Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

321 - 340 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dealer has 2019 EX-L FWD. If I have a quote for 2020 EX-L FWD say $31,500 before taxes. What will be a good discount for 2019 model from 2020 model? $2000??
My locals are $1,800-$2,000 MORE for 2019 than 2020 MY trims. I would focus on the 2020 for obvious financial (cost/depreciation) reasons. Dealer incentives for 2019 seem to be over.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Copied from that link:

Please note this information is highly experimental and may be inaccurate, or may not be available in your region. Furthermore, some of these hidden rebates may only be available if you lease the vehicle versus buying it. This should not be considered a comprehensive list - there are probably models that offer hidden rebates which are not listed here, and models listed here with hidden rebates only available in very select regions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I finally did the deal.
Here are the details:

2020 Honda Pilot Elite, white with black interior.
Dealer add-ons: window tint, all season floor mats, wheel locks, folding cargo tray (I didn't ask for these, they just included them - I like the all season floor mats though)
Vehicle Price: $41,743.00
Doc Fee: $499.00
License (title) fee: $10.00
Total out the door price: 42,252.00
This is with the $1K Honda loyalty baked in.
Should be getting the $500 Costco card too.
I don't have an exact figure for TTL but estimate is roughly $1800.00 for that (Oklahoma).

For trade in, I had:
2012 Honda CR-V EX-L with NAV. 81,400 miles black with black interior.
I had this thing front line ready (new tires, rock chips fixed, paint correction, detailed etc)
Dealer's first offer was $9,500.00 Said no, at that price we'll just keep it. (Carmax had offered me 10K) Wanted at least $11,000.00.
They came up to $10,500. Said under normal circumstances I might take that, but neighbor had offered me $10,500 and would rather sell it to him.
They came up to $11,000 and I accepted. They currently have it up for sale asking $14K. Honestly I probably should have private party sold it myself, but sometimes that's a lot of trouble.

In addition to trade, put 10K down and then financed the remainder at 0.9 for 60 mos.

I didn't end up buying a warranty from them, plan to buy it online. I offered to buy it from them for $1500, but the finance guy said he couldn't do that because his cost on the warranty was $1900.
Said no to all the other warranty offers (door dent/scratch plan, windshield protection plan, interior rip/tear/stain plan)

One odd thing: They didn't collect the $10K down payment from me. Honestly I kind of forgot about it and didn't realize until after I got home.
Not sure if that's how they do it now a days? (Collect it later?) Last time I put a down payment on a car, they wanted it while I was in the finance office.
I'm assuming I'll be getting a phone call next week asking for it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pulled the trigger today

EX-L AWD

MSRP: $42,792.14
Actual Price Paid: $34,600
Dealer extras pre-installed: Brake Pulse, All Season Package, Door Edge Guards, 3500lb Tow Package (wasn't really interested in these except tow)
Tax: $3,218
Title and other fees: $157.25 licensing
Total: $37,975

West Hills Honda, Bremerton, WA
No Trade-In vehicle.
0.9%/60mo ($875 life of loan interest)
$500 Costco gift card supposedly en-route

Vehicle is for wife and she is thrilled. Thanks to everyone who previously posted pricing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the Forum and asking for opinion. I'm based out of Dallas.
Pilot EX-L RES FWD 2020
MSRP: 40,955.00
Factory invoice: 37,526.35
Special Internet Price: 33,031.25

Planning to trade-in my 2018 Pilot (same trim) to get advantage of the $1000 loyalty. Plus they are giving 3 year maintenance program ($400 value)
Good deal?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ibsue: Sounds like you are getting some of that manufacturer to dealer money. ($1750) last I heard. You also may be getting some " hold back " dollars, with the loyalty $1000. Your price appears to be pretty good. Don't forget if you or your spouse are 1st responders or health care workers there is another $500 toward lease or down payment on a financing contract. And of course the $500 gift card through Costco to you just for buying a Pilot until July 2nd. Good Luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all new to forum,

I picked up a 2020 Pilot Touring AWD back on 5/23 for Lou Sobh Honda in Cumming Georgia (Metro Atlanta). Here's my price breakdown.

2020 Pilot Touring AWD----------------------------------$36,627 (*Includes $1k conquest cash & $500 Healthcare)
All Season Mats, Splash Guards, Folding
Cargo Mat & Nitrogen Tires (Already on car and
included in above price)
Dealer Doc Fee--------------------------------------------$ 798
ETR Fee------------------------------------------------------$ 55
GA Title Tax--------------------------------------------------$ 2,474
Tag and Title Fee-------------------------------------------$ 43
Motor Vehicle Warranty Rights Act---------------------$ 3
Total Drive Out: $40,000

Trailer Hitch Tow Package (Hitch, Harness ATC)--$ 1,285 (w/tax-installed)
HondaCare Warranty 8yr/120 0 Deductible---------$ 1,360

Total Drive Out Price: $42,645

*Will get Costco Cash Card in the mail in 4-6 weeks $500

*Also took advantage of the Honda Finance 0.9% for 60 months

*Took Costco exit survey for another coupon for 50% office Service/Accessories/Parts up to $200 discount
(executive member $200 max Regular Member $100 max)

*You can negotiate the Costco price lower that whats initially offered, it was not a fixed thing with Lou Sobh. They gave me the Costco price, I shopped around all the metro Atlanta Dealers and found the $40k out the door. Lou Sobh matched it and I still qualified for the Costco $500 card, so technically they beat the other officer by $500.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all new to forum,

I picked up a 2020 Pilot Touring AWD back on 5/23 for Lou Sobh Honda in Cumming Georgia (Metro Atlanta). Here's my price breakdown.

2020 Pilot Touring AWD----------------------------------$36,627 (*Includes $1k conquest cash & $500 Healthcare)
All Season Mats, Splash Guards, Folding
Cargo Mat & Nitrogen Tires (Already on car and
included in above price)
Dealer Doc Fee--------------------------------------------$ 798
ETR Fee------------------------------------------------------$ 55
GA Title Tax--------------------------------------------------$ 2,474
Tag and Title Fee-------------------------------------------$ 43
Motor Vehicle Warranty Rights Act---------------------$ 3
Total Drive Out: $40,000

Trailer Hitch Tow Package (Hitch, Harness ATC)--$ 1,285 (w/tax-installed)
HondaCare Warranty 8yr/120 0 Deductible---------$ 1,360

Total Drive Out Price: $42,645

*Will get Costco Cash Card in the mail in 4-6 weeks $500

*Also took advantage of the Honda Finance 0.9% for 60 months

*Took Costco exit survey for another coupon for 50% office Service/Accessories/Parts up to $200 discount
(executive member $200 max Regular Member $100 max)

*You can negotiate the Costco price lower that whats initially offered, it was not a fixed thing with Lou Sobh. They gave me the Costco price, I shopped around all the metro Atlanta Dealers and found the $40k out the door. Lou Sobh matched it and I still qualified for the Costco $500 card, so technically they beat the other officer by $500.
I thought you are able to buy from any Honda dealership once you activate the Costco Honda certificate. You don't necessary need to buy from the Costco Auto affiliated dealership to earn $500 Costco gift card?

·
Registered
2020 Pilot EX AWD
8 Posts
Trim level: EX
AWD or FWD: AWD
Factory options selected: none

MSRP inc delivery $37650
Actual Price Paid before extras $31000
Dealer fitted extras (eg rubber mats, towing): mudguards no extra cost
Tax $2265
Title and other fees Title $35 and $250 taxable doc fee which I hate
Total $33550
Took advantage of Honda .9% financing

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought you are able to buy from any Honda dealership once you activate the Costco Honda certificate. You don't necessary need to buy from the Costco Auto affiliated dealership to earn $500 Costco gift card?
If you go to this page and scroll down and click the "Get Started" button next to the Honda pilot image, it says:
"Present a digital or printed copy of your certificate to any Honda dealership to receive your exclusive value."

I would interpret that to mean you can buy the car from any Honda dealer not just ones participating in the costco auto buying program.

But what do I know?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you go to this page and scroll down and click the "Get Started" button next to the Honda pilot image, it says:
"Present a digital or printed copy of your certificate to any Honda dealership to receive your exclusive value."

I would interpret that to mean you can buy the car from any Honda dealer not just ones participating in the costco auto buying program.

But what do I know?
Correct. Doesn’t have to be the dealership assigned to you by Costco. I purchased at a different dealer and they said they would take care of it. Costco called me 2 days later asking about my search process and I told them I purchased elsewhere. Gave her the dealer name and VIN and they started processing it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for a EX-L in the sf bay are. One instant email quote I received was for $34,488 (and $1k less if qualified for loyalty discount). Same dealer (palo alto) had the red or blue for $33,988 (or $1k less for loyalty discount) memoial day weekend.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Touring 7P
1 Posts
Just bought ours yesterday after a week of texting/emailing negotiations. Here's the breakdown:
2020 Pilot Touring 7P 2WD
Austin, TX area
This is with the $1,000 loyalty incentive
Edit: MSRP $44,140
Screenshot_20200526-125238~2.png

·
Registered
7 Posts
2020 EX-L FWD (Red/Beige)

Purchased at Flow Honda, Burlington NC (Sales Manager Dalton Hogue)
Selling Price $31897.09 (includes $1000 loyalty)
NC Tax $986.91
Doc Fee $699.00
License/Registration $116.00

Out of the Door $33,000

·
Registered
4 Posts

But what do I know?

I just wanted to point out in regards to the Costco deal, there are some rules that must be followed in order to qualify. In the screenshot, it clearly states the person has to be a member by 08 April 2020 or sign up for a membership at a brand new Costco that opens between 09 April 2020 to 06 July 2020 in order to qualify.

Good Job. The Costco cash is a no brainer. Even if you have to apply for the card, ($45), you still net $450 with the Visa card they send you for buying a Pilot before June 2nd. Have to make sure your selling dealer sends in the paperwork though. And you have to dime up Costco purchase program to let them know you made the purchase.
Note: Dealers around here have told me about the $1750 manufacturer to dealer incentives. Dealers can give you some of it or none of it, depending on how bad they want to move metal.

It is not as you stated "Even if you have to apply for the card, ($45), you still net $450 with the Visa card they send you for buying a Pilot before June 2nd" because if you are not a member under those terms, you will not qualify. Also, the incentive runs until 06 July 2020. I just wanted to clear that up so people that are not Costco members now won't rush to sign up only to find out they do not qualify for the $500 Costco cash card.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wanted to share all of the different offers I got to give people more of a current reference as it was rather limited when I was digging around. I hope this information helps other in the market for a Black Edition.

Car: 2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition

$41,768$42,849$45,544
$41,834$42,904$46,150
$42,356$43,399$49,823
$42,440$44,900
$42,801$44,305

It should be noted that all of these quotes includes destination charge as well as the Honda Loyalty $1,000 savings. If you are in the market and Honda is no longer offering the loyalty, then add $1,000 to all prices listed. Also, most of the lower priced ones has been sitting on the lot for awhile and had over 100 miles on them. I got lucky and the one I got just came into the dealer. Drive off with the car only having 5 miles on it. I think it was because it was the end of the month as I picked it up on the 30th. They probably needed a couple more units to hit their bonus.

Also, I negotiated all prices on my own. I tried Costco, Sam’s club, TrueCar, and all those other sites and doing it on my own got me much better pricing than what those were able to get me. Just my experience.

My deal:

MSRP: $49,720

Destination: $1,120

Total: $50,840

Invoice: $45,425

Total price before tax: $41,069

Savings, incentives, and rebates:

Honda Loyalty: $1,000
Manufacturer to dealer incentives: $1,750 (BTW, dealer does not have to give any of this to you; I negotiated for this)
First Responder: $500

Tax: $3,252

T&L (includes ERT): $326

Doc Fee: $300

OTD: $44,947

Approved for both 0.9% for 60 months and 1.9% for 72 months.

I did not get the extended warranty as they were trying to charge me $2,2xx for it. I was wondering if anyone knew how soon I had to get it? Like can I wait until I am closer to when the standard warranty is about to expire whether due to the year or mileage?

321 - 340 of 394 Posts