Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2020 Pilot Price paid reports

176K views 458 replies 193 participants last post by  theobject 
#1 ·
Please use this thread to discuss pricing on model year 2020 Pilots ONLY!

How to report your price:

Trim level
AWD or FWD
Factory options selected

MSRP inc delivery
Actual Price Paid before extras
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing)
Tax
Title and other fees
Total

Dealer name, city, state.
Additionally, please share if you traded in a car or not.

Thank you

#2 ·
Trim level: Honda Pilot EX-L
AWD or FWD: FWD
Factory options selected

MSRP inc delivery: $38,955
Actual Price Paid before extras: $35796.53
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing): Propack/backup sensors/wheel locks/bumper applique $1990
Tax: $860.88
Preferred Customer Program Maintenance: $450
Title and other fees:
  • LDEQ Waste Tire Fee: $9
  • Notarial, Documentation & Convenience Fees: $233
  • License, Title, and Registration Fees: $158.50
Total: $39501.91

Dealer name, city, state: Honda of Covington, Covington, LA
Additionally, please share if you traded in a car or not: Traded in 2017 Honda Pilot Touring with ~67,800 miles for $26,500

If I overpaid or got ripped off on trade, please don't tell me because I don't want to know what a fool I may truly be, LOL!

#4 ·
Hi there! Just joined this awesome site...
Just traded my 2016 for a 2020 touring 8 passenger... Getting delivered in 5 days... dealer didn’t have any and had to trade with another dealer. paid sticker price ? I’ll post information when I get the vehicle

#5 ·
When the Black Pilot came out, I knew I wanted to get it. I used the information on the 2019 thread to come up with a price I would be willing to pay. In the end, I sent an email to dealers within 100 miles of my home stating, I am not looking to try to get dealers to play against each other and would be willing to buy today at my stated price. There were a few dealers who said they would not match my price at this time. New car, limited numbers, hot car, people want this, etc. IMHO, unless cars are truly limited by numbers, they really aren't. I just respond nicely saying that if they want to see, here is the price. I had one dealer who said while they can't confirm they would sell me the car in email/txt but if I came in they could 'work with me'. I responded with, long time Honda owner, I use this dealership for my current cars maintenance and would not want to waste anyones time.

In the end, I was able to buy the 2020 Black Pilot at the price I wanted. The experience was very pleasant. I told them up front I don't play games. I went in informed and had my information. I also showed up on Oct 31st so maybe they needed just one more car to hit their number. Of course, I dont know. I also have a background in negotiations for work (buy side) and believe I am pretty good.

$46,728 + Tax Title and License
Doc Fee was $297.50

This is a dealer in Utah and I feel I got a good deal being on how new the car is. I would rather not provide their name of the dealer.

#7 ·
When the Black Pilot came out, I knew I wanted to get it. I used the information on the 2019 thread to come up with a price I would be willing to pay. In the end, I sent an email to dealers within 100 miles of my home stating, I am not looking to try to get dealers to play against each other and would be willing to buy today at my stated price. There were a few dealers who said they would not match my price at this time. New car, limited numbers, hot car, people want this, etc. IMHO, unless cars are truly limited by numbers, they really aren't. I just respond nicely saying that if they want to see, here is the price. I had one dealer who said while they can't confirm they would sell me the car in email/txt but if I came in they could 'work with me'. I responded with, long time Honda owner, I use this dealership for my current cars maintenance and would not want to waste anyones time.

In the end, I was able to buy the 2020 Black Pilot at the price I wanted. The experience was very pleasant. I told them up front I don't play games. I went in informed and had my information. I also showed up on Oct 31st so maybe they needed just one more car to hit their number. Of course, I dont know. I also have a background in negotiations for work (buy side) and believe I am pretty good.

$46,728 + Tax Title and License
Doc Fee was $297.50

This is a dealer in Utah and I feel I got a good deal being on how new the car is. I would rather not provide their name of the dealer.
that number actually looks a bit high. i think you could cut another 500-800 off

#8 ·
This is the deal I'm signing on tomorrow less anybody here advises me to do otherwise...

2020 Touring 7 Passenger
AWD
Captian's Chairs in the 2nd Row

MSRP inc delivery: $46,015
Actual Price Paid before extras: $41,466
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing): None yet.
Tax (NC): $1,243.98
Title and other fees: $482.50 (includes $385 DMV Fee + $75 Dealer Doc Fee + $12.50 NY State Tire Fee + $10 Inspection Fee)
Total: $43,192.48

(I am considering buying an extended warranty. 120K / 8year with a $0 deductible. Pricing I've gotten from various dealerships has ranged from $2554 to $2880 and I'm not yet clear on whether or not this product has set pricing from the manufacturer, or if it varies dealer to dealer. Does anybody know?)

Morehead Honda, Newburgh, New York
No trade-in.

#10 ·
(I am considering buying an extended warranty. 120K / 8year with a $0 deductible. Pricing I've gotten from various dealerships has ranged from $2554 to $2880 and I'm not yet clear on whether or not this product has set pricing from the manufacturer, or if it varies dealer to dealer. Does anybody know?)

Morehead Honda, Newburgh, New York
No trade-in.
Call College Hills Honda I was able to get a 120K/8years for about $1,400. Ask for Tammy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Can't comment on price (but looks okay to me; I was focused on EX-L) -- wanted to say search the threads for online warranty providers. Saccucci and Curry (and others) likely give much better prices online than a local dealer. For EX-L that warranty was < $1500; I don't have the exact number handy. You also don't have to do the Honda Care warranty the day you pick up the vehicle. You can do it as a new vehicle upto (i think) 6K miles; and can add later until your factory warranty expires (although possibly different rates, maybe less favorable).

Also (!) if you go with warranty through local/selling dealer check if it is Honda Care or a third-party warranty. I was shocked when my local dealer offered my a third-party warranty rather than Honda Care. It had some appeal as it was 10yr/150K coverage, but I prefer Honda Care which I had on my Odyssey.

Whether to get a warranty is a topic on many other threads.

Good luck!

#13 ·
Hi everyone! I want to purchase a new 2020 Pilot EX FWD. Would any of you be so kind as to share the details of your approach to getting the best price quotes? Do you just email dealers asking for an OTD price? I have seen many generic email templates for this via google, however I would like to see what you guys use since many of you score outstanding deals.

Also, I'm in southern California but haven't seen many posts on here with prices paid in this market or State. Can anyone contribute/advise?

Thank you!

#14 ·
I research through KBB, Edmunds, NADA, forums (like this), etc. and figure out what I would be willing to pay. Then I like to email all of the local the dealers with what I am looking for and have them send back what is typically called their "e-price or special on- line price." If the number they respond with matches your number then go in face to face and try to negotiate some add-on accessories or just do it. The amount of local inventory and your urgency probably plays the biggest factor. If you have time that's to your benefit but if you want a hard to find model or color you may have to budge. Also, I have found most dealers are tyring to hit numbers at end of month so sitting there at 8 PM on last day of month may get you a great deal so that a bonus quota can be hit (bought a toyota this way 7 years ago, a guy I met through a mutual friend said he would sell to me at no profit to hit a 10 car target for his bonus - ironically his manager had quoted me $1700 higher the week prior and told me rudely that was as low as the dealership would go). Good luck!

#28 ·
Bought 2020 EX AWD for $31,750 + tax and fees, on Black Friday. I started with looking to buy CRV eventually ended up with Pilot instead. I started my search 3 weeks back, did a test drive and liked CRV, Pilot was not on my radar. While doing rate shopping with dealer a little farther than where I live, I hinted for the price they quoted me for 2019 CRV I might just go and get a Highlander instead. So he comes back with a good price on Pilot which I used to negotiate with my local dealer. I went there and we decided on 32,500 with All-weather mats included, unfortunately, they didn't have the color I wanted so I had to wait till they got one. We go on Wednesday before thanksgiving and Honda Finance closed so I could not finalize the purchase, come back home disappointed and I for some reason went to Honda auto site and see that there was new incentive added by honda for thanksgiving which could knock off another $750. When I went back and asked for the loyalty/conquest incentive on Friday they weren't too happy but eventually ended up making the deal at 31,750 w/ All-Weather Mats included.

Overall things worked out in the end for little more money I ended up with 2020 Pilot instead of 2019 CRV, I do own a Highlander so I wasn't looking for Pilot but can't complain how things worked out.

#42 ·
Getting the following in NJ for a 2020 Pilot EX-L AWD, the price for options seem really high but this is the only dealer who's given me a quote with a full breakdown - others are just playing hard ball trying to get me to come in to give me the full breakdown. TrueCar and other sites use to give a full breakdown of MSRP & Invoice $ for the car and all options but seems that's all been taken away now? Can anyone suggest a good price for the car + options - I know the other stuff will vary based on location.

2020 Honda Pilot AWD EXL $36029.00 (includes destination charge)
Dealer doc fee $499.00
Dealer etch fee $189.00
Heated steering wheel $646.00, installed
Crossbars $909.00, installed
Roof rails, silver $637.50, installed
Premium running boards with lights $893.50, installed
Car w/ Options $39,803.00

Amount with sales tax, 6.625% $42.439.95
DMV fee $411.00
NJ tire tax $7.50
Total / OTD $42,858.45

#45 ·
Getting the following in NJ for a 2020 Pilot EX-L AWD, the price for options seem really high but this is the only dealer who's given me a quote with a full breakdown - others are just playing hard ball trying to get me to come in to give me the full breakdown. TrueCar and other sites use to give a full breakdown of MSRP & Invoice $ for the car and all options but seems that's all been taken away now? Can anyone suggest a good price for the car + options - I know the other stuff will vary based on location.

2020 Honda Pilot AWD EXL $36029.00 (includes destination charge)
Dealer doc fee $499.00
Dealer etch fee $189.00
Heated steering wheel $646.00, installed
Crossbars $909.00, installed
Roof rails, silver $637.50, installed
Premium running boards with lights $893.50, installed
Car w/ Options $39,803.00

Amount with sales tax, 6.625% $42.439.95
DMV fee $411.00
NJ tire tax $7.50
Total / OTD $42,858.45
I quoted yesterday from open Road Honda in central NJ on 2020 pilot EX AWD. OTD around $34K no extra except etching and a protection package, which add up to $900 or so on the sheet.
It took about 1 hour to get their bottom line. Still $1k above what I was expecting. Did not buy.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

#49 ·
Some of the prices people are getting here are fantastic. After a lot of back and forth I got this morning a Black Edition for $44,129. It includes their “VIP” package (all weather mats, mud flaps, the transparent film to protect the doors, cargo cover, wheel locks and a couple other things I don‘t really care about... The weather mats and cargo cover are things I wanted though, and the mud flaps are nice to have).

Ericdc10 - That price looks wonderful to me. In my final price they had already taken into account the $750 loyalty discount.

#52 ·
Trim level : 2020 Pilot EXL AWD
MSRP : 40955
Actual Price Paid : 35075
Tax : 2119
Title and other fees : 357
Total : 37795 DOTD + Honda Care 1345(8yr/120k Miles)
Trade in : No
Dealer fitted extras : Nothing

#65 ·
Apologize if I am not doing this right but my wife did way better than I would have on this. I lose patience.

Trim level EX
AWD
Factory options selected none

MSRP inc delivery 37,525
Actual Price Paid before extras 31,000
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing) none
Tax 1,654
Title and other fees 135 insp and reg plus 464 title and doc
Total 33,253

Dealer name, city, state. Herb Chambers MA
Additionally, please share if you traded in a car or not. Traded a 08 Camry 60k miles for 5k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.