Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I purchased a new 2020 Pilot a month ago and right away I noticed the vehicle was pulling hard to the right. On a straight stretch of road I would be crossing the yellow line within 3 seconds.
Initially, the dealership identified this was a problem and the service manager came to the conclusion that they couldn’t fix the problem. I then received information from the general manager that actually there wasn’t a problem because the vehicle works the same as other new Pilot’s.
I was very disappointed with their opinion and after two days of owning this vehicle I asked to return it only to be told they don’t do that.
I then went to another Honda dealership and after a number of test drives the service manager agreed that my vehicle pulls hard to the right. I asked him to email myself and Honda Canada this information. Upon review of the email he stated pulling to the right is a characteristic of the Honda Pilot and mine is within the range and there is no problem.
Honda Canada and the dealerships are trying to not have to address this issue and it is not fair to customers. Please reach out to me if you have had similar concerns with you Pilot.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 Pilot that was also pulling to one side. Driving with the steering wheel straight, I’d also be off the road in a few seconds. The vehicle turned right very easily but I had to somewhat fight it to turn left.

I brought the vehicle in for an alignment and the pulling drastically improved as well as steering response. It turned out the toe for both front wheels were out of specifications with the right wheel significantly so.

I would suggest performing and alignment but if you raised the issue with the dealer, they should’ve already ruled that out... Maybe confirm with the dealer the alignment is within factory specifications.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, bought mine on February 12th and they are telling me the same thing. You can't use Lane assist because it pulls you off the road to the right and without it also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I purchased a new 2020 Pilot a month ago and right away I noticed the vehicle was pulling hard to the right. On a straight stretch of road I would be crossing the yellow line within 3 seconds.
Initially, the dealership identified this was a problem and the service manager came to the conclusion that they couldn’t fix the problem. I then received information from the general manager that actually there wasn’t a problem because the vehicle works the same as other new Pilot’s.
I was very disappointed with their opinion and after two days of owning this vehicle I asked to return it only to be told they don’t do that.
I then went to another Honda dealership and after a number of test drives the service manager agreed that my vehicle pulls hard to the right. I asked him to email myself and Honda Canada this information. Upon review of the email he stated pulling to the right is a characteristic of the Honda Pilot and mine is within the range and there is no problem.
Honda Canada and the dealerships are trying to not have to address this issue and it is not fair to customers. Please reach out to me if you have had similar concerns with you Pilot.
Thanks

I have the 2020 Elite and it has the same problem, it pulls to the right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here. I bought my 2020 Pilot Elite in February and it pulled to the right. I returned to the dealer and they checked the alignment and sent me away telling me it was normal and it’s just how roads are pitched. I then took it to Firestone for a second opinion and they said the left toe was out and perhaps rotation of the tires would solve it. So back to the dealer I went with the printout and requested the tires to be rotated and the alignment checked. After both of those being done it is better. I’m glad to have found this thread so I know it’s not just me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts