Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

361 - 380 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our 2007 LX Pilot just blew a huge leak in the rear main seal. Been shopping around a little bit and was offered this from a local dealer for an EX-L AWD:

$32,869
$1120 freight

$36,668 OTD

Is this a decent price?
I received a quote today for a 2020 Pilot EX-L AWD for $36,987 + tax + fees = $39,918
Sounds like I should continue to negotiate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought my white, Honda Pilot, EXL FWD. I paid $34,410 OTD/check (including Texas TTL.)
No trade-in, but the dealer helped me identify the Loyalty Program because my DAUGHTER has a CRV parked outside and registered to this address!!

Excellent Dealer - 'Honda of Tomball' - Outside of Houston, TX
Excellent Salesperson - E. Hagan
Costco $500 card is coming in 2 weeks!!!
Why are you getting a $500 Costco card? Is that salesman still working there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 Honda Pilot touring 7 passenger
MSPR: $46140
Discount: $5436
Selling price: $40704
Doc fee: $499
I opted for Gap insurance $250
.9% financing 60 months
Applied for $500 Costco cash card.
New Jersey

How did I do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 Pilot Black Edition
MSRP: 50,040
Selling Price: 44,698 ($500 1st Responder Rebate)
Accessories: side welcome lights, tailgate welcome lights, black wheel locks, black lug nuts and rear bumper applique
Taxes: $3,743.47
Title & Other Fees: 297.50

DCH Honda of Nanuet, NY

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purchased yesterday, think we did pretty good (last day of the month)

2020 Honda Pilot Touring 8 Passenger

MSRP: $45,929 (Includes Wheel Locks $89)
Discount: $6,788 (Includes $1,000 Loyalty, didn't qualify for anything else)
Selling price: $39,141
Trade 2016 Pilot EX-L, ~ 95,000 miles @ $15,500
6% Sales Tax $1,418.16
Doc fee: $389 (ouch)
PA Fees: $155.47
Payoff 2016 Honda Pilot $19,774.95 (upside down by $4,274.95)
OTD: $45,378.88

Rolled the 2016 Deficit into 3.24% Financing 84 months through PSECU since we are still under MSRP with payoff (gotta stop driving so much!)

Plus $500 Costco card

JL Freed, Lansdale PA

Thanks for sharing everyone's experiences.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purchased last week

2020 Honda Pilot Touring 8 Passenger

MSRP: $43,715
Discount: $7,376
Selling price: $36,339.93
VA Sales Tax: $1541.27
Doc fee: $799
Title Fees: $25
OTD: $38,753

No additional accessories
+ $500 Costco card (Thanks to this group)

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 Touring 7 passenger AWD black/black
46015 msrp
$38664
12,500- trade in 2013 Pilot Touring
OTD $28399
they wouldn’t throw in floor mats 🤣
Would not budge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Everybody!

Approaching August and the new 2021 are coming to the dealers. We have struggled a lot finding decent quotes for a EX-L in the NY-NJ-CT area. We have seen prices here in this forum that are amazing. We can not come even close to some of the amazing deals here. The best so far has been $37,500 out the door. I know some say not to discuss trade in before negotiating a price for the new vehicle but unfortunately with 5 dealerships, we have already talked about a price. Have anyone in this group forum seen prices difficult to match in the tri-state area? We are looking to buy a car in early August hoping to take in the additional discount of the older model. But it seems like the market is tight in the trig-state area. Lastly, anyone waiting to buy the 2021 and not the 2020? Very new into buying a Honda Pilot...and saw the SE specs being nice addition but not the additional price increase on the 2021. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
2020 Honda Pilot touring 7 passenger
MSPR: $46140
Discount: $5436
Selling price: $40704
Doc fee: $499
I opted for Gap insurance $250
.9% financing 60 months
Applied for $500 Costco cash card.
New Jersey

How did I do?
Sounds good. Do you like it? I just bought one too and I like it so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We just got ours and haven't driven it much yet but so far so good. I wanted to wait a little longer as I think prices will be better in the fall but no telling what will happen. No matter what dealers always come out ahead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everybody!

Approaching August and the new 2021 are coming to the dealers. We have struggled a lot finding decent quotes for a EX-L in the NY-NJ-CT area. We have seen prices here in this forum that are amazing. We can not come even close to some of the amazing deals here. The best so far has been $37,500 out the door. I know some say not to discuss trade in before negotiating a price for the new vehicle but unfortunately with 5 dealerships, we have already talked about a price. Have anyone in this group forum seen prices difficult to match in the tri-state area? We are looking to buy a car in early August hoping to take in the additional discount of the older model. But it seems like the market is tight in the trig-state area. Lastly, anyone waiting to buy the 2021 and not the 2020? Very new into buying a Honda Pilot...and saw the SE specs being nice addition but not the additional price increase on the 2021. Thanks!
can you share the contact?

·
Registered
2020 Pilot EX AWD
8 Posts
2020 Touring 7 passenger AWD black/black
46015 msrp
$38664
12,500- trade in 2013 Pilot Touring
OTD $28399
they wouldn’t throw in floor mats 🤣
Would not budge.
I got them to throw in the mud guards. Now I really feel like I got a deal 😉

·
Registered
5 Posts
We just got ours and haven't driven it much yet but so far so good. I wanted to wait a little longer as I think prices will be better in the fall but no telling what will happen. No matter what dealers always come out ahead.
From my conversation with two dealers, the shipment of 2021 is delayed due to covid. The whole idea of getting rid of 2020 inventory to make room for the 2021 isn't going to happen like every other year. Supposedly these two dealers are still getting 2020 cars. I was also hoping to get a great deal in August but it doesn't look it. I know a few Honda dealers show that they have 2021 available but when you call they said its not here yet and no ETA. I'm hoping I can get the Honda Pilot EX-L for $35k OTD like a few members here in this group did. It looks if I can get $37k OTD will be the best I can get. I noticed a few other members getting Elite or Touring 18% off sticker. But I think the tri-state area isn't budging much on the price because people are actively buying cars the past month. Any members out there recommending dealers that I should reach out to for a possible good deal? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
From my conversation with two dealers, the shipment of 2021 is delayed due to covid. The whole idea of getting rid of 2020 inventory to make room for the 2021 isn't going to happen like every other year. Supposedly these two dealers are still getting 2020 cars. I was also hoping to get a great deal in August but it doesn't look it. I know a few Honda dealers show that they have 2021 available but when you call they said its not here yet and no ETA. I'm hoping I can get the Honda Pilot EX-L for $35k OTD like a few members here in this group did. It looks if I can get $37k OTD will be the best I can get. I noticed a few other members getting Elite or Touring 18% off sticker. But I think the tri-state area isn't budging much on the price because people are actively buying cars the past month. Any members out there recommending dealers that I should reach out to for a possible good deal? Thanks in advance!
Honda dealers here have not been emailing me back (even during the mid year end) which i think they have been busy catching up with businesses that dormant for past 3 months. Regardless, you should be able to offer 10% off MSRP plus manufacturer to dealer incentive of $1,750 to seal a deal. I'm actually getting some good offers from Toyota dealerships for the 2020 Highlander Hybrid so I might just go with the Highlander.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Honda dealers here have not been emailing me back (even during the mid year end) which i think they have been busy catching up with businesses that dormant for past 3 months. Regardless, you should be able to offer 10% off MSRP plus manufacturer to dealer incentive of $1,750 to seal a deal. I'm actually getting some good offers from Toyota dealerships for the 2020 Highlander Hybrid so I might just go with the Highlander.
Thank You for writing about the Highlander. Unfortunately the wife is stuck on the Pilot. I won't be driving the car much so its really her pick of what she wants. Just hoping to get a decent deal where my arm and leg are still attached leaving the dealership. I feel the 10% off sticker is a given at any time during the year. Yes $37k OTD is around 10% off and incentive. The miscellaneous add ons these dealers put on the EX-L model that starts MSRP at $37k and change is annoying pushing it to $40k. Appreciate the info, thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank You for writing about the Highlander. Unfortunately the wife is stuck on the Pilot. I won't be driving the car much so its really her pick of what she wants. Just hoping to get a decent deal where my arm and leg are still attached leaving the dealership. I feel the 10% off sticker is a given at any time during the year. Yes $37k OTD is around 10% off and incentive. The miscellaneous add ons these dealers put on the EX-L model that starts MSRP at $37k and change is annoying pushing it to $40k. Appreciate the info, thank you!
Just keep at it. It took me a couple weeks and lots of emails to get dealers down to 20% off MSRP but I got there.

361 - 380 of 394 Posts