delivery truck (or train) en route from the factory to the dealer.
However, the vehicles are usually shipped with protective plastic covers over the seats.
Was this Pilot shipped directly to the dealer from which it was purchased, or was it swapped with another dealer?.
4 miles on it, I haven't seen a lot of "economy car" dealers willing to flatbed transfers, they send some cigarette smoking salesman with a car to trade with that dealer.

OP, sucks this happened, hopefully they take care of you. This is a lesson for all to never assume anything and rush the vehicle home because your case could potentially be that much harder since you left the lot with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked it up from the lot, apparently it just got in according to the dealer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4 miles on it, I haven't seen a lot of "economy car" dealers willing to flatbed transfers, they send some cigarette smoking salesman with a car to trade with that dealer.

OP, sucks this happened, hopefully they take care of you. This is a lesson for all to never assume anything and rush the vehicle home because your case could potentially be that much harder since you left the lot with it.
Yeah totally agree, much harder now after the fact which is why I contacted Honda ASAP once I found the stains. I'll let everyone know what happens.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to follow up, Honda warrantied the headrest. The rear center console was denied since I did a really good job cleaning it before my warranty appointment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts